Never Done a Trackday? (Florida Riders) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Never Done a Trackday? (Florida Riders)

Is there anyone in here from Florida hasn't ever done a trackday?

I've posted this before, but it was a while ago. I thought I would post it again.

There is a program with the Florida Department of Transportation that works with the Florida State University Police Department (who put together a "Motorsports Team") to put together ideas that could have a positive impact on motorcycle related fatalities here in Florida.

One of those is this program, geared toward introducing street riders to the world of trackdays. Aimed at taking the typical sportbike rider (we all were at one time) that is flying down the highways and getting them to the track. Showing them what it's about and how much fun it is. While teaching them how to be better riders both on the street and on the track. As with most of us, we notice how different the safety aspects are when comparing the 2.

We've been doing the program for a couple years now. We do about 6-7 events per year. And so far it's been a HUGE success. The groups are kept very small in order to maximize the instructor to rider ratio. Which allows the riders to excel VERY quickly.

We typically have between 4-8 riders per day. And we'll usually have between 4-5 instructors. Obviously this varies depending on the track, event, etc...

MANY riders advance to intermediate on the same day. We have quite a few that are now running advanced times, with in just a couple trackdays of doing their first one. We have a couple that are taking the leap into racing. And we wish them a lot of luck and hope to be there with them every step of the way!

As part of the program DOT/FSUPD pays for about half of the entry fees. We do all of your bike prep, walk you through the registration and tech inspection process. We then ride with you on the track and work with you between sessions off the track. We provide you with water, chairs, tents, video, etc... for the day of the event. You have to provide your bike, obtain gear (buy, borrow or rent), pay half your entry fee and get yourself to and from the track.

The next event we have is May 27th and 28th at JenningsGP, the event is hosted by Southern Trackdays. If you or you know someone interested in participating, please have them send a message to the FSUPD Motorsports Team Page and that will get them on the list.

If you/they have any questions, they can send at questions to that page, or read a little more about it here: www.tracklife308.com/newrider.

So if you all would, share with any friends that you think might be interested in participating in this.

Thank you!

MrMoto73 and th3r3ds0x like this.

Last edited by Niner1000RR; 03-29-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 07:15 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Guys if your in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, your not too far from Jennings to take advantage of this. Its a great chance to learn a TON about riding. This is a chance to get one on one coaching from guys that know how to blister the pavement. Call in sick, pawn your watch, whatever takes. You WONT be sorry.
Niner1000RR likes this.

post #3 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

LOL thanks man. Unfortunately, because the program is run through the FLORIDA DOT, participants have to be Florida residents.

But, other states are looking at starting similar programs, hopefully.

post #4 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hoping to take advantage of this program in June when it is a lot closer to home. Pretty excited and hope I don't get to addicted to it
Niner1000RR likes this.

Last edited by Duhastme; 03-29-2017 at 10:28 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 09:09 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to andresmejia Send a message via MSN to andresmejia
i attend all ftd events down here also work for them on FMRRA
post #6 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmejia View Post
i attend all ftd events down here also work for them on FMRRA
Whuuuuut? I wonder if we ever crossed paths?

post #7 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to andresmejia Send a message via MSN to andresmejia
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Whuuuuut? I wonder if we ever crossed paths?
probably i haven't missed one since last year, ill be there on the 9th hopefully with the zx10 if not my faithful r6 will be there
post #8 of 14 Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Wish yall did something like this in SoCal. Ive done 2 trackdays and still would love the idea of having such a small group to really work with and teach me something. Last trackday felt like I was going backwards.

This is a great thing, really great.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #9 of 14 Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea it's been a big success to date. We do JGP, PBIR and Homestead (when FTD has them there...).

DOT seems to believe in the program and keeps extending it. Hopefully that continues.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Seems like an awesome program guys, I wish we had something like this in TN. (or a track within decent driving distance of the west side of the state for that matter) lol
Niner1000RR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.