Another 1/5th throttle insert - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 01-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

insert

for those that haven't gotten one, and keep reading the phorum to judge the installation of it......trust me do not over analyze it....unlike 99 percent of aftermarket stuff that has the illusion of a 10 minute install that turns into a neighborhood weekend project....these inserts are a piece of cake, especially if you have recent gen4, as all of the ballyhoo, about messing with cutting adjustment screws off,, is not necessary.....its a very quick install---the hardest part of the install is learning to be 'smoother' in the corners, I can actually loft my wheel with easy no with the insert installed, before my hand position never felt comfortable enough to be in the right position to do it....almost thought there was something wrong with the bike......knowing it had to be either me, or at least my hand position......its the least amount of dollars and the most amount of fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm installing this Saturday and heading to the track next weekend. How much shorter than the original throttle pull should I expect this one to be? I have a gen 2.
post #13 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 09:06 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by henroc10 View Post
I'm installing this Saturday and heading to the track next weekend. How much shorter than the original throttle pull should I expect this one to be? I have a gen 2.
1/5th shorter.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #14 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry to sound stupid, but I have no clue how much shorter that is. I jumped on this one because I have trouble getting to full throttle on the track on mine. Is it a little shorter, or holy crap as soon as I turn the throttle it's wide open, shorter.
post #15 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 09:25 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by henroc10 View Post
Sorry to sound stupid, but I have no clue how much shorter that is. I jumped on this one because I have trouble getting to full throttle on the track on mine. Is it a little shorter, or holy crap as soon as I turn the throttle it's wide open, shorter.
It's 18 degrees shorter. The stock throttle is 90 degrees to wide open and this makes it 72 degrees. Noticeable but not crazy.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #16 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
It's 18 degrees shorter. The stock throttle is 90 degrees to wide open and this makes it 72 degrees. Noticeable but not crazy.
Awesome! Thanks!
post #17 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 AM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Another 1/5th throttle insert

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewaibel View Post
for those that haven't gotten one, and keep reading the phorum to judge the installation of it......trust me do not over analyze it....unlike 99 percent of aftermarket stuff that has the illusion of a 10 minute install that turns into a neighborhood weekend project....these inserts are a piece of cake, especially if you have recent gen4, as all of the ballyhoo, about messing with cutting adjustment screws off,, is not necessary.....its a very quick install---the hardest part of the install is learning to be 'smoother' in the corners, I can actually loft my wheel with easy no with the insert installed, before my hand position never felt comfortable enough to be in the right position to do it....almost thought there was something wrong with the bike......knowing it had to be either me, or at least my hand position......its the least amount of dollars and the most amount of fun

+1, a bit more involved on some of the other Gens with the aluminum housing and adjustment screws buried near the throttle bodies. This mod is so worth the short bit of time it takes to install and still under $30. I recommend it to all my friends with Kawasakis as well as anyone on this forum who doesn't have one yet.

Strictly for my Ninjas

2011 ZX-10R ABS

17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.