2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R vs. 2011 BMW S1000RR Shootout - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 53 Old 03-22-2011, 12:11 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

I would take either! Stock bikes are few and far between, so pipe PC and tune each accordingly and get them on the track, same rider same day. BRAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd still prefer the 10R. It's one of a kind on the road in green. It's eye candy for both COPS and Chicks, both dig it and want it, riders included.

Last edited by zxrunner; 03-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.
post #13 of 53 Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

^^^you sound like a south florida bling bling bike night type of person

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC The Doctor View Post
At the end of the day I think it comes down to the rider, yes it's been proven the BMW has more hp but I've seen great riders beat better bikes.

Stupid US regulations
Amen, def. all about whos sitting on it!

post #14 of 53 Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

For some reason I cant take this test seriously! They had OEM BT016's on the bike which are fairly crap even on a 600 and then they mention that they didnt have the traction control kick in. I dont think they were doing much with the right hand.......
post #15 of 53 Old 03-25-2011, 03:49 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgup1 View Post
For some reason I cant take this test seriously! They had OEM BT016's on the bike which are fairly crap even on a 600 .....
Agreed. That's why I just bought a set of Dunlop Q2's for my 2011 10R.

Melburnians - if you need your car or bike repaired and/or painted, feel free to get in touch. I happen to know a guy.....
post #16 of 53 Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=csgup1;1617503] They had OEM BT016's on the bike which are fairly crap even on a 600

I guess it's all down to how your bike is set-up and how you ride,because personally I don't have a problem with the BT016's.Just put my second set on.
To me they heat up quick and are very grippy and give me good feedback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0764.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	145549

Area P slip-on & link pipe,De-catted Headers,PCV & Autotune,Ivans block off plates,K & N filter,X-Tre,Driven Superlite sprockets,+2 rear,stock front,520 conversion,V4 Speedohealer,Servo motor eliminator,Re-valved Ohlins damper,Spiegler front brake lines,Zero Gravity SR dark smoke screen,Stompgrip tank pads,ZX-6 rear cowl,and more to come.

Speed dosen't kill,it's the sudden stop!!!
post #17 of 53 Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Look dont get ne wrong but. I luv kawi (and hate the S100rr too be honet) Lets face it we loose again. At least in stock trim. My question is why do people keep referencing the EPA restrictions. Doesnt the BMW have to meet the same regulations?
post #18 of 53 Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
For the Euro Model Ninja vs the BMW they share the same maxium torque, at different engine speeds, In the Fast Bikes Original Dyno data this was evident. Both the Max Torque matched in this Dyno Chart as expected. BMW then contacted Fast Bikes and now the Dyno Chart and Top Speed Charts have been redrawn or adjusted. The original FAST BIKES test DATA exposed the myth of the BMW having 186hp, it exposes that the BMW does not have RAM air, it exposed that any BMW with more torqure than the 2011 NINJA ZX-10R has the Power Boost Kit ECU fitted. When fitted with this KIT ECU it does not pass the EPA or the European Noise test.
Kawasaki has designed the Ninja to pass both the EPA and European Noise tests. This by a different ECU for each market.

When I see a BMW with more Torqure than the NINJA I recognise that Power Boost ECU is fitted. See this site below for the original FAST BIKE Data. See the Motociclismo test data. Both have the Ninja with more power. Remember the Ninja has RAM air the BMW does not, the BMW needs a lot more power to make up the 10hp the RAM provides.

Not all BMW customers have this non standard ECU fitted, not all BMW customers are aware this non stock part has been fitted to their bike!

This is why we see lots of varying dyno figures for the the BMW, there is a US/Canada specs BMW on Youtube with 167.9hp, a US Spec NINJA on the same dyno has 159.9hp, so in a dymanic test the Kawasaki with less power could pass this stock BMW. Kawasaki has strong dynamic power. Remember to always switch off the Traction before dynoing.

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33626
What do you mean the BMW doesnt have ram air. If it has a scoop in the front it has ram air. Ram air is only air being forced into the intake because of the speed of the bike. If anything our ram air is cut down when those stupid butterflies close but I a small screw driver and an hour or two will fix that. LOL
post #19 of 53 Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The aftermarket BT016's are great mate! its the OEM bt016 that are crap. Different tyre.
post #20 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 08:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

^^^That pic is of my OEM tyre,haven't had a chance to chop into the newies yet,but can't feel any difference yet.

Area P slip-on & link pipe,De-catted Headers,PCV & Autotune,Ivans block off plates,K & N filter,X-Tre,Driven Superlite sprockets,+2 rear,stock front,520 conversion,V4 Speedohealer,Servo motor eliminator,Re-valved Ohlins damper,Spiegler front brake lines,Zero Gravity SR dark smoke screen,Stompgrip tank pads,ZX-6 rear cowl,and more to come.

Speed dosen't kill,it's the sudden stop!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.