New guy to the Kawi Family - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
New guy to the Kawi Family

Whats up guys, Just picked up a brand new 2016 KRT ZX-10R, Came from a 2015 R6 and before that I had a 2006 R6 but i have been riding since 2009 but took a break for about 3 years when i joined up, soooo this is my first liter bike. Deff learning how to ride all over again, cant twist the throttle the way i used to haha.

A little about me; Im a 26 year old Navy guy stationed in San Diego, been here for about 4 years, would love to meet up with some fellow ZX-10 guys here so im feel free to hit me up!

Getting ready to go to shore duty here in the next month couple months so hopefully ill get alot more time to ride!

I have been lurking on here for afew weeks and have already learned a ton, and i look forward to learning more from you guys!

Without further ado, heres my new bike:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6429.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	636.3 KB
ID:	394618   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6415.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	394634  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 11:04 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

nice looking bike welcome to the form

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #3 of 12 Old 03-19-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Performance View Post
nice looking bike welcome to the form

Thanks man! I'm super stoked this bike is a totally different animal compared to what I'm used to riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 12 Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Looking good!

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #5 of 12 Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Nice Ride!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-29-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks everyone still learning new stuff on here everyday, I figured I would post an update with everything that I've done to the bike so far. Last night I ordered a voodoo exhaust the megaphone type, just to get a little bit extra sound of the bike while I save up for for Graves system and the bauce racing flash, I got some new ASV levers (both clutch and brake). Windscreen, integrated tail light, and fender eliminator kit. Spools, frame sliders. That's it for now, just the basics for while I'm getting used to a liter bike.
This weekend I'm getting my break in service done, and I'll be having a buddy help me dial in my suspension to fit me and my riding style.
I am however having issues installing the levers, it's not as easy as my R6's were. So anyone in the San Diego area wanna lend a hand or some mentorship would be greatly appreciated

post #7 of 12 Old 03-29-2017, 09:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome mate and nice bike!enjoy your time here some great members and don't be shy with questions!ride safe man
post #8 of 12 Old 03-29-2017, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Welcome mate and nice bike!enjoy your time here some great members and don't be shy with questions!ride safe man

Thanks bro I appreciate the welcome! Any advice on installing levers on this bike? I'm having some issues and can't find any videos on YouTube and there's not a lot of how tos on here for the gen 5

post #9 of 12 Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm sorry not with the gen5 but shouldn't that much different to the gen4!Im using Brembo m/c rcs19 and also using Brembo clutch side as well!Ive always used the long levers as I find it's a better feel for brake and with the clutch better leverage imo than shorts!install is usually a simple swap but make sure you go with a recognised brand that suits your model!before Brembo I had Zeta that were good quality!get in touch on the forum with Mike from Riders Discount who will give you a good price,service and parts that fit!
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
I'm sorry not with the gen5 but shouldn't that much different to the gen4!Im using Brembo m/c rcs19 and also using Brembo clutch side as well!Ive always used the long levers as I find it's a better feel for brake and with the clutch better leverage imo than shorts!install is usually a simple swap but make sure you go with a recognised brand that suits your model!before Brembo I had Zeta that were good quality!get in touch on the forum with Mike from Riders Discount who will give you a good price,service and parts that fit!

Yea bro I got some asv levers I like the adjustability but I may end up returning them and using that money to pay for the tune they were like 130 a pop. There is just some much crap to take off and do to get them installed and I'm not about to pay the stealership 100$ to install them for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.