Gen4 Motul 7100-300v - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Gen4 Motul 7100-300v

Ok there is heaps of oil threads but all I want is honest and feedback on a members reasons why to go either way with Motul full syn oil!I don't want any other brand names or oils!ok money isn't the option and frequently changing the oil isn't a drama either!ok here's the deal!300v is a race oil that needs to be changed more often but it is suppose to be of higher spec than 7100!
My only concern is 300v hasn't the cleaning(detergents)ability that 7100 has!Race engines are obviously torn down frequently so they run 300v!
My motor will not be torn down or tbh raced!
My only concern in this post is what's best for my motor!go with 7100 and it's detergents or just 300v and it's slicker extra esters!
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 09:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Even motul says use 7100 on the street.

300 is okay but plan on changing the oil a lot more frequently... it's also meant for tight high compression engines.. it's fairly thin as far as street oils go
peterd10r and Doppler like this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #3 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks Victors I had seen that somewhere!I also read that 7100 is much more user friendly towards your cat converter(that's no concern because it's gone)and more importantly the O2 sensor in my exhaust!need that for live updates
Victors likes this.

post #4 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 03:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Bottom line is if your not racing the motorcycle/ track only and thus never reaping the benefits of a race oil, why are you even considering it? For the .2 hp increase at redline lol? Or because it is the “best”?

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #5 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
What's best for my engine Obi!I think I mentioned that in my first post!H.P was never mentioned but I did say it will never be raced!Im only asking a simple question in regards to 2 products and I hope maybe a member with experience or knowledge can give me the answer!Victors advised 7100 and I'm guessing your pointing in that direction also!
It's probably an oil with detergents or a oil without that's the point
I forgot to mention both oils are 10w40

Last edited by peterd10r; 10-16-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Added a comment
post #6 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I also forgot to mention!if you want to make a comment I'm not after smartass or sarcastic replys!if you think it's a waste of time move onto the next thread it's all good!if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help
post #7 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 03:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just change frequently..... 3K and change...

I also use arch oil aditive...
post #8 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My questions were rhetorical to emphasize my point. Which is, in my humble opinion, you will not achieve anything “better” for your motor by using a race oil. The only gain you will have is slight power bump. Most race oils are designed to be thinner and allow less power loss. But that is microscopic power loss. I have used both, never opened up an engine so can’t say I noticed any difference. My gen5 is track only. I change the oil every three track days and I use 7100 or Maxima pro plus. The only difference I ever notice from using racing oils (300v, yamhalube race, Maxima extra 4, amsoil dominator, etc.) was the cost difference. Just get an oil that is ester based and you will be good to go in terms of protection and performance.
peterd10r likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #9 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I somehow predict this thread is not going to end well.
But anyway. I run mostly 300v 10w40 (but also 7100 sometimes). I believe it has better shear stability than 7100 from some used oil analysis and test I have read. It has quite a bit of acid neutralizers as well. So the shorter change interval you always hear about may not be correct. Or it may be old info. Oils do develop but internet myths tend to stay the same. It is also a difference in shear stability between weights. I believe the 300v 5w40 did not do so good in this regard. (might be because of the viscosity changing additives) But as I don`t have the sources now this is just my opinion. I`ll post them if I can find them. Probably lots of other good oils out there. I just run what I have seen tested. I change at around 3000 miles for normal riding.
peterd10r likes this.

I`m just in for the ride
post #10 of 41 Old 10-16-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thank you Obi and Green!these are answers that I Im after with actual reasons behind your personal experience and views!the reason I ask a question is I'm hoping someone will educate me and help settle choices that I need opinions on!thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.