Gen 4: 2011-2015 Getting rid of my 10 for a SX SE - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-12-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 789
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
I just dropped my 2012 ZX-10R and my 2008 concours 14 off at the dealer as my deposit on a new SX SE. The dealer said they should start shipping them out next month. The freaking bags that in my opinion should be standard cost $1,220. once you buy all the crap needed for them. Hopefully someone like Brock takes one in and develops some badass go fast parts.
Brock likes this.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
cooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 08:28 AM
GP Star
 
SpazOnaZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.V. Arizona
Posts: 2,688
Posting Frequency
        
Haha! Supercharger fun. I imagine that quite a bit of the go fast research from the H@ will carry over to the SX.... should be fun!

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
SpazOnaZX is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 568
Posting Frequency
 
Smart move sir. Especially if you donít track them zx.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 PM
GP Star
 
Sebastian1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,817
Posting Frequency
         
Very cool. IIRC the compression is like 11.2:1 instead of the much lower H2 or even lower yet H2R. Should be interesting to see comparing and contrasting. The bags do look good but they have such a low weight limit. Nevertheless, nice bike. If you don't mind...what are they hitting you for price-wise?


1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
Sebastian1000 is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 PM
GP Rider
 
mpp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,496
Posting Frequency
 
I bet that power wise it would be similar, specially both flashed....
mpp12 is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 06:27 PM
The Pace
 
scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: watsonville, ca
Posts: 6,780
Posting Frequency
 
you guys, he bought a 530 pounder with 1200 dollar BAGS...a commute bike? Tires? not there yet as we will need a soft tire that will take that weight for at least 3000 miles of twists and none exist yet. Assuming that the bike handles, I would shred met rr rear inside 800 miles and doubt the bridgestone rs will fare much better.

Bags? bags on a gem is like cosmetics on an old whore, (Orwell, 1984)

however, do what you want.


edit: his sx whatever is the H2

Last edited by scout; 12-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.
scout is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 07:08 PM
GP Star
 
Sebastian1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,817
Posting Frequency
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
you guys, he bought a 530 pounder with 1200 dollar BAGS...a commute bike? Tires? not there yet as we will need a soft tire that will take that weight for at least 3000 miles of twists and none exist yet. Assuming that the bike handles, I would shred met rr rear inside 800 miles and doubt the bridgestone rs will fare much better.

Bags? bags on a gem is like cosmetics on an old whore, (Orwell, 1984)

however, do what you want.


edit: his sx whatever is the H2
wat


turtle1000, Helitech and Schooley like this.


1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
Sebastian1000 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 PM
WSB Rider
 
Helitech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 580
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post


The exact scene came to mind when I read the post.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helitech is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 12-14-2017, 08:01 AM
GP Rider
 
mpp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,496
Posting Frequency
 
I wonder the drug....
mpp12 is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 12-18-2017, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 789
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
Haha! Supercharger fun. I imagine that quite a bit of the go fast research from the H@ will carry over to the SX.... should be fun!
I hope so. I'm sure I'll be picking your brain for guidance with upgrades. I'll let you know when I'm picking it up you want. You know the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
Smart move sir. Especially if you donít track them zx.
I've still got my supermoto race bike for track fun. Ever sense I got that the ZX10-R only made it to the track a couple times. I'll still take the sx out on the track on occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
Very cool. IIRC the compression is like 11.2:1 instead of the much lower H2 or even lower yet H2R. Should be interesting to see comparing and contrasting. The bags do look good but they have such a low weight limit. Nevertheless, nice bike. If you don't mind...what are they hitting you for price-wise?
$22k and they are going to give me the bags at dealer cost.

They have a left over 2016 H2 sitting there that is very tempting. but I think I'm going to gamble on the H2 SX having enough power to be a blast.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
cooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome