I am fed up with Kawasaki - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 05:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I disagree to be honest. It's an exciting time for bikes in my opinion. Bikes are putting out a lot of power, it's not unheard of to get 200whp with a few mods. They're starting to come from the factory with Brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension, launch control, quickshifters and superchargers. The "Unicorn Gen 1" was a great bike for it's time but nothing compared to new bikes. It's not as fast, has an unstable chassis with awful brakes. The only redeeming quality was it was light and had a lot of mid range.
Sebastian1000, realpsi and LDH like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 06:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
Are you friggin serious Kawi? It's been the same friggin bike for years. The H2 is a big hunk of shit and the new ZX-10r SE is overpriced and so yesterday. Can we get something exciting? I don't care if the latest Gen is the most winning bike in WSBK. All the bikes are getting choked down by electronics and emissions standards. There is nothing out there that I am excited for. BMW need a new model, the R1 is ugly as fuck, I can't even look at the front without a cringe, a fish on wheels. The Aprilia is overweight, reliability is like gambling, been the same model for years. The Gixxer is way overpriced, comes with a gameboy dashboard and tractor flashers and looks really gixxer alike! Ducati is for the Starbuck queers with Dainese super thigh leathers that put 500 KMs a year on the rear tire, The Fireblade has no character at all, just another pile of shit Honda with no soul, way underpowered with nice welds lol. There is nothing out there that just trigger me, that get me pumped to go buy it. The sportbike scene is bland as fuck.

The 2004-2005 was the almighty unicorn from Kawasaki. It just went downhill from there.
What makes the H2 a, "big hunk of shit"? Why complain about the 10R being, "old" when the same can be said for other manufacturers? This is how it works. Manufacturer A makes a bikes and B,C,and D try to beat it. On into infinity. You said it yourself...ALL the bikes are getting electronics and have to worry about emissions. Shit, I can buy a 10R with an active suspension, Ohlins electronic damper, Brembo calipers, launch control, blipper, etc etc etc. Yes they all weigh more than I like with the exception of the new Pani and the Honda CBR1000RR SP which weigh what my 1st gen does stock for stock but they cost too much.

Kawasaki put out a supercharged bike now in multiple flavors, we see TFT is coming for other models, they now have multiple versions of the 10R which people have been asking for for years. How long ago could we only get the 10R? Now we can get the 10R, the 10R Performance, The KRT Replica, the 10RR, and the 10R-SE. As for reliability and gambling...that is in direct contrast with evolution. If you want new new new gambling is going to have to happen...if a model is constantly evolving it is inevitable. You don't get you cake and eat it too. If a bike is established and not a gamble then it is stale right? But if it is new it is a gamble right? There is no way to win here and I feel that isn't fair.

If you don't want all the new bells and whistles get an older model. I still have an analog animal 1st gen and still love her. But I can appreciate the new tech and look forward to the cyclical nature of bloat and lean. This is how it has always been. But Kawasaki frankly doesn't get the credit it deserves. They have been listening to their customers and have been offering great bikes. The literbike world has segwayed from a hp war to an electronic war and the bar is raising everywhere with a few exceptions (weight, price).

You ask if Kawi is serious? Dude, are you?
badexample likes this.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #23 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
What makes the H2 a, "big hunk of shit"? Why complain about the 10R being, "old" when the same can be said for other manufacturers? This is how it works. Manufacturer A makes a bikes and B,C,and D try to beat it. On into infinity. You said it yourself...ALL the bikes are getting electronics and have to worry about emissions. Shit, I can buy a 10R with an active suspension, Ohlins electronic damper, Brembo calipers, launch control, blipper, etc etc etc. Yes they all weigh more than I like with the exception of the new Pani and the Honda CBR1000RR SP which weigh what my 1st gen does stock for stock but they cost too much.

Kawasaki put out a supercharged bike now in multiple flavors, we see TFT is coming for other models, they now have multiple versions of the 10R which people have been asking for for years. How long ago could we only get the 10R? Now we can get the 10R, the 10R Performance, The KRT Replica, the 10RR, and the 10R-SE. As for reliability and gambling...that is in direct contrast with evolution. If you want new new new gambling is going to have to happen...if a model is constantly evolving it is inevitable. You don't get you cake and eat it too. If a bike is established and not a gamble then it is stale right? But if it is new it is a gamble right? There is no way to win here and I feel that isn't fair.

If you don't want all the new bells and whistles get an older model. I still have an analog animal 1st gen and still love her. But I can appreciate the new tech and look forward to the cyclical nature of bloat and lean. This is how it has always been. But Kawasaki frankly doesn't get the credit it deserves. They have been listening to their customers and have been offering great bikes. The literbike world has segwayed from a hp war to an electronic war and the bar is raising everywhere with a few exceptions (weight, price).

You ask if Kawi is serious? Dude, are you?
The H2 is an overweight POS. The BMW S1000r outclass the thing bonestock. I would like to see the Beemer with a supercharger. I am not an electronics hater whatsoever. The latest Kawi is just a tweaked Gen IV. It is fat ( that thing is a couch) and just redundant. Kawi, stop adding shit on it and please come up with something new and exciting to ride? I don't care about WSBK results. A good looking bike with an intoxicating powerband? Nowadays bikes, "fast but easy to ride". I have no emotional erections to any of the new Sportbikes on the market. They have no flavors. Plain Vanilla looking, neutered. They slowly turning into Gold wings, heated grips and all ahahahahahah

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 12-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.

post #24 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 07:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The H2 is an overweight POS. The BMW S1000r outclass the thing bonestock. I would like to see the Beemer with a supercharger. I am not an electronics hater whatsoever. The latest Kawi is just a tweaked Gen IV. It is fat ( that thing is a couch) and just redundant. Kawi, stop adding shit on it and please come up with something new and exciting to ride? I don't care about WSBK results. A good looking bike with an intoxicating powerband? Nowadays bikes, "fast but easy to ride". I have no emotional erections to any of the new Sportbikes on the market. They have no flavors. Plain Vanilla looking, neutered. They slowly turning into Gold wings, heated grips and all ahahahahahah
Yeah I would like to see the bimmer with a supercharger stock too...but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT bimmer has the balls to do that. And even if they did it would not be a first. Not like Kawasaki. The bimmer looked to the gixxer and made their own german gixxer to claim supremacy in performance and Kawasaki whipped their dick out on the table and changed the game son. Define overweight? The H2 is a new class of bike. It was never made to be a direct competitor to the literbikes...that's what the 10R is for. Look at it's wheelbase. Look at that supercharger. It is closer to the now gone 12R in dimensions. How much does the H2R weigh? 480 wet compared to 430-460 wet of the literbikes? I don't know maybe it's just me but I have ridden bikes over 800 pounds so 480-530 doesn't scare me in the slightest. Sure...I want them all to weigh less but when you look at the hp/wt ratio of a modded H2 the bike is a fucking animal and I can show many vids proving it. As for it being a POS...how? What exactly makes it a piece of shit?

As for the updates of the literbikes class...the whole class has slowed down from a complete new gen every couple years like in the past. I think we had been a bit spoiled in that aspect but regardless the bikes are still evolving. Kawasaki has a winning bike in the 4th/5th gen. As for you not caring about WSBK, the 10R was built for a specific class and in that class it is winning. So whether you care or not it is still a good measuring stick to ascertain the qualities of the bike within that class. This is an example of subjective and objective right? And I am sorry your dick doesn't get hard...there are pills for that ya know.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #25 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 07:37 PM
gaz
Squid

Posting Frequency

damn, i was working on bikes when electronics meant setting the points. havent progressed much.
post #26 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Bad...what would the perfect literbike be to you? Serious question.
jamesbuckland102 likes this.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #27 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Yeah I would like to see the bimmer with a supercharger stock too...but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT bimmer has the balls to do that. And even if they did it would not be a first. Not like Kawasaki. The bimmer looked to the gixxer and made their own german gixxer to claim supremacy in performance and Kawasaki whipped their dick out on the table and changed the game son. Define overweight? The H2 is a new class of bike. It was never made to be a direct competitor to the literbikes...that's what the 10R is for. Look at it's wheelbase. Look at that supercharger. It is closer to the now gone 12R in dimensions. How much does the H2R weigh? 480 wet compared to 430-460 wet of the literbikes? I don't know maybe it's just me but I have ridden bikes over 800 pounds so 480-530 doesn't scare me in the slightest. Sure...I want them all to weigh less but when you look at the hp/wt ratio of a modded H2 the bike is a fucking animal and I can show many vids proving it. As for it being a POS...how? What exactly makes it a piece of shit?

As for the updates of the literbikes class...the whole class has slowed down from a complete new gen every couple years like in the past. I think we had been a bit spoiled in that aspect but regardless the bikes are still evolving. Kawasaki has a winning bike in the 4th/5th gen. As for you not caring about WSBK, the 10R was built for a specific class and in that class it is winning. So whether you care or not it is still a good measuring stick to ascertain the qualities of the bike within that class. This is an example of subjective and objective right? And I am sorry your dick doesn't get hard...there are pills for that ya know.
You just said it, the H2 is an oddball. I have no interest whatsoever in it. Period. Just like a fat ugly chick at the bar, I just look elsewhere. There is a Gen 5 16 left over at my nearest stealership. I could probably get it for dirt cheap but meh.. I don't care for it. The Gen 5 aged well but time for something else Kawi? No bikes this year gives me proper stimuli. NONE.

post #28 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
You just said it, the H2 is an oddball. I have no interest whatsoever in it. Period. Just like a fat ugly chick at the bar, I just look elsewhere. There is a Gen 5 16 left over at my nearest stealership. I could probably get it for dirt cheap but meh.. I don't care for it. The Gen 5 aged well but time for something else Kawi? No bikes this year gives me proper stimuli. NONE.

2017 Superbike Track Shootout | 4K - YouTube
You say oddball. I say a different class. Because that is what it is. But what makes it a, "piece of shit"? Just the size/weight difference? Have you ever ridden one? What is the heaviest bike you have ridden?

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #29 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
No bikes this year gives me proper stimuli. NONE.
It's ok, don't rush. One day the right bike will find you.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #30 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
You say oddball. I say a different class. Because that is what it is. But what makes it a, "piece of shit"? Just the size/weight difference? Have you ever ridden one? What is the heaviest bike you have ridden?
Seb, I don't even look at it as an option just like the Gold Wings, I don't care for it. That bike was made for Batman, I am not friggin Batman.

Seb, it is easy. I just want a bike that make you feel special. You know that type of motorcycle that makes you lol all the times in your helmet.

I do think that my next purchase would be a S1000RR.

Last edited by badexample; 12-19-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.