Anyone in Canada actually get their warranty claims approved? - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
Got a call over the week that the dealership wanted me to come in and have a chat. Went in today and Kawasaki and the dealership are tag teaming this and are covering the bill as "good will" I'm happy and all and extreamly thankful to both of them but still kinda upset. This should be a warranty issue, no questions asked. I ordered in a APE billet oil pump cover which is to prevent this from happening again. But if I don't buy it and the motor blows again. Then what? they wont do good will again. Not only am I concerned about my bike but there is a history of ZX14R spinning bearings because of this flaw.
Did dealer provide one year warranty at time of purchase?

Last edited by scout; 12-01-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Just the 1 year manufactures warranty

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #13 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 09:54 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Just the 1 year manufactures warranty
ok, then if so, Kawa will cover all costs. Let us know how it goes.

In my case, dealer service admin says bike is being checked out now (I contacted by service admin on 12-02)
Manager was positive in attitude; a relief. I'm used to recalls but absolutely not used to complicated engine tech warranty work). My first thought was perfect as I get into tight stuff, but safe, but that bike has to do what I know it can do.

Kinda tricky situation. But certain Kawa can make it work. My impression is that Kawa corp will NOT release the bike until certain that all is good.

patience, grasshopper! On other hand, the last six months have flown by super fast. LIfe is interesrting.

Last edited by scout; 12-05-2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: A

post #14 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
They are covering it, but not under warranty. They are covering it as "good will" because I have owned 6 Kawasaki's and bought 3 of them from the dealership that did the rebuild. Basically Kawi told the dealership its up to them if they feel im a loyal customer and want to keep me, then kawi will cover it. However if it happens again, im on my own, which is total bullshit. Bike is still at the dealership since they are gonna install a APE billet oil pump cover.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #15 of 18 Old 12-06-2017, 08:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs down Bad respect for customers from Kawasaki

Did Kawasaki respect they're waranty and extended waranty as well or did they are the last of the classroom on japanese motorcycle companies.

It's a good thing to know how they threat they're customers and maybe compare Kawasaki with the other 3 japanese companies.

If Kawasaki are the only one company who threat they're customer like shit we need to know, so next time I bought a motorcycle I will look at other one.

Been a loyal Kawasaki owner I'm considering now other company hearing all this kind of bad respect they got for customers.
scout likes this.
post #16 of 18 Old 12-06-2017, 04:30 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
They are covering it, but not under warranty. They are covering it as "good will" because I have owned 6 Kawasaki's and bought 3 of them from the dealership that did the rebuild. Basically Kawi told the dealership its up to them if they feel im a loyal customer and want to keep me, then kawi will cover it. However if it happens again, im on my own, which is total bullshit. Bike is still at the dealership since they are gonna install a APE billet oil pump cover.
Do I understand everything: you bought a new 14; one year warranty; fails about 3 months; and warranty is NOT covering repairs.
post #17 of 18 Old 12-06-2017, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Do I understand everything: you bought a new 14; one year warranty; fails about 3 months; and warranty is NOT covering repairs.
That is correct. I left out some details at the start because I didn't want to mention some stuff while this was on going. So here is the details.

Purchased a 2016 ZX14R SE with the standard 1 year manufactures warranty in December 2016. By July I was only able to get 3880kms on it. Didn't do a lot of riding as I have a back injury. I added a Akrapovic Exhaust and Woolich Auto tuner. Motor failed, I called the dealership to get their advice. Seeing as how I had a exhaust and tune, figured I was on my own. Dealership told me to go back to stock. So I did that, dropped the bike off. Few months later got a call asking what all was done. I told them again, exhaust and flash. They asked if I adjusted the timing since the camshafts were showing wear. I told them I did not. Few days later I get a call saying Kawasaki is denying my warranty due to a post I made on fb. The post I believe was in question was on my fb wall saying "thumbs up to the dealership for helping me out" a friend asking me how and I said, they told me to go back to stock. Now my fb privacy is set to friends only, so Kawasaki cant see that. I have 1 friend on my fb that works at the dealership. To me it sounds like he told his higher ups about the post and they were worried that Kawasaki would see it and they would get in shit for telling a customer to go back to stock to claim the warranty. Pissed off a few people at the dealership with that accusation.

The dealership knew I was getting a raw deal so they waited to rebuild the motor until they switched to their winter shop rates and gave me 10% off parts. This brought the bill from $8k to 5700cdn. Hoping once everything was all said and done, Kawasaki would cover the rest or at least part of it. They finished the rebuild, took it for a test ride but there was a hesitation issue. I went in with my laptop to once again reflash it back to stock (I already had done that before I brought the bike to them). While I was there I showed them the auto tune. Both the tech and service manager took pictures of the tune and agree'd that it was 100% not the tune.

The GM went to a Kawasaki expo on the east coast and talked to the reps face to face about my claim. I got called into to sit down with them and that's when they told me that Kawasaki will not cover it under warranty but cover it as good will and basically said "the dealership is making the call as you are a loyal customer".

I am extremely thankful for kawi and the dealership covering it. But still pissed about not being under warranty. There is no reason to deny it, even with my mods.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #18 of 18 Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
That is correct. I left out some details at the start because I didn't want to mention some stuff while this was on going. So here is the details.

Purchased a 2016 ZX14R SE with the standard 1 year manufactures warranty in December 2016. By July I was only able to get 3880kms on it. Didn't do a lot of riding as I have a back injury. I added a Akrapovic Exhaust and Woolich Auto tuner. Motor failed, I called the dealership to get their advice. Seeing as how I had a exhaust and tune, figured I was on my own. Dealership told me to go back to stock. So I did that, dropped the bike off. Few months later got a call asking what all was done. I told them again, exhaust and flash. They asked if I adjusted the timing since the camshafts were showing wear. I told them I did not. Few days later I get a call saying Kawasaki is denying my warranty due to a post I made on fb. The post I believe was in question was on my fb wall saying "thumbs up to the dealership for helping me out" a friend asking me how and I said, they told me to go back to stock. Now my fb privacy is set to friends only, so Kawasaki cant see that. I have 1 friend on my fb that works at the dealership. To me it sounds like he told his higher ups about the post and they were worried that Kawasaki would see it and they would get in shit for telling a customer to go back to stock to claim the warranty. Pissed off a few people at the dealership with that accusation.

The dealership knew I was getting a raw deal so they waited to rebuild the motor until they switched to their winter shop rates and gave me 10% off parts. This brought the bill from $8k to 5700cdn. Hoping once everything was all said and done, Kawasaki would cover the rest or at least part of it. They finished the rebuild, took it for a test ride but there was a hesitation issue. I went in with my laptop to once again reflash it back to stock (I already had done that before I brought the bike to them). While I was there I showed them the auto tune. Both the tech and service manager took pictures of the tune and agree'd that it was 100% not the tune.

The GM went to a Kawasaki expo on the east coast and talked to the reps face to face about my claim. I got called into to sit down with them and that's when they told me that Kawasaki will not cover it under warranty but cover it as good will and basically said "the dealership is making the call as you are a loyal customer".

I am extremely thankful for kawi and the dealership covering it. But still pissed about not being under warranty. There is no reason to deny it, even with my mods.
Good that you have the bike in order. Thx for details. No reason to ask Kawa anything as you have the moto running. Something caused Kawa to balk; what, that is the question. What fb recorded was np for kawa; however, the dealer wanted oem back on. Why? No evidence, but I suspect woolich is not on our Kawa admin bf list; the dealer had a hint of this with the oem request and the public exposure of the oem request pissed off our Kawa boss.

Slightly off the topic, but not really, I have a question how much can be learned from our bike's ecu, if anything. What I'm asking is if ecu records rpm info and number of limiter hits and whatever else.

If so, Kawa admin can use individual ecu info date to make decisions about warranty case by case AND country by country.

Upper end tech guys must know if ecu records whatever info.

In MY case, dealer called this morning and reported that the engine is now running properly BUT the starter failed. Kawa will replace the starter under warranty. Now this in interesting. As I run a 200 mile loop. That starter was used three times per loop! That math is exactly 1057 plus a few for garage whatevers, so that starter had about 1100 initiations since Sept. 2014 to 12/07/17 with me off the bike on 05.29.2017. So funny as I would think very little strain on the starter with that statistic and never had a battery problem as kept bike on trickle during inclement weather (so never just let the starter run forever).

Dealer commented that in may be another week for the part and want to test bike before release.

Bottom line for me when I retrieve the bike is if that baby will run great. If so, I'll buy another 10r np if my Kawa engineers can get the 2019's down to at least 430 pounds. So love the g4 weight in my riding conditions.

ok, again, thx for info on your bike and I'll keep info up as I learn it about my bike.

In closure, life is interesting. I've owned many supers and the best easily is the g4 but I've had two of these beauties fail...yet even when they failed, all safe, as in total rural isolation. Three failures all three in rural emptiness. Two were mechanical with the remaining caused by my battery coming loose breaking the cable attachment to probably the starter caused by the batter rocking in the box under the seat. On me as I did whatever and failed to secure it properly. Three engine failures all in safe areas. Thank Christ for that.

Last edited by scout; 12-07-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.