Gen 4: 2011-2015 4th Gen ECU Flash Sale and Giveaway! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

4th Gen ECU Flash Sale and Giveaway!

This hasn't got much exposure in my forum, so hopefully more people will see it here...

Source: great sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Sunday Sunday Sunday...

Starting this Sunday (0001HRS // 20JUL14) and going through next Saturday (2359HRS // 26JUL14) all flashes will be $25 off! So for $50 you can have the unrestricted Euro flash (includes return shipping)... and the more aggressive flash will be $75 (including return shipping).

Also, to further sweeten the deal, all flashes purchased through the forums for that time period will be registered to win a $50 Best Buy gift card! At the end of the promo, I will put all the ECU serial numbers in a hat, draw one and the winner will get a $50 Best Buy discount code to use online! Or if you want the actual physical hard card, I can send it to you if you prefer. Or if you don't have a Best Buy near or don't like Best Buy, or for whatever reason, I will simply refund you $50 via PayPal.

You don't have to send in your ECU right away either, if you want to pay in advance and send in your ECU later time/date to sort of lock in the price, you can. I keep very good and extensive records of everything so you won't get lost in the system, I promise.

If you would like to do this, please send me a PM with your PayPal email address and I will send out a custom invoice to your PayPal to pay when you're ready. Also, please include which flash you want, if you want the pair valve FI light eliminator (free) and if you have any special requests (14,123 RPM rev limiter, no fuel cut elimination, no top speed governor removal, etc).
So as it stands right now guys, you have a VERY good chance at winning...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

How long is turnaround time if i am in CA..... I cant afford to have my bike down for more than a week currently.

Or is there a way to get a ECU and ship you mine?
post #3 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen4Gunner View Post
How long is turnaround time if i am in CA..... I cant afford to have my bike down for more than a week currently.

Or is there a way to get a ECU and ship you mine?
Turn around time (from when I get your ECU to when you get it) is usually 1 day. I flash them the day I get them and send them back overnight that day. So if you overnight it to me (through USPS it's about $25) you'll have it back very quickly. It's usually a 2-3 day process from the moment you pull your ECU to when you are putting it back in; it just depends on how fast you get it to me.
More info can be found here: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786

If you can't afford any downtime, I do offer a core exchange service where basically I ship you a pre-flashed ECU, pre-paid return shipping packaging and you install the flashed ECU, drop in your stock one into my mailer and send it back. The price comes out to be the same in the end due to a refundable core deposit but up front it's more. Again everything is overnighted (to you and from you) so you get your core fee back very quickly. For more info on that you can check out the thread here: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234769

-Anthony

post #4 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 07:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

4th Gen ECU Flash Sale and Giveaway!

Hi, I read your offerings in your link, but didn't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been asked already.
Can you do the timing bump like the Guhl flash does?
Other than that it looks like you can do everything else from what I read. I'm asking because I had both of my gen4's flashed by Dynotronics, back in 2011. Very long story there (can be found in the "Dynotronics Reflash Nightmare" thread). Anyway, the bike that wasn't screwed up got tuned and has a slip on, but still pops a bit on decel. I had to replace the ECU in other bike and then had Guhl reflash it and have been very happy with it. Only thing that could've been better would be the cost of the reflash (which btw, I really like that you don't think you should charge an arm and a leg to do your service).
The only differences performance wise between the two bikes are that the Guhl flashed bike has a full system and is un-tuned, and the Dynotronics flashed bike has a slip on and has been tuned (Both have the pair system removed with block off plates installed). The Guhl bike definitely feels to have a bit more power to me through the entire rev range, though this is unconfirmed on the dyno as of yet, and may or may not be due to the header design, or a combo of that and the flash.
The slip on bike was dyno'd at 170 to the wheel, and though it feels fast, I'm certain it has more to give.
Basically I just want to get the timing increase on the slip on bike, and possibly get rid of the popping, or the majority of it. Can you do that, and would I be advised to re-tune afterward?
I don't know the extent of the "tronics" reflash, and whether the pair system removal was part of it, though I can say I don't have any lights on the dash since physically eliminating it.
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.

Last edited by STEALTH-FIGHTER; 07-24-2014 at 08:10 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I'm very familiar with the Dynotronics fiasco... I was a lurker back then and had "issues" with them as well. But yes, I do the timing bump in my flashes. About the only thing Guhl can do that I can't is; turn the fan on sooner and disable the pair valve electronically. To counter that last point I do bundle in a pair valve bypass connector for free so if you do the block off plates you simply plug it into the bike harness and viola no FI light. So that last point is kind of moot as you can also block if off by capping the large line on the left coming from the airbox going to the KLEEN system and not have to do plates at all.

But if you already have the block offs done, the flash will help even further with the fueling changes as well as fuel cut being removed since that helps a little with the popping. I always suggest additional tuning to everyone who goes through me, just because Bike A is going to differ from Bike B in terms of what it wants to see. The fueling is a step in the right direction. That being said, people have been running my flash with the fueling for over a year with no additional tuning and not had any issues with running too lean/rich. A few examples I can give you of people who've ran my flash and went out for dyno tuning afterwards are as follows. Remember, dynos are going to vary shop to shop and bike to bike.

El Paso - 2013, custom megaphone slip On (with cat), Filter - 173 post flash, 176 after dyno tuning.
Minneapolis - 2013, Slip On (Yoshi), Filter(?) - 180 post flash, 185 after dyno tuning (SAE scale)
Minneapolis - 2014, Slip on (M4 slayer), BMC filter - 180 post flash, 184.2 after dyno tuning (SAE)
Minneapolis - 2012, Akra Slip on, - 180 post flash, 185 after dyno tuning (SAE)
All three Minneapolis bikes were all tuned on the same dyno, in the same shop by the same tech (Doug Lofgren of Ducati fame). So STD numbers (which everyone seems to cite as their WHP) puts those bikes in the 187-188 range. So would you be fine running just the flash? Yeah, but you'd really get the most out of the bike when it's fine tuned around the flash. I always say it's like buying a suit; getting it off the rack you can wear it and it will be fine and serve it's purpose. But once you have it tailored to you, then that suit really stands out and grabs attention.

:::EDIT::: Forgot to add, the dyno used on the last three bikes was a DynaPro S125-LC (Eddy brake)... not too sure on the first one out of El Paso.

Last edited by ZX10RArcher; 07-24-2014 at 09:15 PM.
post #6 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ok, I figured as much about the re-tuning. Guess I just wanted to hear that I could save some cash there
The guy that tuned my slip on bike is the only one I know and trust to do so, locally. He had to sell his dyno a while back, unfortunately. Just wasn't making enough money with it to justify owning it, since his landlord only allowed him to use it on the weekends and the facility he's at also had complaints from neighboring businesses about the noise.
That's why I never had the Guhl flashed bike tuned. Really wanted to compare them on the same dyno with the same tuner too.
I'm not too concerned with the early fan setting. I've found that silicone lines and swapping in engine ice coolant tend to keep heat levels lower by 5-10 degree's on average.
Guess I'll just have to decide if it's worth the extra 10 or so HP, and TC on the fly, finding another tuner, etc., before proceeding with the flash.
Thanks for the help! I know where I'm sending mine if I decide to do it now.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #7 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
Guess I'll just have to decide if it's worth the extra 10 or so HP, and TC on the fly, finding another tuner, etc.,
Absolutely worth it. Don't even hesitate man, just do it. It really makes that much difference. Archer is top notch guy and highly recommended.

I had Archer flash my ECU a while ago when his price was much higher and I don't regret it one bit. Before the flash, when I had my two bros shortie, I had my bike dyno tuned. It made 177hp I think. I had since changed to AR and got a map from Rich but was having crazy decel popping. I loaded my dyno tuned map and my auto tuner went to work for me correcting it. Now, I hardly have any popping... occasionally one or two pops (on the track). Don't know what your set up is, but I'd be happy to give you my map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
So, I get a plus one for at least CHECKING the oil???!!!

oh, I did have to add distilled water to the reservoir as it was empty. Thought that odd as it was over full mark when brand new
post #8 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 11:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo7maid View Post
Absolutely worth it. Don't even hesitate man, just do it. It really makes that much difference. Archer is top notch guy and highly recommended.

I had Archer flash my ECU a while ago when his price was much higher and I don't regret it one bit. Before the flash, when I had my two bros shortie, I had my bike dyno tuned. It made 177hp I think. I had since changed to AR and got a map from Rich but was having crazy decel popping. I loaded my dyno tuned map and my auto tuner went to work for me correcting it. Now, I hardly have any popping... occasionally one or two pops (on the track). Don't know what your set up is, but I'd be happy to give you my map.

I appreciate it. Gonna have to give it more thought though. Gotta weigh out the cost vs the benefit.
It's fueling is incredibly smooth right now. My tuner made sure of that. Just has some popping on decel, but honestly I've gotten used to it..
The re-tuning would be the most expensive part, not to mention having to find another tuner that I trust to re-map my bike.

What is best in life?..
post #9 of 23 Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Got a BMC race filter, PCV+SFM, AR GP2 w/link on that bike.

What is best in life?..
post #10 of 23 Old 07-25-2014, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
facility he's at also had complaints from neighboring businesses about the noise.
Thats the same thing we had to account for when we started putting our business plan together to submit to the bank. We had to find three different properties in town that were zoned correctly and neighbors/businesses wouldn't have any issues with noise ordinances if we stayed in town. If we went out of town, then it was a non-issue but so was driving distance to get to the shop which could then possibly impact business. Pain in the ass haha... They actually shut down the motocross track around here thats been there for 15 years that people built houses around. The track was there first, people moved in and built houses, complained about the noises and the track got shut down by the county since it was outside city limits; that's crap.

Anyways, I do also have PCV maps from 10s I've worked on that you're welcome to try as well if you ever do decide to do the flash. Not pressuring you or trying to convince you lol. Just leaving another door open for you down the road. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.