Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

IMSTuner's 2016 ZX10R

9K views 42 replies 8 participants last post by  IMSTuner 
#1 ·
I just sold my Ducati and picked up the ZX10R up and did some simple slider mods today.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Rim Green

Green Vehicle Tire Automotive design Wheel

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

See less See more
#4 ·
I just sold my Ducati and picked up the ZX10R up and did some simple slider mods today.

looking good! had those red sliders on mine and beware the color fades extremely fast.. I was very disappointed in them and switched back to black after they faded within a month or two and i keep my bike in the shade as much as possible and stored inside.

#15 ·
They worked for one crash. Put new pucks on, and the second crash the whole slider assembly just came right out. May have been damaged from the first crash, it is hard to say. But with the thread through type, as long as the rod does not get bent, you just put new pucks on and go. It takes two 10mm sockets and 30 seconds to take the thread through off the motorcycle for wheel changes. I use captive spacers as well. I am not saying they are horrible sliders. But it makes more sense to ME, based on my experiences, to use the kind that are bolted to one another vs. fastened like bar end using expansion pressure.

#22 ·
It's a whale and not as agile. It had stock Ohlins but the valving was bad in my opinion. The suspension was setup by GMD Boston and he recommended me to re valve the front from the gecko. It's great for the street no so much for the track. The 16 plus monster s and r are better now. I swapped bike with my girlfriend and definitely fast on her zx6r.

#24 ·
haha Nice man. I was asking because I have taken my gsx-s1000 out to the track a few times. It was funny because we have a group of friends that go to the track together. We are all pretty close in terms of lap times. But once I got on the gsx-s i could not keep up with any of them, even the slowest ones lol. I was scraping the foot pegs, shifter, and even the damn kick stand kicker. I'll try to find a pic to show you.

#33 ·
Thanks man. They are Yoshimura Case Savers. I had Nels @ two wheel dyno works flash my ECU (i think he uses flash tune for the zx10, but it has been over a year and I cannot remember, because ehe also uses woolich). Really great guy to deal with. Unlocks auto blip down shifts for free (some charge more for this). Also he will flash the ecu in the future for free for as long as you own the bike.

#37 ·
Nels uses Woolich for Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Ducati. Only uses FT for Yamaha.

If he were using FT for the ZX-10R, you would've been charged $400 for the auto blip since it's a paid option in their software, not free like in Woolich.

The flash was awesome and I would recommend Woolich and 2wheelDyno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.