Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Fellow ZX-10R Member needs our help

3K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  bluedevil 
#1 ·
One of our members, kirk_adams was in a car accident and is having trouble making ends meet. Pleae, let's all take a second and send over a few bucks to help keep him going: https://www.gofundme.com/kirkadams

Btw Kirk didn't ask me to do this, I just thought I'd do what I could to help

Thanks

Tony

Reactions: KIRK_ADAMS
#5 ·
Stories like this that make me really appreciate our great NHS.

#7 ·
I'm glad you guys are saying that !!! I payed for a friend who crashed his pick up with both his bikes on back .. he basically lost everything cause insurance gave him run around at first . I posted go fund me he had set up .. And not one person donated from zx6r forum all had something to say and not really into it .. Sorry for the accident hope he heeled up but I feel better knowing that it want just my friend who people didn't want to donate to

#8 ·
Well BD, how do you propose I draw attention? I saw a member who was in need, and I posted a link. I also contributed to his go fund me page as well.

I hope you are never in his position.

Reactions: KIRK_ADAMS
#14 ·
I can and do appreciate your efforts to assist someone in need, and yes i have been that person a couple times in life so it's not about the lack of caring or ability to pay it forward.

KIRK_ADAMS my deepest thoughts of healing for you. Enjoy family this thanksgiving.
BD

#10 · (Edited)
I totally understand where everyone is coming from...it's legit, Im here, Got T-boned by a semi truck last year that ran a red light...Been out of work since 5/14/14 and I dont know what else to do...having no income is really taking its toll...The lawyers for the other side are dragging this out as long as they can, probably in hopes that I take the first settlement offer they give..I hate asking for help, but i have ran out of options. The accident bruised both lungs, several ribs on both sides, my right knee is messed up, left shoulder messed up, my right elbow went through the driverside window and messed up some nerves and still has glass in it, 5 herniated disks in my neck and 3 in my lower back. My first surgery was a cervical fusion in my neck Sept 30th of last year, then I had an ulnar transposition on my left elbow, where they move the ulnar nerve. I just had a L5/S1 fusion in my ower back, and had complications during that surgery...They went through my stomach, " less chance for nerve damage through the front " but they had to move basically my whole digestive system and when they do that, you risk the organs going into "hibernation"...my whole digestive system shut down 2 days after my back surgery and they had to to go back in fix that...they put in a NG tube so they could pump everything that was backing up into my lungs out.....here are some pics

I also have paypal, if anyone is interested ZX12STREETRACER@AOL.COM

Attachments

#12 ·
Thank you for posting this Tony I really appreciate it....Like he said, I never asked him to post it here...On my facebook account I have it posted, even though its a gofundme link, all Im asking from people is to share the link...again, thank you to everyone who has shared the link and donated..I cant put into words how grateful I am

#17 ·
Thats terrible mate. I feel for you. All i can suggest is with todays world of internet and computers you should be able to find some area of which you are good at and can devote some time to so you can create an income. I had a back op and was off work for years but i used to buy and sell things on ebay to pass the time and occasionally make some profit. I actually had alot of fun buying things on the cheap and making a few quid.

#26 ·
Anything you can share? I been watching Kirk for awhile and he has been on this site for a long time with no incidents with members or moderators so not sure what's going on here.

Thanks,

Bloo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.