Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2015 Yamaha R1

55K views 458 replies 70 participants last post by  RDJ46 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
:iamwithstupid:

#8 ·
Yes I honestly do. The front end has grown on me some. But I really dislike how they did the tank area, and the tail is horrible. I have ridden the bike some 4 or 5 times, and its a great bike, no doubt. For me it is small and uncomfortable though, its like riding a 600. Then factor in the looks and thats a deal breaker. If it would have had a tail I probably would have lived with the rest. It really was just about looks and comfort to me. I will never say the bike isnt a beast and a fantastic machine.

I like this way better

#12 ·
That's pretty much exactly how I feel about the BMW. I love the bike's performance and capability, but I just cannot get over the hideous headlight design. In track trim she's a sexy beast though, without headlight decals of course Lol

#10 ·
I'm 6'2" or so bare foot and about 215lbs. I did check out the RSV4, I felt even more scrunched up on that. When I got a new bike about 2 years ago I checked out and rode a lot of bikes lol. The S1000 was my fav and I had the paperwork done for one. This was when I was in Wi yet, in April. Just before I signed he told me he couldnt get one transferred, I could have the yellow one (Ewww) or wait till around August to get my black one. I said I just cant, so that deal went out the window. I did a lot of shopping after that, when all was done I ended up with my 2010, It was the best feeling bike that I liked for how I ride. I was actually temped to look for a super clean Gen1 again back then, but I really wanted my first brand new bike. I plan to get my last bike here this coming spring. I will either get the HP4 or I will consider the new R1 if its awesome. What can I say, to me looks and performance wise the S1000 is just the bike I love.

P.S. I love my 3rd Gen a lot, I just really want my dream bike.

#15 ·
Bennice the RSV is a killer bike, love the looks, and the sound of that motor, omg lol. But yea it was harsh. I think I would be limited to ride it like 15 minutes at a time lol. Way to small.

Stealth I hear ya, and thats why we all like what we like. No hard feelings here for sure.

#19 ·
Very true, and I would perhaps consider that if one bike were just so much better than another. Generally speaking that isnt the case though. So might as well get one you just have a good feel on right out of the box.

#25 ·
Dean, I'm 5' 7" with a 31" inseam and the RSV4 works extremely well for me. After all, it was built around a certain Italian rider who is around the same height as me.

Your buddy may like the bike, and he may not complain. But if his legs are proportional to the rest of his body then he's likely pretty scrunched up on it. It doesn't bother some guys, but for FOGs like me, it could be problematic.

#26 ·
Adey is a big guy and well at home on the RSV4. Some people want their sportbike to feel like their lazy-boy chair at home. The "old guy" on here is 70 years old and still riding sportbike and clocking more millage than 10 of us all together.. Some riders were just born to bitch and complaints about everything...:headshake:

I love the RSV4 and cannot wait for their next generation!:thumbsup:

#28 · (Edited)
I'm here to tell you, the RSV4 is comfortable. I'm 6'1" 215 and I just did 350 miles in Arkansas in one day. There was little to no fatigue as compared to my 10's I've done the same stretch on. The RSV4 is an incredible bike (package). Yes the 10R is faster in a straight line. The handling of the RSV4 is insane.

Attachments

#35 ·
Damn whipper snappers...can ride with your elbows almost touching your hips for hours on end and able to flip up your visor with your knee pucks. Stay off my lawn! :bd:

I only had one test ride on a gen 4, and it was after I already had my RSV4. The ergos just didn't work for me out of the box, so it was tough to really get a good feel for the bike. The RSV4 is a tough act to follow in the handling dept. though. I dont know that I'd call that seat comfy though. The edges can be pretty rough.

It's all relative tho...I don't ever recall riding a sportbike that I would consider 'comfortable' in all my years. More comfortable than sitting on a steel railing? Sure. But not comfortable enough to want to sit on if there was no motor under it.

#36 ·
I think we pretty much covered it...lol.

No bike yet, no pics, hope they come with something interesting but doubt it.

But if they come back to WSBK who's gonna ride it? Will it be factory or satellite team?

They got that R3 now tho...maybe that's more interesting? :dontknow:

#39 ·
I know I am in the serious minority but I am anxiously awaiting the new R1 yet. I think it will be a bigger game changer than this H2 nonsense. I think if the R1 really does deliver on that hp benchmark, everyone is gonna have to step up in the next year or 2. I don't think the H2 will force that.

The R3 is a cool little intro bike too. Cool to see another bike enter that class.

#40 · (Edited)
I know I am in the serious minority but I am anxiously awaiting the new R1 yet. I think it will be a bigger game changer than this H2 nonsense. I think if the R1 really does deliver on that hp benchmark, everyone is gonna have to step up in the next year or 2. I don't think the H2 will force that.

The R3 is a cool little intro bike too. Cool to see another bike enter that class.
Yep your right!!! :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.