LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 Old 05-26-2018, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
Lun471k said that my results were "inline" with what guys are getting from a tune on their gen 5s. I was surprised and didn't really believe it that's why I put the question mark on my question.
Of course, thanks for clearing that up <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/ZX-10R_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_angel.png" border="0" alt="" title="Angel" >:-)</a>. Now let me explain the reason I quoted you instead of him. You explicitly stated the 50hp, whereas he did not, and someone would have to go back and look at the dyno chart to see the peak BHP, and then already know what the stock GEN 5 BHP was and then do the math.

I wish these GEN5's were that tunable.
I posted my baseline run (with a new filter) and my final power as well as the graph with my best power I made with an overlay of my 2012 zx10r with full bolt one. I brought the bike in making 164hp at the wheel and left with the bike making 213hp to the wheel. That's a 49hp increase from just a tune. If someone says that another bikes results is "inline" with that I'd expect it to be in the ball park of 50 to make that claim. I asked the question giving him the benefit of doubt since I haven't been paying attention to the tuning of the 5th gens. Had he or someone else replied saying that people are getting a 50ish hp gain on the 5th gens i would have asked to see some dyno charts.

With all the restrictions bikes are coming out with 30+hp gains are possible from flashing and tuning the ecu.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-26-2018, 05:56 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I posted my baseline run (with a new filter) and my final power as well as the graph with my best power I made with an overlay of my 2012 zx10r with full bolt one. I brought the bike in making 164hp at the wheel and left with the bike making 213hp to the wheel. That's a 49hp increase from just a tune. If someone says that another bikes results is "inline" with that I'd expect it to be in the ball park of 50 to make that claim. I asked the question giving him the benefit of doubt since I haven't been paying attention to the tuning of the 5th gens. Had he or someone else replied saying that people are getting a 50ish hp gain on the 5th gens i would have asked to see some dyno charts.

With all the restrictions bikes are coming out with 30+hp gains are possible from flashing and tuning the ecu.
You made how much? Uhm.. not on any dyno around me. 5th gens dont even come near that

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #13 of 16 Old 05-28-2018, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Quote:

You made how much? Uhm.. not on any dyno around me. 5th gens dont even come near that
Have you read the thread? I made a gain of 49 wheel horse power on my bike which is consistent with what others are getting with an H2 SX SE with a flash. I don't care if you believe it or not or what you think my bike would make on dynos near you. But out of curiosity where are you at? A 49 horse power gain is a lot.

Check the chart I posted. My bike has 200 crank horsepower from the factory. Factor in a 15% power loss along the drivetrain (200x.15=30 200(crankhp)-30(drivetrain loss)=approximately 170 wheel horsepower. Factor in the higher elevation and heat and 164whp baseline is pretty spot on. Ending the day with 213 wheel hp (made 216 whp but wanted a safer tune). 213-164=49hp gain.

post #14 of 16 Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Have you read the thread? I made a gain of 49 wheel horse power on my bike which is consistent with what others are getting with an H2 SX SE with a flash. I don't care if you believe it or not or what you think my bike would make on dynos near you. But out of curiosity where are you at? A 49 horse power gain is a lot.

Check the chart I posted. My bike has 200 crank horsepower from the factory. Factor in a 15% power loss along the drivetrain (200x.15=30 200(crankhp)-30(drivetrain loss)=approximately 170 wheel horsepower. Factor in the higher elevation and heat and 164whp baseline is pretty spot on. Ending the day with 213 wheel hp (made 216 whp but wanted a safer tune). 213-164=49hp gain.
Michigan

I have both a gen 4 and gen 5 and they dont make over 210rwhp

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #15 of 16 Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Vcyclenut was able to get 218 out of these things.
Victors, you could probably get close to 210, at least 205 on E85 or MR12 with an intricate tune.
Nicks Performance Tuning in Florida, they're on IG too FYI, has some good work to show and a bit of info.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 06-11-2018 at 09:16 AM.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-18-2018, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Quote:

Michigan

I have both a gen 4 and gen 5 and they dont make over 210rwhp
So since your ZX-10R can't make over 210 horsepower an H2 SX SE wouldn't be able to is what your saying? If you were a lot closer I'd be interested in going to a dyno near you and showing you that you are wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in