Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New guy here. Ukraine :)

Gen 4: 2011-15 
3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  blitze 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

Greetings from Ukraine :)

Got updated from my old GSR 600 2006 to Gen 4 ZX10R last Friday :)
Happy af, getting used to it.

Has 17500km on the clock. The only upgrade is Yoshi R77 exhaust, other than that all is stock.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Carlos,

Well, this particular one is from US. I found a seller in Poland and the bike itself did cost me $9k, but in Ukraine taxes are extremely high, so I had to pay $3k to be able to get legal.
It was really hard to find a good one, and we did inspect around 10 bikes before we get this one.

#5 ·
Welcome.

Curious to know why both of you imported from US rather than UK, as UK bikes are full power and I would have thought the less distance would mean shipping is cheaper.

You can get gen4s cheaper than 8000 Euros in UK.

Just two examples:
2012 KAWASAKI ZX10R ABS | eBay
Kawasaki ZX10 R Ninja with Akrapovic Pipe | eBay

I know not the same, but about 7 years ago I sold my 2004 R1 to a guy from Georgia (not USA) who was shipping it home and he said it was cheaper to do that than buy there.

#6 ·
Welcome.

Curious to know why both of you imported from US rather than UK, as UK bikes are full power and I would have thought the less distance would mean shipping is cheaper.

You can get gen4s cheaper than 8000 Euros in UK.

Just two examples:
2012 KAWASAKI ZX10R ABS | eBay
Kawasaki ZX10 R Ninja with Akrapovic Pipe | eBay
Well, I didn't pay anything for shipping from US (however it may be that it was included to bike price already), secondly, I don't have my folks in UK to inspect the bike and whom I can trust (no intention to offend anyone here). Thirdly (and funny) I didn't know it is from US until I started the documents work for taxes :)
Mine is full power with flashed and adjusted ECU for Yoshi.

I know not the same, but about 7 years ago I sold my 2004 R1 to a guy from Georgia (not USA) who was shipping it home and he said it was cheaper to do that than buy there.
In Georgia they don't have import taxes at all as far as I know, so it may be that localy they had higher prices for bikes :dontknow:

#8 ·
Welcome, here in Finland taxes on Bike prices are mad. A decent 2nd hand one will be 10k € + for a Gen 4. New we have to fork over near 25k €

You got the nicer Carbon R77 on yours, mine was the not so nice cheaper Stainless with carbon end tip.

How is the riding in Ukraine? Have you some decent tracks to ride on. Visited there a couple of times, Odessa would be interesting to ride given the pot holes on the roads there. If you are in need of bits for the bike look to the UK or Germany for them although UK sellers might be more happy to ship unblike their German counterparts. Even to Finland the Germans can be touchy shipping items.

#12 ·
I can't say we have tracks in the meaning of it, but we definitely have some places to lean the bike :) Unfortunately, they are not as safe as we would like them to be, here in Odessa we have 'track' though one of the corners lays right before the railroad :D so, safety, you know...

Still nice to ride around the city after 9PM, sea, ladies, nice weather. Perfect place to live in :)

#9 ·
Welcome! Okuratno na UA dorogah.

@10Arghh
I've shipped a few bikes and cars to RU and UA, was no more than $500 at the time for the bike and about $800 for cars. The main problem in both places is import tariffs that are/were based on engine size. Even tried to ship bike by parts to have re-assembled at destination, but I believe there were some issues with that with several bikes. Won't be surprised if shipping is the same, but cost of bike is probably cheaper in US vs UK.

#21 ·
Sad to hear of selling bike, is the Summer in Estonia that bad?

Here in poor Finland I have been riding since April. Last year did approx 10k kms Summer riding and that was in Finland alone )).

Now done Track ride number two at Kemoran Moottorirata. Much fun, nice group of riders there and by the third session I was picking a decent pace. Some of the folks riding the last corner which is a very tight hooking 1st gear turn. I am thinking when on it where is the apex )). Other pic is the layout of the track, 3rd turn is a nice 3rd gear sweeper into the 4th which I come back into 2nd gear. 3rd gear redline is the fastest I get on the main straight.

I'll be back for more before my 4 months (s******) riding window closes ))

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.