I am fed up with Kawasaki - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I agree with a lot of this...I had a Gen 1 and put 70,000 miles on her in 4 years. That bike fit me perfectly. Not the power of today's bikes and the handling needed much improvement....On the other hand, my generation 4 I've had since 2011 and plan to keep it as there's nothing out there to improve on it. Yes, I spend $10,000+ on mods, but the suspension is smooth, the engine smooth and another 15 to 25 HP won't improve my performance on the street or track. And besides it looks like a 2017/2018 bike...LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dainese_Crush X-mas '12.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	408641  
Attached Images

badexample and Carlos76 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm still riding my good old Gen1...

She is still going strong....

post #13 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
I can feel your pain. For better term "exciting" the bike has to "feel special". If not, then I will hate it after few months. Yes, Italians feel special, but are expensive gamble.
Japanese lack attention to fine detail, just compare looks of swingarm of S1000RR with ZX10R, one is beautiful and other is ugly in my opinion.
How 95% people buy cars: outside look.
If I had to buy street sportbike today then it would be 2015 S1000RR or 2013 HP4, I'm not crazy about looks, but it feels somewhat "special" (unlike japanse bikes).
Comparing to other manufacturers BMW made substantional changes for S1000RR every 2-3 years and 2015 is certanly up to date and is amazing on both street and track.
For me: Busa yesterday, BMW today, Gen6 tomorrow (hopefully).
P.S. For track my practical choice is Gen5 if my Gen4 blows up next season.
I went to my nearest Ducati dealership to get some pricing on the new Panigale V4. The base model is $24000 CND, the S-Model is $26000 and the Tricolor is just too expensive. At that price, is a Ducati Man purse included? The Italians like to kiss each others on the cheeks isn't? Everybody that I rode with in the past had issues with their Italians. All of them. Buddy of mine bought a brand new 16 Aprilia RF. I like it, but how long before it goes boom? That thing is almost 500lbs from such a tiny bike. I not a fan of the fake carbon fiber on it/plastic tank and it clash! There is probably 10lbs of stickers embedded in the paint. But you got a lot for the price, forged wheels, suspended by Ohlins all around. Just add an exhaust/Racing ECU. I do think that the BMW S1000rr is my only option. Tweak the suspension, ECU reflash and tuning, exhaust, rearsets .It is the only bike left on the market untouched from castration. I wanna like the R1 but I can't! It is too weird. I know it is a good bike, I can't go past the look. It is awful in person. The new R6 is nice, the front headlights don't stick out as much. The new Kawis, I don't even have a small erection for them just like the new Suzukis. So yesterday, so uninspired.

“Ride like you are invisible.”

post #14 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:03 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoboy View Post
I'm still riding my good old Gen1...

She is still going strong....
I liked my gen 1 better than my gen 3.
motoboy likes this.

post #15 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
I liked my gen 1 better than my gen 3.
i Just can't seemed to bring myself to get a newer bike, she is just so much fun....

post #16 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
i Just can't seemed to bring myself to get a newer bike, she is just so much fun....
I feel that way about my Gen 2. Figure I'll have it forever, or until I bin it.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
post #17 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
Shit, im just gonna chime in to rep some GenII as well! I love the looks too, it doesnt look like a 600 and after Cody flashed it, the dyno sheet (tuned by Ryan at Schnitz) shows the power starts ramping at 5.5K and it pulls hard til the light comes on - although i will admit it has opened up heads + valve job, a kawi race cam, full Brocks and a slight comp bump + normal mods like BMC street, emissions crap gone, plus i've lightened it as much as i can at the moment and i only weigh 140 lol. Its a handful for me quite honestly lol.

I totally get what you're saying though badexample. For me, i actually want less electronics, which should bring the weight back down and i just want a bike thats gnarly. Honestly if i had the coin to buy something new within the last few years or so it would probably have been a S1000R and i really like what i read about the crossplank although im not sure how it translates to the real world - would love to test one. Im just thankful there are still so many cool older bikes out there that i also know id be able to work on without buying too much computer related stuff for hundo's of bucks. Believe me though if i could afford some Woolich gear, a data logger and a closed system id do it but its just not gonna happen at the moment lol.
I do like electronics, but how much can you add? Look at WSBK racing right now. It is so bad!! It is unwatchable. The riders are full throttle in corners, electronics take care of you. Look at BSB racing! Amazing racing!!!!!

BSB Racing rules:

Allowed
Engine braking (open loop, per gear).
Ignition and fuel mapping with ambient compensation and individual cylinder trims.
Full throttle gear shift cut.
Banned
Traction control.
Launch control.
Throttle blipping on down shifts.
Closed loop fuelling.
Anti-wheelie.
Anti-jerk.

“Ride like you are invisible.”
post #18 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Try a Gen 4 - you'll never go back

post #19 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Preaching to the choir here Badex! Both on electronics and racing, although i can do without the elect's on the street.
Hell id like to see less computer interference and more rider input to tame a bike in a race. Right now they can hang any 110lb monkey off the side like Marquez and i feel like the bike will pretty much race itself around the course. Damn near anyway. Similar stuff with Lulu in F1.
If i did want electronics or just had to have a bike that just so happens to have them, id have to have a option to completely shut off whatever i want - i can see how that stuff may be needed when track riding - but all i want for the street is a slipper clutch. And yea i forgot to mention how hideous the new R1 is!!!

I think you hit the nail when you said Uninspiring. I think electronics/gadgetry wise the last two Kawi gens have looked great on paper - i have not been able to ride them but i want more of a difference in looks too and there was very little change from 4 - 5 and i thought that was a weak move although i do think GenV looks a little better. Yet i also feel like Gen's 4&5 might not even be that different in the engine dept.
Dont even get me started on that gay ass looking gixxer. Would rather ride the Abe Sapien R1 (in the dark of course). Anyone else hate when a manufacturer makes a cool bike on paper and people say it rides so well but you think it looks like ass?? Hate that lol.

Edit - Havent been able to watch Moto, AMA or BSA, none of it the last few years, but i still get it.

Also, we took my buddies GenI to Schnitz during the same trip and he only pulled 162 on the dyno i believe - but there is a reason so many people still rave about that bike to this day.
badexample likes this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Last edited by Capncalyx; 12-19-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: lol @ Schitz!
post #20 of 102 Old 12-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
Try a Gen 4 - you'll never go back
Yeah I hear you I have been paying the local dealer a visit lately, and I'm getting very tempted...

They have the BMW, ZX, and the RSV...

They all look very nice, getting very close to taking them for a ride....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.