Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Brembo cable clutch perch and lever

Gen 4: 2011-15 
3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  rcannon 
#1 ·
Fitted this up today with a ti pivot bolt and a few others Mecha Automotive design Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle accessories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I tried to start a new life in Southeast Asia (Malaysia) but things didn't pan out the way I wanted. In Los Angeles now and everything has been re-routed to get here including the bike. Got a nice ohlins rear shock waiting, but I'm thinking it's too much for a 98% street ridden bike (really trying to justify it ahaha). Since it sounds like you and I do the same kind of riding, what do you think? Should I hold onto it and save up do something forks? Or should I sell it? Is it worth the money to have for a street bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Helitech you will never recover the money you tip into your or mine bikes!keep it!its unique!its yours!and if you buy a new bike it will just all start again!I can never or will ever sell mine!I will buy another and keep it stock(maybe a pipe lol)!in 20 years time some Aussie or Murican pickers will find it covered in a garage and offer our Grandkids $1000 and they will sell it

#8 ·
I have that same lever, but where does one get the perch?

Just from the idea that if we're crazy enough to spend way too much, for a lever, lets prove we are insane and get the perch, too....

It is beautiful... The lever, int he stock Kawasaki perch, is not ideal. It sits a long way from the bar, and you really cant adjust it to be closer to the grip.

#10 · (Edited)
I wish Id have gone with the Zeta.

I used the Brembo since Im running a front Brembo master cylinder. And it HAD to match....the world may have stopped rotating if my levers were not as identical, as possible. If it were impossible, no problem, but when I saw it, then it is possible, so I had to.

I felt really stupid after installing the Brembo lever. Dont get me wrong..it fits, and has a beautiful finish. I wear size 3xl gloves, so the distance from the grip is a non issue...but still...

I had spent close to 180.00 for it. I think shipping was free. Awesome. When it was all said, and done, I had spent 180, for a lever, that was not nearly as good as the chinese ebay levers. You know the ones? I think they come in a pack of 3, for 18.00 and three angora goats.

The ebay chinese lever fit as tight, and had more adjustments available. Sure, it turns pink when left in the sun, but still, it was more fit for purpose than the Brembo lever.

For some reason, they dont like my product review..

I would not recommend the brembo clutch lever unless you get the entire lever and perch. A person with normal sized hands could even reach the lever.

#14 ·
I got mine from eBay about $65aus!I replaced the pivot bolt and nut!fitted a M5 bolt that holds the lever in place also!I also ordered a cnc aluminium cable adjuster(M8-1.25 thread)as the perch comes with a shitty steel one!I also have the genuine Brembo assembly that fits the gen4 oem perch but just wanted the clutch to match my rcs19!there some crap offered on Alibaba amd others for $30 but I would prefer to pay extra for the security and personal contact on fleabay!I will get the supplier info and contact him to make sure you get what you pay for

#15 ·
Nice find. When I go do my valve adjustment, I'll remove the ABS and replace everything with stainless lines and upgrade to an RCS 19 for he brake side and upgrade he clutch lever while I'm at it. But I will wait until I already have the bike stripped down for the valve adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Sweet just buy your RCS19 from Mike@Ridersdiscount that way you no it's the real deal!buying a Chinese copy for a mechanical clutch assembly isn't a life threatening purchase!but people actually buying a RCS19 cheap copy could end very badly

#17 ·
I like the looks of this one.......Just posting a link. I dont work for these people, or have anything to do with the web site.

https://japan.webike.net/products/2171453.html

My problem would be if I order from them, and get good service. They have about 432 things I want. Things I cannot find anywhere else.

That same manufacturer, Active, also had a rear brembo caliper mount. My life will not be complete until I order that rear brake carrier and the matching brembo caliper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.