I am fed up with Kawasaki - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 157Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 06:28 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 568
Posting Frequency
 
You guys should buy the new BMW HP4 RACE. Weighs 374 full of Gas. Over 200hp.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:04 PM
GP Rider
 
Capncalyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,969
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
    
@ bun1t - im okay with all that and think its great that bikes are coming out now with better components like brakes, suspension, etc... Some of this stuff is way past due and im glad to see it. The electronics i could take or leave at the moment but i dont ride track.

@ Sebastian - id agree we were spoiled in those early to mid 2000's. Bikes were changing a lot during that time just in a slightly different way than now. Yet i feel that was a golden era, but this right now is one too, just different. We were coming from a carb'd era into FI and PCIII's, exhaust and fueling was all the rage, now its gyro's and active suspensions. I feel like manufacturers have moved away from visual changes as well where we used to get a new version every couple years and they might look very different whereas today not nearly as much IMO. Maybe i could get on board more with the new stuff if 1. I could simply afford it and 2. If i rode track. Prices have really been creeping up these last years, understandably so but still lol.

Disclaimer - Apparently my opinion aint worth shit anyway due to the fact i cant ride year round living here in Indy . Leaves me time to throw a wrench though ..Oh and if you cant go more than a day without forgetting how to ride you should probably just hang it up and take up bird watching and eating Vicodin. Dont care who said what. ...Lastly, i get tired of those that fail to put in the time to study anything regarding basic maintenance, much less riding a super in the same circle/loop over and again and yet seem to not have a problem coming off as a better rider (elitist) for doing so. No disrespect meant. I love discussions like this.

Rossi would crap his silk Italian panties if he had to ride/commute in downtown Indy traffic. Who knows if the dude even changes his own chain/sprox? Thats a dirty job ya know?

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.
Capncalyx is offline  
post #43 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:09 PM
WSB Rider
 
Porschenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Posts: 520
Posting Frequency
Images: 2
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
Are you friggin serious Kawi? It's been the same friggin bike for years. The H2 is a big hunk of shit and the new ZX-10r SE is overpriced and so yesterday. Can we get something exciting? I don't care if the latest Gen is the most winning bike in WSBK. All the bikes are getting choked down by electronics and emissions standards. There is nothing out there that I am excited for. BMW need a new model, the R1 is ugly as fuck, I can't even look at the front without a cringe, a fish on wheels. The Aprilia is overweight, reliability is like gambling, been the same model for years. The Gixxer is way overpriced, comes with a gameboy dashboard and tractor flashers and looks really gixxer alike! Ducati is for the Starbuck queers with Dainese super thigh leathers that put 500 KMs a year on the rear tire, The Fireblade has no character at all, just another pile of shit Honda with no soul, way underpowered with nice welds lol. There is nothing out there that just trigger me, that get me pumped to go buy it. The sportbike scene is bland as fuck.


The 2004-2005 was the almighty unicorn from Kawasaki. It just went downhill from there.
I respectfully disagree. Good points on the Ugly R1 and unreliable RSV4 but otherwise I think it's a golden age of motorcycles right now. I even appreciate the electronics that allow me to go faster and be safer at the same time (though I'm not a track rider). Emissions? Not much anybody can do about that and it's easily rectified once you ditch cat converters and re-flash.

I've been riding for 18 years now so I feel I have some perspective.
Sebastian1000 likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
Porschenut is offline  
 
post #44 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
badexample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Posts: 4,567
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
You guys should buy the new BMW HP4 RACE. Weighs 374 full of Gas. Over 200hp.
No thanks! But love the frame!

BMW HP4 Race Engine Life Set at 5,000km.

According to documents sent to BMW Motorrad dealers in the United States, the 212hp inline-four engine for the BMW HP4 Race comes with an expiration point of 5,000km (roughly 3,100 miles), at which point the entire engine will have to be replaced. Yup, you read that right.


https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bik...e-life-5000km/


“Ride like you are invisible.”
badexample is online now  
post #45 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
badexample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Posts: 4,567
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
I respectfully disagree. Good points on the Ugly R1 and unreliable RSV4 but otherwise I think it's a golden age of motorcycles right now. I even appreciate the electronics that allow me to go faster and be safer at the same time (though I'm not a track rider). Emissions? Not much anybody can do about that and it's easily rectified once you ditch cat converters and re-flash.

I've been riding for 18 years now so I feel I have some perspective.
I appreciate the electronics as well -anti-wheelies!, in racing not so much. I know about emissions, I am a bad example! I like to come on here and shake the boat! This forum is always dead! I've been riding for a long time as well. Motorcycles are like women and do think that the latest Gen need to go to the gym!


“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 12-20-2017 at 12:34 PM.
badexample is online now  
post #46 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 568
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
No thanks! But love the frame!

BMW HP4 Race Engine Life Set at 5,000km.

According to documents sent to BMW Motorrad dealers in the United States, the 212hp inline-four engine for the BMW HP4 Race comes with an expiration point of 5,000km (roughly 3,100 miles), at which point the entire engine will have to be replaced. Yup, you read that right.


https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bik...e-life-5000km/
But you forgot to complain about the price tag, the looks, and whatever else have you been whining about.
Always remember, no one likes a whiner.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
post #47 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
badexample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Posts: 4,567
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
@ bun1t - im okay with all that and think its great that bikes are coming out now with better components like brakes, suspension, etc... Some of this stuff is way past due and im glad to see it. The electronics i could take or leave at the moment but i dont ride track.

@ Sebastian - id agree we were spoiled in those early to mid 2000's. Bikes were changing a lot during that time just in a slightly different way than now. Yet i feel that was a golden era, but this right now is one too, just different. We were coming from a carb'd era into FI and PCIII's, exhaust and fueling was all the rage, now its gyro's and active suspensions. I feel like manufacturers have moved away from visual changes as well where we used to get a new version every couple years and they might look very different whereas today not nearly as much IMO. Maybe i could get on board more with the new stuff if 1. I could simply afford it and 2. If i rode track. Prices have really been creeping up these last years, understandably so but still lol.

Disclaimer - Apparently my opinion aint worth shit anyway due to the fact i cant ride year round living here in Indy . Leaves me time to throw a wrench though ..Oh and if you cant go more than a day without forgetting how to ride you should probably just hang it up and take up bird watching and eating Vicodin. Dont care who said what. ...Lastly, i get tired of those that fail to put in the time to study anything regarding basic maintenance, much less riding a super in the same circle/loop over and again and yet seem to not have a problem coming off as a better rider (elitist) for doing so. No disrespect meant. I love discussions like this.

Rossi would crap his silk Italian panties if he had to ride/commute in downtown Indy traffic. Who knows if the dude even changes his own chain/sprox? Thats a dirty job ya know?
Cap, you're no qualified to judge the bike because you just an amateur that can't ride all year around! At least that give us time to read the owner manual and do basic maintenance like oil changes!!! Scout!
Sebastian1000 and Capncalyx like this.


“Ride like you are invisible.”
badexample is online now  
post #48 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
badexample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Posts: 4,567
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
But you forgot to complain about the price tag, the looks, and whatever else have you been whining about.
Always remember, no one likes a whiner.
Obi, the bike got the right price tag! You get a lot for your money..

You don't like the thread just don't read it. I love Kawasaki as much as the other guys on here but totally done with this Gen. Do you want me to talk about the temperature and weather in Comox Valley B.C. right now? You look like a fun guy to hang out with!


obijack likes this.


“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 12-20-2017 at 12:55 PM.
badexample is online now  
post #49 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 01:00 PM
GP Rider
 
Capncalyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,969
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
    


Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.
Capncalyx is offline  
post #50 of 203 Old 12-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Street Rider
 
Sneekey10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 79
Posting Frequency
 
Send a message via AIM to Sneekey10R Send a message via MSN to Sneekey10R Send a message via Yahoo to Sneekey10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
Disclaimer - Apparently my opinion aint worth shit anyway due to the fact i cant ride year round living here in Indy . Leaves me time to throw a wrench though ..Oh and if you cant go more than a day without forgetting how to ride you should probably just hang it up and take up bird watching and eating Vicodin. Dont care who said what. ...Lastly, i get tired of those that fail to put in the time to study anything regarding basic maintenance, much less riding a super in the same circle/loop over and again and yet seem to not have a problem coming off as a better rider (elitist) for doing so. No disrespect meant. I love discussions like this.

Rossi would crap his silk Italian panties if he had to ride/commute in downtown Indy traffic. Who knows if the dude even changes his own chain/sprox? Thats a dirty job ya know?
This part had me laughing pretty hard. I'm in the same boat as you. Winter is my wrenching/mod time.
Sebastian1000 likes this.
Sneekey10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome