• 1 Post By Porschenut
  • 1 Post By Porschenut
  • 2 Post By JayBoCC2
  • 1 Post By obijack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

It makes my blood boil! I came out of work at about 7pm, in Cupertino, CA, and in-bred moron has only tried to pry the ignition barrel away from the steering stem, making a right mess! Smashing the metal ring, that goes around the ignition, to pieces, and demolishing the plastic shield that slides over the ignition barrel in the process. Urgh!

Thoroughly pissed off! :-( Anyway, I?ve remove my top triple clamp and drilled the security bolts out ready to get a new top tripple. Just considering a new lock set to replace the now half demolished ignition.

I have this sneaky feeling this was attempt 2. About 4 weeks ago, I arrived at work and took my helmet off to check my rear tire wear. Was bent down examining it for a short while before deciding new tires needed. That afternoon when I got back to my bike, I had a flat rear! When repairing it, on site at work, the leak was that bad it was clear to hear with air in the tire! A major leak! Funny how I didn?t hear it in the am? I wonder if that was done in the hope I would leave it at work over night?

Now I need a proximity sensor alarm for my ride maybe? Any recommendations? My bike is clearly a marked bike now! Down-side, if I got an alert it would take me a while to descend 6 floors to the underground parking garage.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited by trebor27; 09-30-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

You must park inside a secure garage or apartment. Then you will have some peace.
trebor27 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Sounds to me like your particular thief doesn't have the means to haul the bike away but only to try and ride it away. For a cheap and instance solution buy 2 brake rotor locks and always lock up both wheels. He's only going to get the bike if he can haul it away and that requires a couple guys and a stolen van.
trebor27 likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!

post #4 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Or you could go overboard like I do and have a motion sensing alarm and 2 disk locks. Triple deterrent.
trebor27 likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
post #5 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
You can keep your bike in my back yard in sunnyvale. lol
trebor27 and evilaugust like this.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 07:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Best thing you can do is have Comprehensive insurance and anchor your bike to the concrete with something like this:

Kryptonite Stronghold Ground Anchor Lock | Chain Reaction Cycles
trebor27 likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #7 of 7 Old 10-09-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for all the replies!

Iím harassing the building management to have some motorcycle security installed. Iím hoping they will install some ground anchors, I already have a beast of an English Chain, and lock. And I was wondering about buying a Xena alarm disc lock to go on the rear disc too.

Together they could be as good as I can get I guess.

I need to chase them up today, as usual, they do nothing unless hounded!

;-)

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.