Gen 4: 2011-2015 Bike won't start - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Bike won't start

2014 just short of 6k miles. I had to let it sit through winter under a cover so I assumed the gas was bad but I still can't get it going.

Originally the battery was worn so a few days ago I jump started the bike and it started up just fine. I ordered a Shorai because it was time to replace it anyway and I charged it and installed it with no problems. After the installation it took a few seconds but started up again. Excited to ride, I turned it off, put on my gear, pulled it into the driveway, and when I went to start it again nothing happened. It doesn't make the clicking sound of the starter not getting enough power.

At that point I figured it was bad gas because it had sat over the winter. I siphoned the tank, added water remover to whatever was left, and filled it back up. Still no start.

My last thought was the spark plugs but after replacing those it still wont start.

I'm not sure what else to check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2018, 10:26 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Jump start it again and then go for 15-20 minute highway ride and see if the battery charges or trickle charge the battery enough for it to start. If theres no click when you try to start it with a fully charged battery you might need a starter relay.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

If you did NOT use fuel additives in past then plugs are ok, I'm assuming your fueling situation is same as USA.

You have the shoria charger and it does not start after the initial shoria start?

My next thought is that you lifted the tank for some whatever reason and pinch fuel line upon closing.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Tighten your battery posts.... Starter not spinning has nothing to do with what kind of fuel you have in your tank. Starter is not getting current is the issue, unless the starter just went bad......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.