Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

I am fed up with Kawasaki

61K views 376 replies 70 participants last post by  lewisrassel 
#1 · (Edited)
Are you friggin serious Kawi? It's been the same friggin bike for years. The H2 is a big hunk of shit and the new ZX-10r SE is overpriced and so yesterday. Can we get something exciting? I don't care if the latest Gen is the most winning bike in WSBK. :thefinger_red: All the bikes are getting choked down by electronics and emissions standards. There is nothing out there that I am excited for. BMW needs a new platform, the R1 is ugly as fuck, I can't even look at the front without a cringe, a fish on wheels. The Aprilia is overweight, reliability is like gambling, been the same model for years. The Gixxer is way overpriced, comes with a gameboy dashboard and tractor flashers and looks really gixxer alike!:dontknow: Ducati is for the Starbuck queers with Dainese super thigh leathers that put 500 KMs a year on the rear tire, The Fireblade has no character at all, just another pile of shit Honda with no soul, way underpowered with nice welds lol. There is nothing out there that just trigger me, that get me pumped to go buy it. The sportbike scene is bland as fuck.:frown2:

The 2004-2005 was the almighty unicorn from Kawasaki. It just went downhill from there. :lol:

#3 ·
I can feel your pain. For better term "exciting" the bike has to "feel special". If not, then I will hate it after few months. Yes, Italians feel special, but are expensive gamble.
Japanese lack attention to fine detail, just compare looks of swingarm of S1000RR with ZX10R, one is beautiful and other is ugly in my opinion.
How 95% people buy cars: outside look.
If I had to buy street sportbike today then it would be 2015 S1000RR or 2013 HP4, I'm not crazy about looks, but it feels somewhat "special" (unlike japanse bikes).
Comparing to other manufacturers BMW made substantional changes for S1000RR every 2-3 years and 2015 is certanly up to date and is amazing on both street and track.
For me: Busa yesterday, BMW today, Gen6 tomorrow (hopefully).
P.S. For track my practical choice is Gen5 if my Gen4 blows up next season.

#13 ·
I went to my nearest Ducati dealership to get some pricing on the new Panigale V4. The base model is $24000 CND, the S-Model is $26000 and the Tricolor is just too expensive. At that price, is a Ducati Man purse included?:spit: The Italians like to kiss each others on the cheeks isn't? Everybody that I rode with in the past had issues with their Italians. All of them. Buddy of mine bought a brand new 16 Aprilia RF. I like it, but how long before it goes boom? That thing is almost 500lbs from such a tiny bike. I not a fan of the fake carbon fiber on it/plastic tank and it clash! There is probably 10lbs of stickers embedded in the paint.:2bitchslap: But you got a lot for the price, forged wheels, suspended by Ohlins all around. Just add an exhaust/Racing ECU. I do think that the BMW S1000rr is my only option. Tweak the suspension, ECU reflash and tuning, exhaust, rearsets .It is the only bike left on the market untouched from castration.:rolleyes: I wanna like the R1 but I can't! It is too weird. I know it is a good bike, I can't go past the look. It is awful in person. The new R6 is nice, the front headlights don't stick out as much. The new Kawis, I don't even have a small erection for them just like the new Suzukis. So yesterday, so uninspired.

#6 ·
I feel that this is the best time to be shopping for superbikes. Everything is extremely powerful and has more advanced electronics than ever. As for looks, well that is subjective.
I do agree that every thing is too heavy though. And I am talking more than just superbikes that are just stupidly heavy.

#9 ·
Shit, im just gonna chime in to rep some GenII as well! I love the looks too, it doesnt look like a 600 and after Cody flashed it, the dyno sheet (tuned by Ryan at Schnitz) shows the power starts ramping at 5.5K and it pulls hard til the light comes on - although i will admit it has opened up heads + valve job, a kawi race cam, full Brocks and a slight comp bump + normal mods like BMC street, emissions crap gone, plus i've lightened it as much as i can at the moment and i only weigh 140 lol. Its a handful for me quite honestly lol.

I totally get what you're saying though badexample. For me, i actually want less electronics, which should bring the weight back down and i just want a bike thats gnarly. Honestly if i had the coin to buy something new within the last few years or so it would probably have been a S1000R and i really like what i read about the crossplank although im not sure how it translates to the real world - would love to test one. Im just thankful there are still so many cool older bikes out there that i also know id be able to work on without buying too much computer related stuff for hundo's of bucks. Believe me though if i could afford some Woolich gear, a data logger and a closed system id do it but its just not gonna happen at the moment lol.

#17 · (Edited)
I do like electronics, but how much can you add? Look at WSBK racing right now. It is so bad!! It is unwatchable. The riders are full throttle in corners, electronics take care of you. Look at BSB racing! Amazing racing!!!!!

BSB Racing rules:

Allowed
Engine braking (open loop, per gear).
Ignition and fuel mapping with ambient compensation and individual cylinder trims.
Full throttle gear shift cut.
Banned
Traction control.
Launch control.
Throttle blipping on down shifts.
Closed loop fuelling.
Anti-wheelie.
Anti-jerk.

#11 ·
I agree with a lot of this...I had a Gen 1 and put 70,000 miles on her in 4 years. That bike fit me perfectly. Not the power of today's bikes and the handling needed much improvement....On the other hand, my generation 4 I've had since 2011 and plan to keep it as there's nothing out there to improve on it. Yes, I spend $10,000+ on mods, but the suspension is smooth, the engine smooth and another 15 to 25 HP won't improve my performance on the street or track. And besides it looks like a 2017/2018 bike...LOL

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Preaching to the choir here Badex! Both on electronics and racing, although i can do without the elect's on the street.
Hell id like to see less computer interference and more rider input to tame a bike in a race. Right now they can hang any 110lb monkey off the side like Marquez and i feel like the bike will pretty much race itself around the course. Damn near anyway. Similar stuff with Lulu in F1.
If i did want electronics or just had to have a bike that just so happens to have them, id have to have a option to completely shut off whatever i want - i can see how that stuff may be needed when track riding - but all i want for the street is a slipper clutch. And yea i forgot to mention how hideous the new R1 is!!!

I think you hit the nail when you said Uninspiring. I think electronics/gadgetry wise the last two Kawi gens have looked great on paper - i have not been able to ride them but i want more of a difference in looks too and there was very little change from 4 - 5 and i thought that was a weak move although i do think GenV looks a little better. Yet i also feel like Gen's 4&5 might not even be that different in the engine dept.
Dont even get me started on that gay ass looking gixxer. Would rather ride the Abe Sapien R1 (in the dark of course). Anyone else hate when a manufacturer makes a cool bike on paper and people say it rides so well but you think it looks like ass?? Hate that lol.

Edit - Havent been able to watch Moto, AMA or BSA, none of it the last few years, but i still get it.

Also, we took my buddies GenI to Schnitz during the same trip and he only pulled 162 on the dyno i believe - but there is a reason so many people still rave about that bike to this day.

#21 ·
I disagree to be honest. It's an exciting time for bikes in my opinion. Bikes are putting out a lot of power, it's not unheard of to get 200whp with a few mods. They're starting to come from the factory with Brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension, launch control, quickshifters and superchargers. The "Unicorn Gen 1" was a great bike for it's time but nothing compared to new bikes. It's not as fast, has an unstable chassis with awful brakes. The only redeeming quality was it was light and had a lot of mid range.

#22 ·
Are you friggin serious Kawi? It's been the same friggin bike for years. The H2 is a big hunk of shit and the new ZX-10r SE is overpriced and so yesterday. Can we get something exciting? I don't care if the latest Gen is the most winning bike in WSBK. :thefinger_red: All the bikes are getting choked down by electronics and emissions standards. There is nothing out there that I am excited for. BMW need a new model, the R1 is ugly as fuck, I can't even look at the front without a cringe, a fish on wheels. The Aprilia is overweight, reliability is like gambling, been the same model for years. The Gixxer is way overpriced, comes with a gameboy dashboard and tractor flashers and looks really gixxer alike!:dontknow: Ducati is for the Starbuck queers with Dainese super thigh leathers that put 500 KMs a year on the rear tire, The Fireblade has no character at all, just another pile of shit Honda with no soul, way underpowered with nice welds lol. There is nothing out there that just trigger me, that get me pumped to go buy it. The sportbike scene is bland as fuck.:frown2:

The 2004-2005 was the almighty unicorn from Kawasaki. It just went downhill from there. :lol:
What makes the H2 a, "big hunk of shit"? Why complain about the 10R being, "old" when the same can be said for other manufacturers? This is how it works. Manufacturer A makes a bikes and B,C,and D try to beat it. On into infinity. You said it yourself...ALL the bikes are getting electronics and have to worry about emissions. Shit, I can buy a 10R with an active suspension, Ohlins electronic damper, Brembo calipers, launch control, blipper, etc etc etc. Yes they all weigh more than I like with the exception of the new Pani and the Honda CBR1000RR SP which weigh what my 1st gen does stock for stock but they cost too much.

Kawasaki put out a supercharged bike now in multiple flavors, we see TFT is coming for other models, they now have multiple versions of the 10R which people have been asking for for years. How long ago could we only get the 10R? Now we can get the 10R, the 10R Performance, The KRT Replica, the 10RR, and the 10R-SE. As for reliability and gambling...that is in direct contrast with evolution. If you want new new new gambling is going to have to happen...if a model is constantly evolving it is inevitable. You don't get you cake and eat it too. If a bike is established and not a gamble then it is stale right? But if it is new it is a gamble right? There is no way to win here and I feel that isn't fair.

If you don't want all the new bells and whistles get an older model. I still have an analog animal 1st gen and still love her. But I can appreciate the new tech and look forward to the cyclical nature of bloat and lean. This is how it has always been. But Kawasaki frankly doesn't get the credit it deserves. They have been listening to their customers and have been offering great bikes. The literbike world has segwayed from a hp war to an electronic war and the bar is raising everywhere with a few exceptions (weight, price).

You ask if Kawi is serious? Dude, are you? :dontknow:

#23 · (Edited)
The H2 is an overweight POS. The BMW S1000r outclass the thing bonestock. I would like to see the Beemer with a supercharger. :crackup: I am not an electronics hater whatsoever. The latest Kawi is just a tweaked Gen IV. It is fat ( that thing is a couch) and just redundant. Kawi, stop adding shit on it and please come up with something new and exciting to ride? I don't care about WSBK results. A good looking bike with an intoxicating powerband? Nowadays bikes, "fast but easy to ride".:crackup: I have no emotional erections to any of the new Sportbikes on the market. They have no flavors. Plain Vanilla looking, neutered. :badteeth: They slowly turning into Gold wings, heated grips and all ahahahahahah

#35 · (Edited)
H2 and g5 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too heavy. G4 is simply on steroids but I've blown up two and that is a badge of problems for me as all I do is ride hard under the limiter and buy thousands of dollars in tires year after year as long as the bike can reach 100k. All super Kawas prior to g4 are simply classed as needing dampers at that is a badge of problems. cross is a joke; cbr might work as np with oil burning and weight is down so that I can keep tires on; idk gixxer but will consider them if weight down to the cbr or if Kawa can't keep weight down to g4; v twins: ask Rossi.

Still, supers of today are WAY better than anything engineered prior to 2011. The tires are the problem now as I need soft that will grip past 10k miles!

very curious about Canadian criticisms as they simply can NOT ride year around and if ya can't ride year around...well...WHAT DO YOU KNOW! And Track bikes ARE NOT YEAR AROUND! lol!

explanation as not being mean but simply making a point: link is Rossi; if you don't know who this guy is do a search; (I say this not out of disrespect but on past sites when I talk about riding in twists you simply can not believe how clueless others were and I'm assuming that they we not trolls) when Rossi said, "if I don't ride everyday, I'm afraid I'll forget how to ride,' every serious rider in the world knew exactly what he meant.

So, op, are you qualified to judge a bike. That is the question. For true judgement requires credibility and that is why so many true riders avoid non registered sites: they get tired of those that fail to put in the time to study anything much less riding a super.

#39 · (Edited)
Scout, I live on Vancouver Island. I can ride all year long if I am lucky. I put between 6000 to 10000 kms every year. Qualified to judge the bike? I owned the Gen 3 Gen 4 from Kawi. You blown 2 of them because you can't simply do common sense maintenance like oil changes LOL. Just go ride different bikes, you'll see that the latest Kawasaki is fat/ageing and nothing special. You don't need to be Rossi to know this.:2bitchslap:

#44 ·
No thanks! But love the frame!

BMW HP4 Race Engine Life Set at 5,000km.

According to documents sent to BMW Motorrad dealers in the United States, the 212hp inline-four engine for the BMW HP4 Race comes with an expiration point of 5,000km (roughly 3,100 miles), at which point the entire engine will have to be replaced. Yup, you read that right.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/bmw-hp4-race-engine-life-5000km/

#42 ·
@ bun1t - im okay with all that and think its great that bikes are coming out now with better components like brakes, suspension, etc... Some of this stuff is way past due and im glad to see it. The electronics i could take or leave at the moment but i dont ride track.

@ Sebastian - id agree we were spoiled in those early to mid 2000's. Bikes were changing a lot during that time just in a slightly different way than now. Yet i feel that was a golden era, but this right now is one too, just different. We were coming from a carb'd era into FI and PCIII's, exhaust and fueling was all the rage, now its gyro's and active suspensions. I feel like manufacturers have moved away from visual changes as well where we used to get a new version every couple years and they might look very different whereas today not nearly as much IMO. Maybe i could get on board more with the new stuff if 1. I could simply afford it and 2. If i rode track. Prices have really been creeping up these last years, understandably so but still lol.

Disclaimer - Apparently my opinion aint worth shit anyway due to the fact i cant ride year round living here in Indy :heyyou:. Leaves me time to throw a wrench though :heyyou::heyyou::rolleyes: ..Oh and if you cant go more than a day without forgetting how to ride you should probably just hang it up and take up bird watching and eating Vicodin. Dont care who said what. ...Lastly, i get tired of those that fail to put in the time to study anything regarding basic maintenance, much less riding a super in the same circle/loop over and again and yet seem to not have a problem coming off as a better rider (elitist) for doing so. No disrespect meant. I love discussions like this.

Rossi would crap his silk Italian panties if he had to ride/commute in downtown Indy traffic. Who knows if the dude even changes his own chain/sprox? Thats a dirty job ya know?:dontknow:

#43 ·
Are you friggin serious Kawi? It's been the same friggin bike for years. The H2 is a big hunk of shit and the new ZX-10r SE is overpriced and so yesterday. Can we get something exciting? I don't care if the latest Gen is the most winning bike in WSBK. :thefinger_red: All the bikes are getting choked down by electronics and emissions standards. There is nothing out there that I am excited for. BMW need a new model, the R1 is ugly as fuck, I can't even look at the front without a cringe, a fish on wheels. The Aprilia is overweight, reliability is like gambling, been the same model for years. The Gixxer is way overpriced, comes with a gameboy dashboard and tractor flashers and looks really gixxer alike!:dontknow: Ducati is for the Starbuck queers with Dainese super thigh leathers that put 500 KMs a year on the rear tire, The Fireblade has no character at all, just another pile of shit Honda with no soul, way underpowered with nice welds lol. There is nothing out there that just trigger me, that get me pumped to go buy it. The sportbike scene is bland as fuck.:frown2:

I respectfully disagree. Good points on the Ugly R1 and unreliable RSV4 but otherwise I think it's a golden age of motorcycles right now. I even appreciate the electronics that allow me to go faster and be safer at the same time (though I'm not a track rider). Emissions? Not much anybody can do about that and it's easily rectified once you ditch cat converters and re-flash.

I've been riding for 18 years now so I feel I have some perspective. :smile2:

Reactions: Sebastian1000
#45 · (Edited)
I appreciate the electronics as well -anti-wheelies!, in racing not so much. I know about emissions, I am a bad example! I like to come on here and shake the boat! This forum is always dead! I've been riding for a long time as well. Motorcycles are like women and do think that the latest Gen need to go to the gym! :dontknow:

#51 ·
You guys got me crackin up. :crackup: What do they want for that Race like 80k? I thought it was 380 wet? I swear every time I hear about that bike it gets 6 pounds lighter and gains 6 horse. :badteeth: I guess I'll park it next to my superleggera and desmosedici :helmet:

#55 ·
Interesting thread... none the less lol. H2 = POS? Wow. ZX10 old and fat? Hmmm. As for this year having no bikes out there worth owning"...? Dude this was like a fucking stellar year to be an avid motorcyclist. The new KTM's are sick. I'm waiting for the 790 to hit the USA. The new Duc's are way over priced. But fucking monsters. New CBR is a beautiful bike. Not sure about the power... OMG 165hp is not enough lol!!! If I knew for certain the tranny would hold up, I'd get that SP. She's a looker in person and with auto suspension? How can you go wrong? I guess if you are anti-electronics.

Pricing... I get it. Hell, even a new 10r is $16k. Long lost are the good ol' days of $8k liter bikes... and boy do I miss those days.

#56 ·
The 790 is not coming with the underseat exhaust! Gay! The Gen 5 is a good bike but compared to the newer in-line 4 like the Fireblade and the GSX-R, it looks fat. The tach is primitive and the whole bike doesn't have much personality . Planted but just so blah to ride. I'll probably end up with an ugly R1 or GSX-RR if I don't buy the Beemer.:dontknow::spit:

The H2 is just an exhibition bike. No thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.