AIM MXL Strada road version - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

AIM MXL Strada road version

Has any one fitted one , I am reading the instructions and something mentions TPS but only refers to the Pista and not the strada ... do I need to do anything here.

the plug and play wiring loom I have doesn't seem to correspond with the instructions :-(

has anybody done it for the 04/05 ZX10R

Ride it like you stole it or at least try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
GRNinja, did you ever found an answer for your question? Reason why I'm asking is cause I want to install myself a AIM MXL Strada dash. So far I heard it isn't possible due to the Tracktion control that can't work anymore. I'm wondering if anybody here on the ZX-10r forum found a solution for this.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-08-2017, 04:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmember View Post
GRNinja, did you ever found an answer for your question? Reason why I'm asking is cause I want to install myself a AIM MXL Strada dash. So far I heard it isn't possible due to the Tracktion control that can't work anymore. I'm wondering if anybody here on the ZX-10r forum found a solution for this.
When speaking with AiM they told me that you won't be able to toggle between TC/Power modes with the dash which is why they don't recommend it. Your TC will still work though.
greenmember likes this.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-08-2017, 04:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
When speaking with AiM they told me that you won't be able to toggle between TC/Power modes with the dash which is why they don't recommend it. Your TC will still work though.
I agree that TC will work but it doesn't have the functionality to show you the TC/Power Modes. That said, the MXL2 can do that so if you want to upgrade your dash and also gain GPS lap time and Data Logger functions, go with that:

AiM MXL2
post #5 of 15 Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
So if I get this right. The TC will still work only thing is you won't see it dispayed on the AIM dash?
Or the TC is still working but can be changed in another mode?
post #6 of 15 Old 02-09-2017, 04:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

TC/power modes cannot be changed. TC still works as it should.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
That's a bummer! And unfortunately the MXL2 is over my budget.
They make such nice dashes! My plan was to change the OEM dash cause it isn't good looking at mine opinion.
AIM is closest thing that looks on a Magnet Marelli dash... Any alternatives?
post #8 of 15 Old 02-09-2017, 04:51 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You can run the MXL dash no problem as long as you just leave your bike in the whatever TC/Power Mode. You can even change the TC/Power Modes but you just won't be able to see what you've changed it to. By default, the bike always resets back to default TC/Power Modes every time you re-start it. That is unless your ECU has been programmed to remember whatever mode you set it to last. What you could do, if you have the ability to program your ECU (or send it to someone to do it) is to pick a good TC/Power Modes setting and apply it all 3 modes so it doesn't matter what setting you're on. This way, TC/Power will always be the same and you don't need to know which mode you're in. Then you can rush the MXL dash no problem.
greenmember likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wow I like where this is going! Maybe I can go still a head with my AIM dash plans!
I've already seen some people who had their ECU flashed with Woolich Racing and where the had the option to have the TC remembered last position. But finding a proper TC/Power plan won't be easy... Problem is that I still need to figur out the performance of my bike since I don't have if that long. Plan is also to go riding on the circuit. Don't know which plan would be applicable for such scenarios. Well I'm glad I have some posibilities!
post #10 of 15 Old 09-18-2017, 04:01 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
I agree that TC will work but it doesn't have the functionality to show you the TC/Power Modes. That said, the MXL2 can do that so if you want to upgrade your dash and also gain GPS lap time and Data Logger functions, go with that:

AiM MXL2
Sorry, where did you get this info from? I just got an email back from AiM saying that the MXL2 cannot display these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.