Anyone in Canada actually get their warranty claims approved? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bun1t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Anyone in Canada actually get their warranty claims approved?

Not ZX10R related but seems to be quite abit of info on the topic here. I bought a 2016 ZX14R SE in this past December. Got 3880kms on it when it spun 2 rod bearings. Brought it to the dealership and the ripped it down, rebuilt but never found what caused it. New crank, 2 rods, 2 pistons and 8 valves were replaced. Grand total coming to just shy of $8000 cdn. Kawasaki Canada denied the warranty. Unknown reason why. Dealership said Kawasaki found a post on my facebook wall saying I had aftermarket parts. Highly unlikely as my fb wall posts are friends only. So the dealership waited to rebuild until they switched to their winter shop rates as well as gave me a discount. Brought the total down to $5700. Dealership is hoping now that the build is done and that the dealership is helping me out with the cost, they are hoping Kawasaki will cover the rest. So I been pretty pissed off as they denied a warranty with 3880kms on the odo and still no word on what caused it. After doing research there are a shit load of guys that had their motors fail the same way. Apparently the oil pump cover is weak and flexes under acceleration. This causes a massive drop in oil pressure and explains why the bearings spun. Kawasaki knows of this issue but has done nothing to correct it and yet still denies my warranty. I am a loyal Kawasaki customer. I have owned a 07 and 08 zx6r, 2015 zx10r, 2016 zx14r and my wife has had a 09 ninja 250 and now a 2016 650r. I am 100% loyal but this shit is fucked up and im honestly thinking of ditching my Kawasaki's because of it.

I have seen a few posts of guys getting their warranty approved with high mileage in the states. But anyone in Canada have good or bad experiences with warranty?

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

A buddy of mine is an occasional visitor here but I can't remember his username. Had his 4th Gen 10r motor rebuilt twice under his 5 year extended warranty but it was like pulling tiger teeth for both claims. I'll send him a text and get him to pay another visit.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
post #3 of 8 Old 11-10-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Think I got a msg from him, I txted him back. Kawasaki sent me a email about an hour ago saying they are in the process of reviewing my claim, should here back next week. Fingers crossed, even though I shouldn't even need to cross them. This is why I never buy extended warranties, they take your money and deny the claim.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE

post #4 of 8 Old 11-11-2017, 01:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That's not unheard of. If an expensive warranty claim comes up, they will search your name to gather info. If they have evidence of you racing, abusing the bike or having parts that could cause engine failure they will deny your claim. A good rule of thumb is to disable your social media accounts while a warranty is pending.

However I will say Kawasaki USA is pretty relax towards basic bolt ons, exhaust, gears, etc. If you have a flash, extended swingarm, then they start to get picky.
rcannon likes this.

Last edited by bun1t; 11-11-2017 at 01:02 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-11-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
They way it should be or is in most cases is, they have to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue. Use to have a Cobalt with mods on it. Went in for warranty work because my reverse lights weren't coming on. Tech said "the switch box under the shifter broke but you have a cold air intake so warranty is voided" I stated they had to prove the part caused the issue and he said that is correct. Once that got brought up they warrantied it.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #6 of 8 Old 11-12-2017, 08:24 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

consider: I'm US, warranty approved on '13 10r that had engine failure at 70,500 miles; as of 11.12.17, bike has been at dealer's since 05.29.2017.

My point: warranty approval is NOT the final answer.

btw, I never do any mods outside of the can switch out.

and look at today's date: almost six months of no bike....
post #7 of 8 Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

They use to be helpful with technicians answering your question, not anymore.

Kawasaki don't replace any engine instead they repait it, kind of cheap company.....

Now in province of Quebec we have Consumers protect and small claims : Le plafond des réclamations aux petites créances passe à 15 000 $ | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca, sorry it's all in french.

But you need to make a thread on facebook and everything, companies are very sensible to bad publicity.

What kind of aftermarket part you got on zx-14r ? Flash ecu, full exhaust ?

post #8 of 8 Old 11-13-2017, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
consider: I'm US, warranty approved on '13 10r that had engine failure at 70,500 miles; as of 11.12.17, bike has been at dealer's since 05.29.2017.

My point: warranty approval is NOT the final answer.

btw, I never do any mods outside of the can switch out.

and look at today's date: almost six months of no bike....
I seen your post and that thought it was crazy. 70k miles and you still go approved. My motor failed mid july, suppose to have an answer this week on what is going on.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.