New Gen 5 Owner! - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 Old 05-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Understand your assessment. Brave to smoke those tires on the street.

I took the Bridgestones to Jennings after setting up the bike for the track. Gingerly used the tires in TC1-TC3 to get used to electronics for the 1st time. It was a good experience to break it loose a little with the big bike, even tho I kept the pace to about 60-70% in inter. group.

Using Pirelli out of habit and good service at track. Still slow, but worked great at RoadA. Friend tells me Dunlop may be on top now with newer product and stiffer front carcass(?) for this bike. Stay safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi10r View Post
Understand your assessment. Brave to smoke those tires on the street.

I took the Bridgestones to Jennings after setting up the bike for the track. Gingerly used the tires in TC1-TC3 to get used to electronics for the 1st time. It was a good experience to break it loose a little with the big bike, even tho I kept the pace to about 60-70% in inter. group.

Using Pirelli out of habit and good service at track. Still slow, but worked great at RoadA. Friend tells me Dunlop may be on top now with newer product and stiffer front carcass(?) for this bike. Stay safe
Yes I do not condone riding that hard on public roads! Just wanted to get a feel for the bike under hard acceleration from a corner and glad I did as I learned alot. I will be at Road Atlanta in September, Roebling this coming weekend (I hope), and NC bike in a couple months. I will certainly be ordering a set of Dunlops and go from there.

I will keep all updated with my experience and wish you all safe travels at high speeds!
post #23 of 26 Old 05-21-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Just got my ECU back from Schnitz racing and wow what a difference! The midrange is a lot more stronger then before and I now no longer have the backfire. Sounds like an actual tuned bike! I also noticed a lot less engine braking even with the feature off. The autoblipper is working seamlessly and the power feels more linear throughout the rev range as opposed to above 8k.

All in all well worth the money! So far I just have the M4 Tech 1 3/4 system and have a sprint filter on order. Once I get the suspension dialed in a little better this bike is going to be an animal on the track!

Happy to be back with team green!!!!

post #24 of 26 Old 05-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
Yes I do not condone riding that hard on public roads! Just wanted to get a feel for the bike under hard acceleration from a corner and glad I did as I learned alot. I will be at Road Atlanta in September, Roebling this coming weekend (I hope), and NC bike in a couple months. I will certainly be ordering a set of Dunlops and go from there.

I will keep all updated with my experience and wish you all safe travels at high speeds!
Iíll be at RRR as well. See ya there
wheelz96 likes this.
post #25 of 26 Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi10r View Post
Iíll be at RRR as well. See ya there
What gen ZX are you on? Will you be attending the N2 track day as well this weekend?
post #26 of 26 Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Will have a zx6 and Ď17 zx10 there.
wheelz96 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in