Well, it's time for my GEN 5 build. - Page 9 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 119 Old 04-15-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

They worked really well on a smooth track, we'll see what happens when I get them on the Canadian bumps.
Boxtradamus and EddyR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 119 Old 04-17-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

So I was given a map from another rider when testing and I went to take a look at what was done and discovered that you can have 4 of the same map in the TC settings. So TC level 4 can actually be TC level one map but altered. The old bike this wasn't possible and because of this I need to get my switches back on the handlebar. The pro-taper perch doesn't work because it's built to clear just a kill switch on a dirtbike so I had to make some "modifications" until I can get a new switch or if I do.

There's no remote brake adjuster there yet either. I'll eat crow and say that I wasn't able to get comfortable with my 19x18 master, it's too hard to modulate properly. The other rider I was testing with had a 19rcs set to 20 and he's got no problems with it. The lever is just too firm for me so I've ordered a 17rcs which moves the adjuster cable.
post #83 of 119 Old 04-20-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

post #84 of 119 Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
So I was given a map from another rider when testing and I went to take a look at what was done and discovered that you can have 4 of the same map in the TC settings. So TC level 4 can actually be TC level one map but altered.
Did you have the kit ecu on the gen4? Because you can load TC level 1 on all 3 modes and adjust -5 to +5 for each. TC level 1 with 0 adjustment is equivalent to the OEM TC level 1
post #85 of 119 Old 04-21-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Did you have the kit ecu on the gen4? Because you can load TC level 1 on all 3 modes and adjust -5 to +5 for each. TC level 1 with 0 adjustment is equivalent to the OEM TC level 1
I did and didn't find anywhere saying that was possible and it surely didn't feel that way.

Edit: well maybe I should open my damn eyes! That would have changed a few strategies for me. It's there and worded in very terrible engrish.

Last edited by dricked; 04-22-2017 at 09:11 AM.
post #86 of 119 Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Well that 17rcs did the trick! I can't believe how good the front end feels on this bike. The brakes are just fantastic, the ohlins FKR cartridge has a great feel when you're really hard on the brakes and deep in the stroke. I can't wait to see what happens when I throw on my Evol triples!

I'm trying out the Carbon Lorraine C60 pad this year and so far I like them a lot. Good initial bite, easy to modulate, and no fade. I'll see how well they hold up after 22 laps but so far so good.

I had some issues with the on off throttle being too touchy last weekend and forgot my laptop so I didn't get to adfust anything to try and fix it. I did switch to the longest throw reel in my Robby Moto throttle which helped a lot but it's still not quite there. A little tweaking in my ETV settings and we'll be good. I need to play with the TC/WC settings too. I could do with a bit less TC and a little more WC in 1st and 2nd gear just to get a better drive out of a tight hairpin.

One picture of my "test" setup. My d-air suit isn't back yet and my second helmet isn't available here yet. I've also got a proper decal kit coming from Drippinwet for my second set of bodywork to get rid of the the slapped on sticker look.
SkyDork and moto316 like this.

Last edited by dricked; 04-29-2017 at 10:51 AM.
post #87 of 119 Old 05-01-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Speaking with my ohlins tech (so nice to have support!) and there's a valving change coming for the shock and a possible spring swap. I've had a bottoming issue and started to have a bit of wallowing in some sections even being a solid 3s off pace. Hopefully the weather changes for the upcoming weekend or I won't be able to test it out.
post #88 of 119 Old 05-01-2017, 06:20 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I love this thread. I eagerly look forward to each update. Looking great!
dricked likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #89 of 119 Old 05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

So RCS17 is the correct pairing for the M50 calipers? I've been under impression that RCS17 is for single caliper bikes. Is the OEM master insufficient? What's the drawback of a typical 19x18?

Last edited by Lanister; 05-01-2017 at 07:13 PM.
post #90 of 119 Old 05-01-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
So RCS17 is the correct pairing for the M50 calipers? Is the OEM master insufficient? What's the drawback of a typical 19x18?
I will say that you could use a 19x18 but there's no feel. The lever is rock hard and when trail braking it's very hard to modulate. There's a rider that's quite a bit faster than me that uses an rcs19 set at 20 and he seems to like it but for me I just had a hard time and kept putting the back of the bike up in the air far too easily. Oem master, never tried it on the track. I had my spare 19x18 in the trailer and tossed it on before really trying the oem setup. Besides, who wants to keep anything oem ;)
Lanister likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.