Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Isle of Man TT

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Basejumper 
#1 ·
Hi guys............
Anyone on here going to the beautiful Isle of man for race week ?

#3 ·
Lol without doubt,this should be on everyone's bucket list........
As still amazes me,with all the health and safety in the world,how these guys are still allowed to race on normal roads...
I'm off to the island this Monday,so will upload a couple of pics to share what ya missing out on.....
Been a few times before,but definitely worth a visit !!

#4 ·
Never been, but it's on my list. I think you need to start preparing the trip at least a year in advance. I saw a few weeks back that they've already started selling camping spots for 2019.

There is a good amount of road racing in Ireland too. I've been to Skerries the last two years, which is about 40 minutes north of Dublin. I think it's about €20 in, which includes a programme. You can find spots where you can sit on a mound on the side of the road. 4 feet away the bikes passing at 200km/h+ with nothing between you and them. Dunlop brothers were both there in 2017.

IOM is by far the most popular, and arguably the most prestigious, but there are loads of events where you can experience similar races. Definitely something to do once in your life.

#5 ·
I've been to Ireland 4 times in total,& still yet to see a road race,but will eventually get round to it.....
As for the TT,booking the ferry is a year in advance,along with accommodation,as sells out pretty quickly.....
But unfortunately with every year that passes,the more popular it becomes,which then pushes the prices up.....
Ferry = £258 (with bike)
Camping = £330 each for 6 days..

So is it worth the money,damn yeah lol !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.