2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R vs. 2011 BMW S1000RR Shootout Part 2: Hitting the Streets - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Its an amazing bike, but its a PAIN-IN-THE-REAR to get set up! The 2011 ZX10 is rock solid everywhere. My Beemer is an animal but feels loose. I got the ZX10 brand new and the BMW used maybe thats why, but my god talk about a diva!!! In august im gonna totally break the beemer down and get it all checked out and maybe it will feel better, but yea there is something special about riding and being seen on the s1000...just ask my wife about the comments she indured at Daytona lol

gotta kill capt stupid!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by etplotter View Post
No offense to everybody here, but who cares what magazine says this bike is better than this one?... I could have bought the new ducati, but instead bought my ninja... I didn't do it because I think the Kawi is a better bike... I bought it because I want to make this bike mine... I plan on customizing and doing things I want to do... I want parts available and if needed mechanics that can do work that I can't... it's the availability of parts and service that made me get a Kawi... bang for the buck... absolutely... plus... I had a duc before... and I can tell you it spent more time in the shop than carving roads... as for BMW... from one side it's a great looking bike... from the other it's a nice looking bike... from the front it's ugly as hell... IMHO i like the look, parts availability and service... that can't be had with German, or Italian manufactured bikes...

I couldn't agree more. It's not about the reviews and what others think. It's what I (or you) want and are willing to pull out the wallet for.

I mean take for instance Starbucks coffee.
Sure, there are other fine coffee houses that provide fine Arabic coffee beans with a plethora of flavors and chocolates flown in from other countries like Sweeden, France, Italy. And yes, Starbucks Venit Mocha Latte has a slightly higher bitter dark roast after taste after each indulging sip. And yes some like the other establishments. But let's be honest with ourselves and think outside the box. Let's take for example a date: Hey babe, wanna grab coffee at 7/11 or mabye hit up Dennys for some fine coffee?

No, of course one wouldn't do that, uh duh.
the first thing that comes to mind is Starbucks. It's a place where one goes not just for the coffee but to bask in the ambience that captivates our senses. It's where you want to be seen, meet up, hang out, study, before or after work for a pick me up.
So by the same token, that's why I (well "we" for that matter) chose the
ZX-10R. It comes down to the captivating and enticing emmotions that it entails.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #23 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post

I couldn't agree more. It's not about the reviews and what others think. It's what I (or you) want and are willing to pull out the wallet for.

Sure, there are other fine coffee houses that provide fine Arabic coffee beans with a plethora of flavors and chocolates flown in from other countries like Sweeden, France, Italy. And yes, Starbucks Venit Mocha Latte has a slightly higher bitter dark roast after taste after each indulging sip. And yes some like the other establishments. But let's be honest with ourselves and think outside the box. Let's take for example a date: Hey babe, wanna grab coffee at 7/11 or mabye hit up Dennys for some fine coffee?

the first thing that comes to mind is Starbucks. It's a place where one goes not just for the coffee but to bask in the ambience that captivates our senses. It's where you want to be seen, meet up, hang out, study, before or after work for a pick me up.
ZX-10R. It comes down to the captivating and enticing emmotions that it entails.
SAY WHAT

gotta kill capt stupid!!!

post #24 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post

Lmao full of win riighchea' haha

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-current
http://youtu.be/QAGMRHocHAM
This is what happens when I get bored and dont have to go to work lol
post #25 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Um. so ya'll didn't get any of that? Shall I go into further detail and elaborate?

I would be more that glad too.

Anything for my fellow riders.

12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel

post #26 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Um. so ya'll didn't get any of that? Shall I go into further detail and elaborate?

I would be more that glad too.

Anything for my fellow riders.

12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel

post #27 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Please, do elaborate.

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-current
post #28 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiforlife13 View Post
Its an amazing bike, but its a PAIN-IN-THE-REAR to get set up! The 2011 ZX10 is rock solid everywhere. My Beemer is an animal but feels loose. I got the ZX10 brand new and the BMW used maybe thats why, but my god talk about a diva!!! In august im gonna totally break the beemer down and get it all checked out and maybe it will feel better, but yea there is something special about riding and being seen on the s1000...just ask my wife about the comments she indured at Daytona lol
You have both? I can only imagine. Good for you, enjoy yourself.
post #29 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
Please, do elaborate.
Please don't encourage him :D

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #30 of 31 Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I cant help it haha

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-current
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.