Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Wiring mess! What do people do??

Gen 5: 2016-20 
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Juh@ 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of converting my bike over for an event later in the year and, as above, what do I do with all the wiring on the clutch side under the bar? I cant see how I can make a nice job of it as there is no obvious way to mount the reg/rec and the assorted relays etc, in a race fairing. I have seen some of the threads on here but many swap over to the race harness but this isn't an option form me. Any input is welcome, cheers!

#2 ·
While I have a Gen 4 I dont believe there are many/any differences in regards to wiring underneath the clutch side panel. When I take my bike to the track with race fairings I just duct tape/tuck the regulator/rectifier into the race fairings. Ive done it for a handful or so of trackdays and never had an issue (not saying you wont as this isnt the most secure way, but I havent had issues with it).

I have heard of 1 person screwing right into their race bodywork, its not too unsightly with 2 bolt heads sticking out from the bodywork. Another person flipped the metal bracket and mounted it to the frame where the OEM fairing bolts to, in the middle of the bodywork.

One option I may try is using velcro to hold it to the race bodywork, which wouldn't be in the way of mounting it back onto the stock bodywork with the bracket.

#4 ·
that reminds me, I have seen someone use double side tape and stick the Reg/rec onto the radiator on top right near the OEM mounting. Not sure what they did for the fuse box but my guess would be they just zip tied it to some other wires close by, its a light weight box so its not a big problem to deal with.

#6 · (Edited)
Note: Pics uploaded in the wrong positions. ok so the 1st pic (now last) is a terrible fiche pic of the bracket I used from a Gen 3 right side fairing bracket. The 2nd pic (now 1st) is the actual bracket used that is on my Gen 3. The 3rd pic (2nd) is it installed on my Gen 5. In the red oval is where I bent it in the opposite direction. I had to experiment a few times to get the angle correct. I bolted it to the Radiator fan mount. Then the top part of the bracket had to be bent slightly to make level with the OEM Rec/Relay bracket. The last pic (3rd pic)shows where it is thru bolted. Even with pics its still a little difficult to explain but hope it helped a little.

Bike is kind of apart right now with no wheels and up against a wall so I cant really move it out for better pics. And waiting to get my forks back from Thermosmann.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.