I am fed up with Kawasaki - Page 7 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 07:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I didn't buy a Gen5 because I had a Gen4. The improvement wasn't there. I did buy 2017 GSXR1000R and love that bike.

The KTM sure does look like something I would enjoy. I just have concerns on reliability.
badexample likes this.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
I'll probably end up with an ugly R1 or GSX-RR if I don't buy the Beemer.
How long in the tooth is the bimmer?
Attached Images

badexample likes this.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #63 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
How long in the tooth is the bimmer?
ahahahahah the crab!! Looks so stupid in person. I can't get over it. It is like a hot chick with crossed eyes. Not cool The tail section is a 10/10. The Swingarm is a joke, the welds on it is ridiculous.

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 12-21-2017 at 07:52 PM.

post #64 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
I didn't buy a Gen5 because I had a Gen4. The improvement wasn't there. I did buy 2017 GSXR1000R and love that bike.

The KTM sure does look like something I would enjoy. I just have concerns on reliability.
Awesome! More mid range power? What about turning? feels "lighter on it's feet"? Seems to be a small narrow bike for a liter bike and sounds wicked too with the Variable Valve Timing and 14500 redline. Did you get the thing reflash and all? I feel the same about the reliability with the KTM. They had issues with the RC8 in the past.

Micheal Dunlop seems to have a blast on it!

starts @ 18:55

Last edited by badexample; 12-21-2017 at 08:04 PM.
post #65 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Are you Justin Bieber?
Can I help you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meonmyswagmobilewithbedazzledshoesboi.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	409017  
badexample and Sebastian1000 like this.
post #66 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeebs View Post
Can I help you?
crazy people that create accounts to post that stuff lol!!

Obijack that song goes for you :

post #67 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Awesome! More mid range power? What about turning? feels "lighter on it's feet"? Seems to be a small narrow bike for a liter bike and sounds wicked too with the Variable Valve Timing and 14500 redline. Did you get the thing reflash and all? I feel the same about the reliability with the KTM. They had issues with the RC8 in the past.
Useable midrange power is an understood statement now. The bike has torque or feels like it. No sprocket changes, no flashes, no aftermarket exhaust, from the factory it has midrange and lets you know it when the throttle cracks.

I have it flashed and full Yoshimura exhaust. It is a beast, but all of them are today.

Very nimble feeling to me and seems setup out of the box for my height and fit. I don't know how to explain it other than the bike just fits me. Another term I think of is what they used to say about the Hondas "it is easy to go fast on" My first time in the mountains I could put the bike wherever I wanted easily and it would hold the line.

Narrow yes, in some ways the quality is better than my Gen4 and in other places it is not.
s
I am fortunate the QS is flawless on mine so far. It does have a few faults which are pointed out in the reviews. it does vibrate more, and seems to be worse at the cruising rpm speed in 6th gear. I have found shift up/down change speed a little and it makes a big difference.

Overall, I love the bike and have no regrets in my purchase. People will have a different opinion, but I like it! I didn't spend their money on it

Brock is making some great videos on the new GSXR1000 and modifying.
badexample likes this.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #68 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
Useable midrange power is an understood statement now. The bike has torque or feels like it. No sprocket changes, no flashes, no aftermarket exhaust, from the factory it has midrange and lets you know it when the throttle cracks.

I have it flashed and full Yoshimura exhaust. It is a beast, but all of them are today.

Very nimble feeling to me and seems setup out of the box for my height and fit. I don't know how to explain it other than the bike just fits me. Another term I think of is what they used to say about the Hondas "it is easy to go fast on" My first time in the mountains I could put the bike wherever I wanted easily and it would hold the line.

Narrow yes, in some ways the quality is better than my Gen4 and in other places it is not.
s
I am fortunate the QS is flawless on mine so far. It does have a few faults which are pointed out in the reviews. it does vibrate more, and seems to be worse at the cruising rpm speed in 6th gear. I have found shift up/down change speed a little and it makes a big difference.

Overall, I love the bike and have no regrets in my purchase. People will have a different opinion, but I like it! I didn't spend their money on it

Brock is making some great videos on the new GSXR1000 and modifying.
Yep, I watched the whole series from Brock on Youtube on the new GSX-R! good stuff!

Did you add some heavier bar ends and a steering damper/stabilizer for vibrations^^ Thanks for the review BTW!

HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

Last edited by badexample; 12-21-2017 at 08:49 PM.
post #69 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 09:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My biggest beef with KTM:

No More Superbikes for KTM - CEO Says They're Too Dangerous For Public RoadsTheRideAdvice.com

Again bad...how long in the tooth is the bimmer? iirc the prototype for the s1000rr goes back to what 2008 and the s1000rr hit the streets as a 2010 right? So it's older than the 4th gen. You said the 10R hasn't been updated since 2011 (yet it has) which is a reason to knock it yet the bimmer is even older but that's ok? Why? BNG? Tweeks just like the 10R? Hand warmers that you make fun of?

Help me out here...you seem so inconsistent.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #70 of 103 Old 12-21-2017, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
My biggest beef with KTM:

No More Superbikes for KTM - CEO Says They're Too Dangerous For Public RoadsTheRideAdvice.com

Again bad...how long in the tooth is the bimmer? iirc the prototype for the s1000rr goes back to what 2008 and the s1000rr hit the streets as a 2010 right? So it's older than the 4th gen. You said the 10R hasn't been updated since 2011 (yet it has) which is a reason to knock it yet the bimmer is even older but that's ok? Why? BNG? Tweeks just like the 10R? Hand warmers that you make fun of?

Help me out here...you seem so inconsistent.
I was waiting for their new S1KRR for 2018 but seems they will wait another year? Their first one came out in 2008 but got major updates since then. I know it is getting old but the finish product is still better. It is a bike that's gnarly to ride and way more fun than the ZX-10r and better looking. I don't ride for laptimes, I ride for pure enjoyment!

That CEO is full of shit. Poor excuses for lack of sales for the RC8.

Last edited by badexample; 12-21-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.