Gen4 Motul 7100-300v - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 01:39 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I use 7100 and change oil and filter at 5000km intervals. By the time I change the gearbox still shifts quite smoothly. My mate has an RC8R that I do most of the servicing on and he uses 300v. By the time we do his oil you really can feel the difference in the shifts with the new oil. I know it's not a direct comparison, apples and oranges, but I feel the 7100 has better longevity for street applications. Nothing scientific but that's my feeling.
peterd10r likes this.

-Woolich/Race Tools/Log Box V3|-Graves Titanium/Carbon cat eliminator|-Ohlins Mechatronic|+2 rear|Stone chips & bugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
No your feedback is appreciated Doppler!with most comments answered so far both are great oils but there is most certainly 2 obvious oils aimed at specific jobs to do and it doesn't take a genius to work out!but if there was feedback telling me "my bike does feel better shifting with 300v than 7100 and seems a tad quieter" because of using Motuls top tier synthetic engine oil that's my obvious choice!but so far all feedback has indicated that 7100 looks to be the answer for me,I don't no if any of you guys are like me but when I'm in 2 minds about the product to get it drives me nuts making my mind up!the more you search the more confused you become!just the members views and feedback helps big time!thanks guys
GreenOne likes this.
post #13 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Someone could play with my head here Ive just left myself wide open...........

post #14 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 06:31 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

With all the oils on the market any motorcycle full synthetic oil does the job. To say it shifts smoother, does this does that is all placebo effect. If that's what you need to tell yourself to spend extra on a certain brand name. In retrospect, if you change it in regular intervals your helping your motorcycle last a lot longer. I don't understand how people promote any oil better then others. Has anyone had an engine fail because of a certain oil? No... So oil choice is a moot point.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
post #15 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 06:31 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Ok there is heaps of oil threads but all I want is honest and feedback on a members reasons why to go either way with Motul full syn oil!I don't want any other brand names or oils!ok money isn't the option and frequently changing the oil isn't a drama either!ok here's the deal!300v is a race oil that needs to be changed more often but it is suppose to be of higher spec than 7100!
My only concern is 300v hasn't the cleaning(detergents)ability that 7100 has!Race engines are obviously torn down frequently so they run 300v!
My motor will not be torn down or tbh raced!
My only concern in this post is what's best for my motor!go with 7100 and it's detergents or just 300v and it's slicker extra esters!
Thanks in advance
With all the oils on the market any motorcycle full synthetic oil does the job. To say it shifts smoother, does this does that is all placebo effect. If that's what you need to tell yourself to spend extra on a certain brand name. In retrospect, if you change it in regular intervals your helping your motorcycle last a lot longer. I don't understand how people promote any oil better then others. Has anyone had an engine fail because of a certain oil? No... So oil choice is a moot point.

post #16 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasexy View Post

First; I do agree with you that many oils does the job. Stick to the recommended API and JASO grading and it`s hard to go wrong. After all, that`s the purpose of the grading. However lab tests show there is a difference in oils performance. Whether this is insignificant or not for anything other than ones consciousness is hard to know unless one is doing regular used oil analysis. Even if a motor don`t fail because of inferior oil quality (and it will not fail if one sticks to the recommended API grading), oil brand A may show higher content of wear metals, acids or less viscosity after a certain period of use compared to brand B. This may or may not translate to longer motor life.
Capncalyx likes this.

I`m just in for the ride
post #17 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
No your feedback is appreciated Doppler!with most comments answered so far both are great oils but there is most certainly 2 obvious oils aimed at specific jobs to do and it doesn't take a genius to work out!but if there was feedback telling me "my bike does feel better shifting with 300v than 7100 and seems a tad quieter" because of using Motuls top tier synthetic engine oil that's my obvious choice!but so far all feedback has indicated that 7100 looks to be the answer for me,I don't no if any of you guys are like me but when I'm in 2 minds about the product to get it drives me nuts making my mind up!the more you search the more confused you become!just the members views and feedback helps big time!thanks guys
No worries, you can`t go wrong with either. They are both good oils. I have used both on the same bike, as mentioned, and in my experience I do not notice any difference in shifting or anything else.

I`m just in for the ride
post #18 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 12:30 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
First; I do agree with you that many oils does the job. Stick to the recommended API and JASO grading and it`s hard to go wrong. After all, that`s the purpose of the grading. However lab tests show there is a difference in oils performance. Whether this is insignificant or not for anything other than ones consciousness is hard to know unless one is doing regular used oil analysis. Even if a motor don`t fail because of inferior oil quality (and it will not fail if one sticks to the recommended API grading), oil brand A may show higher content of wear metals, acids or less viscosity after a certain period of use compared to brand B. This may or may not translate to longer motor life.
Yep, its my opinion that especially for motorcycles, that Shear factor/rating is very important. I swear, on one of my bikes where i run a oil that shears faster than in the other bike i notice it in the shifting around 2-3K miles. Could just be me but sure feels like i can sense it.
GreenOne likes this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Every fortress falls, it is not the end. It aint if you fall, its how you rise that says who you really are.
- QOTSA

"if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help"
- Peter
post #19 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks to all with thoughts and comments!you see many motorcycle model test!gloves,helmets and so on and with these comparisons you can personally make a decision on fit,form and function!oils on the other hand are a different animal all together!nearly all choices are made by what you read then try in your bike!many even on here have said in the past "I changed to B oil last race meet and noticed smoother gear shifts"!I think Green did say there is the oil lab testers that no and have results but getting info on different brands and their opinions is like Rocking Horse Sh.t very rare.
post #20 of 41 Old 10-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Nobody lab test their oil unless there on a sponsored race team... For the average consumer nobody "knows" how long a motor will last. Too many variables to consider. Just saying we're talking about which toliet paper wipes our asses better lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.