Georgia riders chime in!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 58 Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
Weather's ben so weird lately with isolated showers and all :( i'll post up next time i am planning for the mountains for sure!
I am planning to go to barber 8/24-25 though. Any of you guys thinking about it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yeah, I'm with you. I decided to ride to work today and it said it was gonna rain at 4PM and at 10PM. When I got to work and checked the weather, all clear.

Bastards almost prevented me from riding today with their false forecasts!

Who are you going with? STT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 Old 07-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea stupid weather!

Been with nesba couple of years but not really out of loyalty or anything just have a couple of buddies there i catch up with usually. Anyway, in August with nesba again i suppose..

post #13 of 58 Old 07-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Yea stupid weather!

Been with nesba couple of years but not really out of loyalty or anything just have a couple of buddies there i catch up with usually. Anyway, in August with nesba again i suppose..

I only ride with X-Act since theres no membership fee. Still getting my feet wet on this track thing so I only have a few track days under my belt.

post #14 of 58 Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ah i'm pretty much just out there having a good time is all.

I saw x-act has a date in Nov this year @ Barber and that's a little too late. Last time i did this people kept falling like bags of potatoes all day long cause it's cold early in the am and late pm lol

August should be damn near perfect though! As long as we get a break from the rain anyway :)

This reminds me, i gotta hit up Mike@ridersdiscount for some new rotors cause mine warped last track day :(

post #15 of 58 Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Ah i'm pretty much just out there having a good time is all.

I saw x-act has a date in Nov this year @ Barber and that's a little too late. Last time i did this people kept falling like bags of potatoes all day long cause it's cold early in the am and late pm lol

August should be damn near perfect though! As long as we get a break from the rain anyway :)

This reminds me, i gotta hit up Mike@ridersdiscount for some new rotors cause mine warped last track day :(

They also have one in early September that I'll likely attend.

Can't beat 100 dollars....
post #16 of 58 Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Xact runs at little tally, right? Now that I have a full suit I'd like to get out and try a trackday one of these days.

May need to get the wife's 6R up and running for the first one though... Would hate for something to happen to my 10! :)

Those that are:
2005 ZX10R
2002 ZX6R

Those that were:
06 Speed 3, 07 Tuono, 02 YZF-R1, 97 TL1000S, 95 CBR900RR, 94 CBR600F2, 93 FZR600R, 95 RF900R, 00 GS500E
post #17 of 58 Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
They also have one in early September that I'll likely attend.

Can't beat 100 dollars....
Yea saw that and before i got too excited i noticed that it was sold out :-( price is def right!

post #18 of 58 Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondGen7 View Post
Xact runs at little tally, right? Now that I have a full suit I'd like to get out and try a trackday one of these days.

May need to get the wife's 6R up and running for the first one though... Would hate for something to happen to my 10! :)
Dude, what happens to your 10 on the track is entirely up to you... as long as you pay attention and know your limits you'll be just fine :)

post #19 of 58 Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Dude, what happens to your 10 on the track is entirely up to you... as long as you pay attention and know your limits you'll be just fine :)

Yeah, excellent point. Certainly more (completely) 'in my control' than a typical trip to the mtns ... which doesn't stop me from doing that.

Practically speaking, how insane is it to consider riding to/fro an event? I realize that riding on the track takes its toll, but is it really any worse/harder than a 300+ mile day in the mountains?

Those that are:
2005 ZX10R
2002 ZX6R

Those that were:
06 Speed 3, 07 Tuono, 02 YZF-R1, 97 TL1000S, 95 CBR900RR, 94 CBR600F2, 93 FZR600R, 95 RF900R, 00 GS500E
post #20 of 58 Old 08-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Heading to the NGA mountains tomorrow ... finally get to break in the new (to me) bike right. If anyone else gets out, ride safe! And maybe we'll cross paths @ Riders Hill.

Those that are:
2005 ZX10R
2002 ZX6R

Those that were:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.