Easiest way to reduce weight? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:26 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 905
Posting Frequency
     
Ditch the stock tool kit.

Flash ECU and ditch all the piggybacks.
peterd10r likes this.
Boxtradamus is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 AM
GP Star
 
peterd10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,354
Posting Frequency
Images: 7
    
Garage
Listen mate I'm done here!you asking for data that's beyond realistic!its like asking "how long is piece of string"!your looking in the wrong places because there's not enough members modding their bikes at any given time to provide you with data cheers
peterd10r is offline  
post #23 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 AM
Champion Rider
 
Helitech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 476
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Just a quick question Gen-Eric did you say you have been involved in other forums with Skydork on the thread if anyone has heard from him or have I got my wires crossed?no biggy was it a motorcycle forum?


Yeah, where's skydork been? Hope the dudes alright. He was pretty knowledgeable and provided the forum with a few laughs to boot.

To OP. Just like everyone's mentioned, there's too many variations and factors to build this list that you're trying to build. Money, experience, goals, time. That's four factors that vary from person to person.

There's plenty of threads here that'll give you an idea or point you in the the right direction, though not many people do DIY posts, I'm sure you can find enough data to compile a list to your liking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helitech is offline  
 
post #24 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 114
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Just a quick question Gen-Eric did you say you have been involved in other forums with Skydork on the thread if anyone has heard from him or have I got my wires crossed?no biggy was it a motorcycle forum?
No I was never involved with SkyDork. My reference to being a mod on another forum is completely unrelated to motorcycles or anyone here that I know of. I do not wish being a mod on anyone! It is absolutely tough work and as you have seen with SkyDork, can involve too much effort on a personal level.

I think he is taking a break, and I hope he comes back in a more relaxed capacity, and other mods pick up the void where he properly exits.

If I had a choice in my very short time here, I'd want SkyDork 24/7, but it is not healthy.
Gen-Eric is offline  
post #25 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:52 AM
GP Star
 
peterd10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,354
Posting Frequency
Images: 7
    
Garage
I really don't get what your saying about Skydork coming back in a more relaxed capacity!if a Skydork was any more relaxed his last name would be Valium!Ive never witnessed anything but cool
peterd10r is offline  
post #26 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 114
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitech View Post
Yeah, where's skydork been? Hope the dudes alright. He was pretty knowledgeable and provided the forum with a few laughs to boot.

To OP. Just like everyone's mentioned, there's too many variations and factors to build this list that you're trying to build. Money, experience, goals, time. That's four factors that vary from person to person.

There's plenty of threads here that'll give you an idea or point you in the the right direction, though not many people do DIY posts, I'm sure you can find enough data to compile a list to your liking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the whole point of a central location. So people do not have to search and scratch their heads. At this point there is only one person who says it is impossible, but nothing is impossible with data. The problem is the amount of data that could be collected.

Let's say we have a sister website where people post their DIY, log the DIY category, and total effort in minutes (There are more metrics/data collection involved but I wont get into it). It would still take i'm guessing 6 months at a full embrace of the site to collect enough data to produce a reasonable result, and over 12 months at a 50% embrace.

Now lets expand it to all bikes, and accessible to anyone. I'm still guessing 6 to 12 months of enough data for reasonable results.
Gen-Eric is offline  
post #27 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 04:02 AM
Champion Rider
 
Helitech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 476
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-Eric View Post
That's the whole point of a central location. So people do not have to search and scratch their heads. At this point there is only one person who says it is impossible, but nothing is impossible with data. The problem is the amount of data that could be collected.



Let's say we have a sister website where people post their DIY, log the DIY category, and total effort in minutes (There are more metrics/data collection involved but I wont get into it). It would still take i'm guessing 6 months at a full embrace of the site to collect enough data to produce a reasonable result, and over 12 months at a 50% embrace.



Now lets expand it to all bikes, and accessible to anyone. I'm still guessing 6 to 12 months of enough data for reasonable results.


Okay well good luck then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helitech is offline  
post #28 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 114
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
I really don't get what your saying about Skydork coming back in a more relaxed capacity!if a Skydork was any more relaxed his last name would be Valium!Ive never witnessed anything but cool
I can tell you have never been a mod, or admin of an internet community. I have been both. I don't claim to be awesome, I am just simply relaying my experience.

More relaxed means stop feeling the need to patrol every thread, that's why forums have multiple moderators. They communicate with each other, they get to know each other, they work together.

Again I say if he wants to mod 24/7 and just needs a vacation awesome, if he feels he needs the vacation because modding is impacting is personal well being, then other mods needs to step up and fill the void so he can take a step back in a more relaxed capacity and enjoy being a mod instead of it feeling like he has to be a mod.
Gen-Eric is offline  
post #29 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 04:54 AM
GP Star
 
peterd10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,354
Posting Frequency
Images: 7
    
Garage
How are you coming to this opinion on Skydork!you have only been a member since October 2016 so are they only assumptions!I really don't think for 1 to assume anything about me!or to assume anything about Skydork or voice your thoughts on something that your not qualified to do or say!your acting like the Judge and jury on a long time member that's not here to defend himself!I think it's time you dropped your focus on whateva Skydork is doing and get back to weight reduction on your bike!Im being very blunt here because you seem to have a very strong opinion on something that's over your head!lets just get back to the topic and I'm sorry for asking the question in the first place
peterd10r is offline  
post #30 of 31 Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM
GP Star
 
SpazOnaZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.V. Arizona
Posts: 2,563
Posting Frequency
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-Eric View Post
But it's not as difficult as you say. Forget money. Just focus on the amount of weight loss you gained, and the amount of effort involved in minutes.
I'll bite one last time too.

This is an unimportant metric. Not only because the amount of time it takes has -zero- impact on the performance of the modification, but there will also be an absolutely unquantifiable difference in 'Time' based on factors, or a combination of factors, that you cannot possible measure or accurately reproduce.... tools, lighting, ambient temperature, mood, japanese assembly line torque wrench calibration, skill level, bike mileage, prior maintenance, make/model/year, music playing in the backround, beer consumed in the prior evening, beer consumed during... the list is damn near infinite. What can take me 5 minutes can take some an hour. What I spend 30 minutes on some do in 5. The deviation is unpredictable & huge. It's just not accurate enough to reproduce, and 'estimation' is just an exercise in 'Large Window of Error'.

...and on the subject of 'Error': the job takes as long as it takes. None of these jobs take more than a few hours for just about anyone to do, but getting them done any faster will not yield better results. The 'effort' is irrelevant... you either do the thing to lose weight or you do not.... none of these things are so difficult that the deciding do/don't do factor will be effort. Maybe if you had 100 hours of work to do, and 80 hours to do it in could I see a need for organization like this... but you do not. No one here will either, and you will not get any good data as a result.

Frankly, a Time Vs Weight chart is pedantic and an outright waste of what you're attempting to measure. If you want to do it any way, slap the Easy Button and just look up the flat rate labor totals for each job and stick a weight value on it. Excel would do nicely for organization. It will be a neat but a passing curiosity that gets completely forgotten before the next model release, at best.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 02-28-2017 at 09:04 AM.
SpazOnaZX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome