Geometry on the 2016 ZX10r - Page 7 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 Old 03-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
We were thinking the bike has too much trail but I noticed Chuck has even more trail in his numbers. I did order (and received) the shock shims from the race kit thinking I might shim it just a little. There are also inserts to reduce the rake to 23 or 23.5 degrees, and swingarm shims but hopefully I won't feel the need to change any of that. I'm probably not good enough to tell the difference anyway. :)
TDH,
The file attached is Stock VS Stock with Dunlop Slick Tires. (Moto America Spec Tires)
The previous post I made was a standard bike with the Dunlop slicks tires to validate the info posted by Lenny.
I believe these numbers to be extremely accurate. In addition to the basic geometry data these files contain other critical pieces of the puzzle. (Kinda cool to check out)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 ZX10 www.Suspact-na.com.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	360881  
evallarta1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 03-05-2016, 06:25 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks Chuck! Ended up running my bike all day on the Dyno with that cat eliminator. Just getting rid of the cat and sticking your pipe on there gained about 15HP all by itself without changing anything in the ECU. We ended up just tweaking the stock map and ended up with 194.4HP (dynojet numbers) on pump gas. I hope I'll be able to hang onto it. :)

post #63 of 65 Old 05-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Back from the dead!

So, whats the major consensus? Whats the popular fix for you guys? Swap the steering collars with Kit parts? Add shims to the rear shock? Flip the swingarm pivot (on 2016 bikes)?

I'd like to see whats happened in the last 2 years...

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director

post #64 of 65 Old 05-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmarine View Post
Back from the dead!

So, whats the major consensus? Whats the popular fix for you guys? Swap the steering collars with Kit parts? Add shims to the rear shock? Flip the swingarm pivot (on 2016 bikes)?

I'd like to see whats happened in the last 2 years...

On a Superstock spec bike where u canít change the steering collars with kit parts Iíve found the best setup to be 312-313mm shock length, flush to 4mm showing on the forks depending on track. Wheelbase need to be kept near 600mm, if u go too much shorter itíll shake its head everywhere and too long it wonít finish a turn. I like to run the front rebound closed off more then some guys to keep the front lower from midcorner on and that has fixed the earlier issues I had with the stock forks and the bike not turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #65 of 65 Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks bossman

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in