California Bill AB 51 Codifying Lane Splitting To Be Introduced To Committee - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 Old 06-18-2016, 11:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I can't follow this thread, But... Splitting is as safe as the rider Rider pays intense attention to All details, and that rider is safe.
Pitty the rider that stays in a lane (between bumpers).
White Fang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 Old 06-27-2016, 08:48 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
The biggest issue with lane splitting is the cost to educate all the brain dead cagers.
Not at all. Just a simple law allowing two wheels to share a lane leaving it to the rider to determine safety factors.
post #43 of 49 Old 06-27-2016, 08:51 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
Well I don't know how bad the hooligans are where you live, but they are bad around here. Just last week some guy, 29, hit the guard rail on his 636 and flew over the side, plummeting 100ft down into a park where kids were playing. Witnesses said it took him about 10 minutes to actually die after hitting the ground. Nice day in the park for the kiddies. Sad, but that crap happens a lot because the squids haul ass and blaze through cage traffic causing wrecks. Ever been given a haircut by a dumbfuck doing 150mph past you in your car? It startles the crap out of you.
I think the restricted bikes with all the electronics are just the beginning of the end. License restrictions are coming, at the very least. Way too many incidents on superbikes for Mother Goose to keep ignoring.
You don't ride. I ride all the time and often never see a moto or when I do they're double on a hog/wing. What really bothers me is that political Marxist-fascists read your comment and love your wide doorway inviting Orwell.

post #44 of 49 Old 06-27-2016, 09:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
You don't ride. I ride all the time and often never see a moto or when I do they're double on a hog/wing. What really bothers me is that political Marxist-fascists read your comment and love your wide doorway inviting Orwell.
My experience is the same as scout's. In fact I just did one of my 250-mile loops today, 120 miles of freeway, much of it intensely urban, 125 miles of national parks with almost no one on the road, all twists. Hardly saw a motorcycle, think I saw maybe six bikes on the whole 125 miles and maybe a couple of dozen (including my good friends the CHP and Sheriff motors) motorcycles on the freeways.

I rode into downtown Los Angeles for the heck of it the other day, hardly any bikes, I split lanes most of the way. Got behind some kind of a gigantic fat cruiser bike with an equally gigantic guy riding it, he cleared the way for me. I was on a CB1100 Honda, very narrow, great for splitting lanes. It was funny to watch this big tub of a bike clearing the cars by barely inches on each side. He left so much room in his wake two bikes like mine could have easily passed through.

And pretty much no one gave a rat's ass, many motorists moved over for us. np as scout says, or FAB as the Thunderbirds say.

Sturm und Drang

Last edited by White Fang; 06-27-2016 at 09:53 PM.
post #45 of 49 Old 06-28-2016, 11:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Scout this might be the most ignorant thing Ive ever seen you post.
I don't ride??? LMAO!!! I ride almost every day. Usually 20-50 miles, all in the city. I see more dumbfuckery on bikes than I'd like to. And it isn't just sport bikes. Hardley-Ablesons with straight pipes going WOT making 60hp barely passing me at 75mph. People LOVE that.
Orwell? Ha! We are 100% full blown Orwellian right now my friend. Tele-screen in every room, on every device, wireless connected to the cloud. Big Brother IS watching, AND recording. Thought Police, Doublespeak, Newspeak, etc its ALL here in full swing. Arm yourself and make your peace.
White Fang and blitze like this.

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
post #46 of 49 Old 07-01-2016, 01:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Not at all. Just a simple law allowing two wheels to share a lane leaving it to the rider to determine safety factors.
You live in Cali where cager's are use to bikes lane splitting. In Arizona if you lane split someone will try to kill you. So in Arizona the cost to educate the cager's will be very high.
Johns04ZX10R likes this.
post #47 of 49 Old 07-02-2016, 04:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
You live in Cali where cager's are use to bikes lane splitting. In Arizona if you lane split someone will try to kill you. So in Arizona the cost to educate the cager's will be very high.
Well, at least you have less traffic, for the most part, and awesome roads.

Sturm und Drang
post #48 of 49 Old 07-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
That is the problem with lane splitting and states that have never had laws for it. The populace would need to be educated, and it would take a LONG time to do so. In the mean time, the dead/injured motorcylists would pile up, road rage incidents would go way up, and LE would have to spend a lot of their shift going to those calls. I'm not saying that it is not a good law, it's just for states that have never had the law it would be problematic.
Lane splitting in Texas, for instance, is only illegal because there's a law on the books that no two vehicles can share the same lane at the same time. That's what I read last year when I was looking into it. So it's not that lane splitting is outlined as being illegal specifically, it's just to lane split you'd have to break another law. If Texas just dropped that law about lane sharing then lane splitting would be legal by proxy, not because there was a law saying we could do it but because by doing the act lane splitting we aren't breaking any other laws.
post #49 of 49 Old 07-03-2016, 06:23 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

At low speed traffic or stopped at intersections, splitting is what I do. At normal posted speeds, no. Some do and some bikes will overtake with traffic oncoming at the same time expecting cars to pull over for them as they ride the center of the road. That I don't do or like. Recently a biker clipped a car doing this because he was impatient and pushing his luck with the space available. Came off and landed on the wrong side of the road in front of a van who stopped in time but the truck behind didn't. The truck carried the van over the riders body killing him.

Sad for the van driver and trucker. Never take cagers forgranted.
Johns04ZX10R likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.