I am fed up with Kawasaki - Page 11 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 173 Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
Saying Kawasaki makes the best bikes across the board is like saying Makita makes the power tools across the board. I do not understand brand loyalty.
Can't say that I disagree with you there with Kawi's, but I personally haven't had a single major issue with any of the Kawasaki's I've owned. I guess in my case I saw the '84 900 Ninja, fell in love with the look, and had to have one. After that it was extremely reliable and loved riding it. Then went to the '89 ZX7, '96 ZX7, and then the '05 ZX10R. (To this day though I regret selling my '84...) But loyalty can be a weird thing, ask any Ducati owner. I've owned those too and will say I loved owning them as well, even though they are the most unreliable vehicles I have ever had the pleasure of riding. The saying goes that Ducati's will make a mechanic out of every rider is basically true, at least to my experiences with my own and others that I rode with. But I loved them just the same. Maybe it was the sounds it made when it ran, the look it had. It had tons of quirks but I still loved it.

But if I absolutely, positively had to have a bike that runs period I would hands down ride my Kawasaki's.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 173 Old 01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I love Kawasaki's too. I have 3 of them but I was just saying. I love Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki's as well. They all make great bikes. I have a Yamaha FJR1300 that is really awesome. Heated grips are the Shit!!!!
post #103 of 173 Old 01-21-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I just got back from the Vancouver Motorcycle show. The BMW HP4 Race is just a piece of art. The new generation of the Gixxer is butt-ugly, I mean really ugly. A friggin banana on wheels. The H2s are just whatever, exhibition bikes.The R1, just lol. common!The Panigale base and S model is just bland and overpriced. Don't get me wrong, it is nice but meh. The ZX-10r Ninja RR is really good looking, lot of good bits for the money but same old same old? The BMW S1000RR aged a lot, no thanks. It seems that the RSV4 RR or RF is the best bang for your bucks. period.

The BMW HP4 race is just unreal looking in person.. I spent an hour just staring at it! What a bike!

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 01-21-2018 at 08:41 PM.

post #104 of 173 Old 01-21-2018, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The new Ducati is bland as hell.

“Ride like you are invisible.”
post #105 of 173 Old 02-19-2018, 09:55 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I haven't read all responses, but could it be we're seeing a reaction to falling revenues? What I mean, is I've been under the impression motorcycle sales have been on the decline for years & millennials, as a whole, simply don't like them... especially sport bikes. My observations, via nephews, nieces, my own children & neighborhood kids, is they rarely comment when one of my awesome, testosterone injected bikes is parked in the drive... & that's a huge change from say 5, 10, 15 years ago.

Last Spring I repurchased a Gen1, mainly because a SoCal located machinist told me sport bikes are on their way out & especially 1000cc models. I added that info with conversation I had with my neighbor who's an MSF riding instructor & who too confirmed manufacturers are trying to figure out how win over millennials. His example was lower cc, automatic transmission bikes.

So, my totally unofficial stance is (based on years in IT) is you don't innovate or R&D much in areas with weak future projections.

All said I'm still impressed with just about everything I see on the modern sport bike (all are too fast for the road & any track I have within a few hours of my house).
Mach.81 likes this.

Dress for the slide & not the ride
post #106 of 173 Old 02-24-2018, 05:45 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Sound like your mad at the bike world! Lol it's either keep up with the technology or get left behind, I personally have both new and old, Gen 2 and a Gen 4 and there two completely different bikes in the sense Gen 2 has no technology its just raw power and when I'm feeling tech savvy and wanna go stupid fast I jump onto the Gen 4 but both bikes are amazing to me to have.
post #107 of 173 Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusnuts View Post
I haven't read all responses, but could it be we're seeing a reaction to falling revenues? What I mean, is I've been under the impression motorcycle sales have been on the decline for years & millennials, as a whole, simply don't like them... especially sport bikes. My observations, via nephews, nieces, my own children & neighborhood kids, is they rarely
comment when one of my awesome, testosterone injected bikes is parked in the drive... & that's a huge change from say 5, 10, 15 years ago.

Last Spring I repurchased a Gen1, mainly because a SoCal located machinist told me sport bikes are on their way out & especially 1000cc models. I added that info with conversation I had with my neighbor who's an MSF riding instructor & who too confirmed manufacturers are trying to figure out how win over millennials. His example was lower cc, automatic transmission bikes.

So, my totally unofficial stance is (based on years in IT) is you don't innovate or R&D much in areas with weak future projections.

All said I'm still impressed with just about everything I see on the modern sport bike (all are too fast for the road & any track I have within a few hours of my house).
This new generation is scary but give them a video console and a game they will play all day! Smh.. also it can be that 1000cc bikes cost a lot now in days, your talking about in the high teens for a 1000cc super sport.
post #108 of 173 Old 02-27-2018, 04:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just to add in a few things here.. Real men build their own when there's nothing out there that trips their trigger. If you don't like the new shit buy an older model and build it into exactly what you want unless of course you have no skills and own no tools. And of course you can't finance race parts into your monthly payment. It takes real liquid money to swim in that pond. In that case keep crying about it

Last edited by Gunner; 02-28-2018 at 12:35 PM.
post #109 of 173 Old 02-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Agree with the above....tools are a fact of life unless you want to be dependent on others for everything. You start young buying tools and when you get to my age, you own every tool under the Sun. In addition, if you are worthy, you know how to use them. Some can become an extension of your arm if you put in the time. Ex construction NUT here.
post #110 of 173 Old 02-28-2018, 07:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Just to add in a few things here.. Real men build their own when there's nothing out there that trips their trigger. If you don't like the new shit buy an older model and build it into exactly what you want unless of course you have no skills and own no tools. And of course you can't finance race parts into your monthly payment. It takes real liquid money to swim in that pond. In that case keep crying about it
Hello Gunner...you still have that 12R? You should throw up some pics

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.