AGV or SHOEI? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

It's all depending on your head shape. Wear what's comfortable (cliche, I know).

With that said, I love my Arai RX-7X. It breaks in nicely, there's small pockets for speakers (dismissible, I know), and fits like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 02-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Out of your 3 choices the x-12 is the most advanced.... I own all the major Brands , I even own 1 that cost over 1500 dollars, That said my favorite Helmet is My suomy that cost 400.Perfect fit for my head shape and my go to helmet on race weekends...Best of luck finding what works best for you.
JepoyDaNinja likes this.

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #23 of 27 Old 02-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Go to a store that carries them and try them on to find what works best for you. Im really glad I did that. I had Icon helmets for a while, and they were nice dont get me wrong, but then I got my current RF1200. Amazing. The weight. The size. The optical clarity is incredible. Fits brilliantly. Very comfy. Fits my head well. Absolutely would recommend you try one on, its a great helmet. Vents well and is very quiet.

Oh, and if you want a deal I know a guy. Dude named Mike from Ridersdiscount on this forum, he tells you about all these great products and then gives you amazing deals on them! Hes a trickster, makes you part with only small amounts of money for a lot of goods. 10/10

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Last edited by -Op-; 02-21-2017 at 12:23 AM.

post #24 of 27 Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Shoei is an amazing helmet. The fit is absolutely amazing, tight but not too tight in all the right spots - no side to side or up/down play and comfortable. No hot spots or pressure points aside from minor cheek pressure (i.e. potential cheek biting).

The only thing I don't like are the shield detents, they are very strong which creates flex when trying to open the visor. I've previously had icon, and bell. Bell looks cool but the fit was way out of line for my head shape > intermediate oval. Icon has always fit good too, but I know that's not one of your choices.

Love my Shoei.
post #25 of 27 Old 02-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Bell rs1

2013 10R
post #26 of 27 Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to pmason718
If all 3 fit your head with no issues then I would go with the Shoei, I'm pro shoei as well and I own a X-12 that I purchased when it first came out but I also own a RF-1200. If you have a headset like the Sena 20S etc then you may want to look outside of the X12 b/c The X12 doesn't have the cutout for the speakers which mean they could potentially be on your ears just depends.
JepoyDaNinja likes this.
post #27 of 27 Old 03-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Get the best fitting helmet that does not move from side to side or up and down when you grab the helmet from the chin area and twist and push/pull up and down, and back and forth. After all, the helmet is about protecting your skull, not how cool it looks.

In terms of street, you want gear that is comfortable enough so that you don't think twice about putting it on because of the fit or because it is too hot outside. I'll always error on the side of caution and sweat has become my best frenemy. Be damned what others think. No one cares more about you than you care about yourself.
JepoyDaNinja likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.