Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How many Ninja 250 Riders/Racers Here?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  NinjaLife 
#1 ·
After deciding to get a 250 and make a trackbike out of it
I am just looking for advise on the best parts and mods for my money.

2007 Ninja 250 This was parts already on it
Slip on Two Brothers GP can
Racetech kit in the front.
K&N Airfilter

What other rear shock? would be suitable I am 160lbs
Jetkit?

I like watching the 250s school the bigger bikes in the corners
I would like a little more out of the little engine

#2 ·
still have my 250, not sure about the suspension mods, but i have woodcraft clipons on mine and they are a huge upgrade from the stock handle bars

#4 ·
The 250s are a blast... I contemplate each year picking one up.

This year I am either picking up a Ninja 300 (yay fuel injection) or old 05-06 636 for track duty. Also want the wife to get into riding so it'd serve her well on the weekends.

We run a separate Ninjette class here in our local org and these bikes get turned over on the daily. Right now it's slim pickins with our season about to start but I went through and looked to see what the ones listed for sale are running for rear shocks.

1 - Stock. (Revalved, resprung?)
2 - Elka (no model number given or other details)
3 - Ohlins KA840 shock

You could also paruse WERAClassifieds.com and see what the for sale 250Rs are running there.

#10 ·
This is what my ol lady's 12' 250r SE looked like after 62 miles. Bought the bike for $4200 and ended up selling it like this for $1500. I shoulda kept it.

Attachments

#5 ·
Ya know, starting to ride the track on a 250 dont sound half bad, we have one sitting in our shed with a blown motor(too much oil was put in it and driven around). I could probably get a motor for about $500. I may think about doing it..

#6 ·
Really want a ninja 250 or 300 for if I crash it I wouldn't give a crap.
Have other priorities right now though than getting a throw away bike or I would:/
Lol

#12 ·
No she quit, it scared her and I didn't pressure her to get back on it. She's too bull headed to ride. She was going into a shallow left handed turn and and car in the opposite direction was partially in her lane. She got hard on the front brake, stood the bike up and went head on into a guard rail. She went over the bars and smacked her head off the guardrail and went over a 30ft cliff. Luckily she was unconscious after she hit the guardrail and was limber when she hit the ground. She was wearing a helmet with long pants and long sleeves, ended up staying over night in the hospital with a fractured rib and punctured lung. She was back on duty in 2 days (she's a cop). I still get a laugh when I think about the paramedics and how 2 of them jumped over the guardrail and slid down the hill (scissors in hand) like they were racing to cut her clothes off. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.