Gen 5 zx10r hesitation below 5k rpm - fix? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-16-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen 5 zx10r hesitation below 5k rpm - fix?

I have had my gen 5 zx10r for over a year with Woolich autotune updates uploaded many times, the bike is great above 5k rpm but has awful hesitation below 5k rpm - is there a fix?

Other mods full akro, removed pair, added block offs.

I have been putting up with this crap for the last 5k miles, only 6k on the bike :(

My last Woolich update was approx one year ago, do they have a fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

WOW ... this forum really is USELESS!
post #3 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
LOL... that is the attitude!

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.

post #4 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10r2016 View Post
I have had my gen 5 zx10r for over a year with Woolich autotune updates uploaded many times, the bike is great above 5k rpm but has awful hesitation below 5k rpm - is there a fix?

Other mods full akro, removed pair, added block offs.

I have been putting up with this crap for the last 5k miles, only 6k on the bike :(

My last Woolich update was approx one year ago, do they have a fix for this?
1) Only a child asks for help and gets mad when no one offers. 2) No one owes you any duty to answer any of your questions. 3) Did you stop to think maybe no one else has this problem and thus has nothing to offer on the subject?

With that being said, the bike doesn't make any power down low. Removing the Exup valve makes it worse. I am not familiar with any hesitation. But i mean the bike, under 5k, makes something like 60 whp. Could that be what you are noticing?

Potential solutions: Maybe sell the bike since you have to put up with "crap"? And maybe find a new bike with a forum that will answer your questions in less than 24 hours, so you don't have to put up with more "crap".
SkyDork likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #5 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Firstly, there's no such thing as a "pair" to remove on this bike. That's a Suzuki thing. Kawasaki's have a KLEEN valve that injects fresh air into the exhaust to burn up any unspent fuel emissions in there. Doesn't do anything for power though.

Secondly, obijack posted the most useful post all around! If you're fed up with the power below 5,000rpm, my suggestion would be to take it to the race track where it belongs and won't be below 8,000rpm much at all like it was designed. Or you can regear it to make up for the lower power down low. Or sell it and buy an actual streetbike.

If you actually are experiencing a hesitation, then what did you remap it to with that exhaust on it? Ummm, Woolich "updates" have nothing to do with this. You should be able to use the baseline software to actually map YOUR bike to try and fix a mapping problem with your bike since the updates don't do anything in relation to the maps. But I'm sure you already know all that.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I own a gen4, but reading about it, dont remember where, think that going a bit rich on the IAP maps helps it (the guy had autotune on the bike), and also some members posted in the sharemap some good maps that have this solved.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Post 6 was helpful, thanks.

..other posts not so much.

In doing a search on the internet it seems low end hesitation issues are common on zx10r's, which is why i asked the question!

My H2 has no low end issues, My s1000rr has no low end issues, and on those forums people respond far quicker, and with a lot less sarcasm.

Hey Skydork, you are always heavy on the sarcasm, next time wear a helmet on your short rides, maybe someone was giving you a hint not to be such a smart ass?

.... i'm sure you will all write more smart-ass comments, then stroke each other with "likes"!
post #8 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

its just that we are used to treat each other here differently, and the usuals here REALLY REALLY help each other...

maybe in other forums is different but no here...
post #9 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Hey Skydork, you are always heavy on the sarcasm, next time wear a helmet on your short rides, maybe someone was giving you a hint not to be such a smart ass?

.... i'm sure you will all write more smart-ass comments, then stroke each other with "likes"!
Yeah, thanks for the reminder on that! That's good advice!

BTW, I was a smart-ass before my head injury and I'm glad to know I didn't lose that. But I can tell you I don't "stroke" other guys.

PS - When searching for answers for your needs, it doesn't really help to ridicule and whine about the forum you're searching for feedback on. Just FYI.
Capncalyx likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #10 of 14 Old 07-17-2017, 04:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Post 6 was helpful, thanks.

..other posts not so much.

In doing a search on the internet it seems low end hesitation issues are common on zx10r's, which is why i asked the question!

My H2 has no low end issues, My s1000rr has no low end issues, and on those forums people respond far quicker, and with a lot less sarcasm.

You can hit the bricks buddy and head back to whatever forums have been floating yer boat!!!

And yea Skydork is always like that when new people act like douchebags, even if they arent new!

Edit - what kind of squid/troll/toolbag tries to ride around under 5 grand on this bike???
and yea..... I LIKED YOUR POST SKY!!!! lol

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

View from Hell is blue sky - QOTSA

Last edited by Capncalyx; 07-17-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.