All makes naked bike recommendations for a beginner - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The ABS mentality is based on my 21 years of riding sportbikes and I'm glad that he's taken on the same mindset. I've done all my crashing and hospital visits on older bikes sans ABS and TC and now I won't ride without them. It's specifically why I targeted a 4th gen when I was shopping for a new ride in 2013.

We live in the 2nd worst traffic location in North America (not kidding, it's pretty bad here) and there are too many instances were cagers do stupid shit and cause panic braking situations. ABS is a proven life saver and I believe in it 110%. I have a hard time believing that anybody can out brake ABS when you're riding on a wet road with tar snakes everywhere and suddenly a Range Rover with an overseas driver cuts you off in an intersection and your reflexes automatically grab a fist full of brake. Everybody would lock up the front wheel in that situation. Everybody.

Traction control is also a valuable tool around here because of the cold, wet weather and so much traffic that you can't warm up your tires from fall to spring.

We don't have many opportunities to ride open twisties with sunny skies and dry pavement. Hence why ABS and traction control are so relevant. If he was only riding on the track, I'd say heck ya, ditch the electronics but it's not the case in this situation.
R/T Performance likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 04-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

THis guy is a beginner, and many of the bikes recommended above are not for beginners IMO. Even the FZ_09 is a beast when gassed.

Check out a Yamaha FZ-07. Good beginner naked bike. I also have an FZ-09 and a friend with an FZ-07. Great looking bike, low to the ground and comfortable, and sounds killer with an M4 slip on.

Last edited by don sholand; 04-14-2018 at 04:55 PM.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-14-2018, 06:28 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Asphalt bikes for asphalt and naked are simply not asphalt bikes. do not buy naked bikes; do not buy tour bikes; do not buy fat wing or harley bikes do not buy 'adventure' bikes; Asphalt bikes or dirt bikes and that's it.

Psych PR dolts love riders for study of time and learning curves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in