• 2 Post By MonK-E

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hi all

Hello form the UK

I've not purchased a zx-10r yet, just waiting for my car to sell.

I did have a 04 r1 about 8 years ago which saw some track action but I've been into modified cars recently.
I've got bored with that, as it's compared to extracting speed from an immovable object and costs a mind blowing amount of cash over here. So I'm cutting my losses and going back to a bike for more fun at a lower cost.

A while before the r1 I had a 636 which was a awsome little bike and probably some of the reason I'm looking at getting a 10r. I'm aiming for a gen 3 with the hope it'll be a better bike than the 04 r1 (more refined and all that)
Plans for it will be to ride it how it is for a couple of months or so to get properly used to it, then strip it down bung a race faring on it with a couple of upgrades and use it on the local circuit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lot's of helpful people and info on this website about the zx10r. Good time to buy a gen4 as everybody is getting rid of them and getting gen5 zx10rs. cheers!

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #3 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
I did have a look at gen 4 but over here they go for the equivalent of $8700-10000
While the gen 3 is around $6500.
Is there really that much improvement over the gen 3 to warrant the large increase in initial cost.

Personally I'd prefer to spend the difference on upgrades and track preparation.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 04:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I never had a gen 3 but from what I hear the frame design is the big drawback for the gen 3. The gen 4 imo is absolutely worth the cost difference. I am pretty biased though.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Monk-E

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-28-2017, 04:34 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've had gen1, 3 and now 4. Gen 3 has a stonking motor, but there is a very small window of set up for the gen3 . Stock suspension is dire and the chassis doesn't feel so confidence inspiring as the gen 4. Personally Id have a good gen 1 over a gen 3, difficulty is finding a good one and prices are starting to rise. Riding the gen 3 on the road probably wont tell you very much, its on the track its shortcomings will become apparent. Not saying you wont be able to do something with it, it will cost though, in terms of time and money spent. If you're looking for refinement, the gen 4 is worth the extra cash

post #7 of 10 Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well I just put a deposit down on a E8F. Should be arriving Thursday :D
post #8 of 10 Old 04-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Welcome!
post #9 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Turns out the bike shop couldn't deliver the bike before the bank holiday weekend. So I borrowed a van and done a 480mile round trip to pick it up ;)

As soon as I got home and unloaded, I took her for a spin. As a comparison to the old r1 I had it's quite similar in the way it handles and it's not even set up for me yet so it should have a bit more potential.

The motor though..... bloody ell the zx10 is superior alright. Don't think I can put into words how good it is without any engine mods. This bike is going to be a proper weapon once tweaked. Really can't believe it's taken me this long to get one.

turtle1000 and belkins like this.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonK-E View Post
Turns out the bike shop couldn't deliver the bike before the bank holiday weekend. So I borrowed a van and done a 480mile round trip to pick it up ;)

As soon as I got home and unloaded, I took her for a spin. As a comparison to the old r1 I had it's quite similar in the way it handles and it's not even set up for me yet so it should have a bit more potential.

The motor though..... bloody ell the zx10 is superior alright. Don't think I can put into words how good it is without any engine mods. This bike is going to be a proper weapon once tweaked. Really can't believe it's taken me this long to get one.

very nice and very clean! Looking good!

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.