Gen 4: 2011-2015 moto316's 2011 ZX-10R racebike build - Page 13 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 131 Old 11-07-2016, 08:36 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

It was nice meeting you out there man, congrats on your first race weekend and on the awesome results! You were FLYING!

I'm so glad you picked the last event to make your start! You would have made the season a LOT more expensive for me! LMAO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 11-07-2016, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
It was nice meeting you out there man, congrats on your first race weekend and on the awesome results! You were FLYING!

I'm so glad you picked the last event to make your start! You would have made the season a LOT more expensive for me! LMAO!
Thanks man it was good meeting you too, should see you this weekend at Jennings btw.

Haha yea you need to open up your pocketbook and run some newer take offs for FMRRA next year so we can have some good battles and push each other, it got lonely up there once the experts checked out!
Niner1000RR likes this.
post #123 of 131 Old 05-05-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Had another good race weekend last Sunday at Jennings GP. Didn't bother showing up Saturday to practice and qualify, I was ok with starting at the back of the grid since my last few races have been pretty lonely and I was hoping to work on some passing, saving 500+ dollars on tires and hotel was a plus as well.

My first race was a 12 lap grande corsa, there were only 4 of us on the grid I believe, ran take offs from my previous Jennings track day and just used the race as a practice for the upcoming sprints in the afternoon.

Second race was Superstock 1000 sprint. Was gridded 13th out of 16 or so after a few 600 guys decided to register the day of. Had a great start but got spooked at the end of turn 1 and ended up running off track for a bit before rejoining. Worked my way up to 5th overall and 1st in class before the race got red flagged on the second to last lap. I felt I had the pace to pass the two experts in front of me and nab 3rd overall but it wasn't in the cards.

https://youtu.be/YtRLlLUbkZI

Last race was Superbike 1000 sprint. Another great start, didn't run off this time and was 5th overall at the end of the first lap. Made a few attempts at grabbing 4th before I finally made it stick braking into T1

https://youtu.be/3JVqnQl0qqw
peterd10r and Lanister like this.

post #124 of 131 Old 05-05-2017, 01:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Very nice blipping and downshifting dude! :)
post #125 of 131 Old 05-05-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
Very nice blipping and downshifting dude! :)
thanks man!
post #126 of 131 Old 05-18-2017, 01:23 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
whew that was intense, i think i'd have run out of my natural hair color if i had as much grip issues as you seemed to have on that day
post #127 of 131 Old 06-10-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, all good things must come to an end, and such is the case with my 2011.

Attended my last round of FMRRA for this year at PBIR back in May. First two races went great, placed first, broke class lap records, etc.

The last race of the day was the Superbike 1000 sprint, top 3 overall got paid cash prizes so there was a little more incentive for me to push a little harder. Made the pass into 4th overall into Turn 9 and began working on reeling in the BMW sitting in 3rd overall. Tucked the front in the middle of 9 and the bike slid and then flipped. I came away relatively unscathed, ankle and ass cheek were a little banged up for a few days but thats it.

Still kind of perplexed as to why the pirelli front gave out but it is what it is. It had close to 40+ laps on it but it didn't give me any hint of a warning all day such as I've experienced in the past with a heavily worn front.

The bike unfortunately didn't fair too well, when it flipped and landed on the left side the mounting point for the bodywork took a direct hit and punctured the frame.

I managed to find a no title frame on ebay for super cheap with plans on rebuilding it butttt then I came across one of these

Stay tuned...
post #128 of 131 Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
RIP your gen 4. On to newer and better things it looks like though.

Have you decided on the fate of the bike yet?
post #129 of 131 Old 06-11-2017, 02:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry about your crash. Didnt look like you did anything wrong.
What i found interesting is your bike is fully kitted but i noticed you still get alot of the issues that i get.
On the gas out of corners it looks terribly unsettled and on the long corners its breaking traction alot.
I was shocked you lost the front as it always looks like its the rears about to let go
Glad your ok
post #130 of 131 Old 06-12-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBoCC2 View Post
RIP your gen 4. On to newer and better things it looks like though.

Have you decided on the fate of the bike yet?
you'll be seeing bits and pieces of her in the classifieds soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.