• 1 Post By lun471k
  • 1 Post By michael4012
  • 1 Post By renais

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-23-2018, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello new here out of Fort Wayne, In

I recently purchased a 04’ zx10r with 15,500k miles. Slip on, and don’t know yet it has a filter. Seems stock. Test rode fine, etc. This was in a small town, and the bike needed gas ⛽️ I went and filled it up and noticed a lot of weird sputtering at low rpm in 1st @18mph it will start sputtering then go away, and when cruising at 45mph in 2nd or even 1st, the motor will sound dif and obviously start acting like it can’t breathe then if I crack it open it sputters then bam 💥 opens up and stays pulling hard. Q1: Could it be the crappy gas ⛽️ from the small town ? Q:2 Is it because it’s sat for a while? The guy said it’s been 6-8months since he’s ridding it? The battery was dead and we had to charge it prior to test ride. There was absolutely no sputtering when I test rode it with the gas ⛽️ light on. I’ve been reading and reading 📖 on here, and I’ve seen the kickstand switch, TPS, plugs, filter, exhaust servo (I cut the wires).. what about a nice bottle of Seafoam? It just seems like it’s the gas. It DID NOT DO THIS ON THE TEST RIDE. HELP PLEASE, I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT IN TO DEALER
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3B9DF392-B015-49AF-ABDF-C9C68725DC58_1524481942425.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	415618  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-23-2018, 06:32 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
There could be some residue in the gas tank. Somebody else with more experience than me could probably help you more with that, but I would buy some gumout/seafoam stuff and also fill it up with brand new gas.
KawMan260 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-23-2018, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun471k View Post
There could be some residue in the gas tank. Somebody else with more experience than me could probably help you more with that, but I would buy some gumout/seafoam stuff and also fill it up with brand new gas.
That's what I'm thinking, and thanks for the fast reply!

post #4 of 8 Old 04-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome by the way ! And keep us updated if the trouble keeps coming back.
Is there a Power Commander or was the bike flashed ? If it's the case, it could also be a fucked up fuel map.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun471k View Post
Welcome by the way ! And keep us updated if the troube keeps coming back. Is there a Power Commander or was the bike flashed ? If it's the case, it could also be a fucked up fuel map.
No PC3. This is what leads me to the tank of gas, it was in Payne, Ohio at a little towns gas station, and I used there 91... which I'm sure nobody uses in that town lol. Getting some Sea-foam tonight after work... also I know this doesn't pertain, but I did a fresh Mobile 1 4T 10w-40 oil and filter. Oil that came out was so milky, the guy said it's been over a year since last change. Which led him to saying it's sat for a very long time...
post #6 of 8 Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Issue fixed !!! 4hrs of Hell 😈 changing the spark plugs !!! Like a brand new bike now !!!!! It does have a K&N filter, I wish it had a BMC, being I’ve heard bad things about the K&N. I did clean it/vacuum it off and inside the ram air holes. 💪🏼👍 I hate to say it but I fell as if the bike pulls harder than my 08’ R1 with full titanium Akra. Pulls wheel up at 73 in 1st, if I’m not leaning forward enough. Scared the shit out of me lol. The bike is definitely light af. Feels like a 600cc with 1000cc power. Going to be getting a PC5 or 3 whichever is best for it, I haven’t even looked. It’s my bday tomorrow and it’s going to be 70F here in Indiana. Can’t wait to crack that throttle 💪🏼 💥🏍️🚓🚨&#x1f6 08;
post #7 of 8 Old 04-29-2018, 11:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

welcome mate good to have you.
KawMan260 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]192MPH stock engined 2008
post #8 of 8 Old 04-30-2018, 03:24 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep that's a gen1 alright
KawMan260 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in