4Likes
  • 4 Post By creekspunger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

First Kawasaki 2017 ZX10R

Hello,
I traded in my 2015 Yamaha R1 for the new Green Machine. I got it in October so I've been able to get good feel for her. First I've got to say is the power delivery and the transmission is butter smooth compared to the R1. I felt the power lagged until I hit 9k where the Yamaha had power just about everywhere. I loved my R1 but after reading about the issue with the snapping cranks I felt I was riding on a ticking time bomb. Maybe it would never happen but having that thought in the back of mind bothered me so I moved on to the Kawi. The Kawi does not feel as nimble as the R1 but it feels much more planted that boosts in confidence when leaned over.

Since owning the bike I have made some modifications such as full hindle exhaust, Sprint air filter, ECU flash by 2 wheel dynoworks, and some bike protection. After making the power mods the bike came alive! Power delivery still very smooth but a lot faster feeling the power at 6k rather than 9k. The stock exhaust was way too quiet and after installing the full hindle I was happy with the sounds especially when getting on the throttle. Not like a crossplane but still very pleasing to the ears. Overall, I am very happy with with the bike and can't wait to get her on track!

Some eye candy from stock to how she looks now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Looking good! if you want even more low end power consider switching sprockets the front and rear sprockets -1 +2.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #3 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Some power figures after the flash

post #4 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Way less lurchy than that R1 too, right? Where in California are you?
post #5 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 02:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

How do you like the topend power compared to the R1?

More cowbell
post #6 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm in North San Diego county, the pictures take were at palomar mountain. The throttle is much more manageable and less jerky than the r1. I got it to smooth out on the r1 after the tune but still had some twitchyness. The Kawi is smoother but still has a jerk to it also. The Kawi is all top end compared the Yamaha where power was throughout the whole rev range. It's funny I don't realize how fast I'm going on the Kawi until I look down because it is soo smooth.

post #7 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Good looking bike! i saw that backdrop and recognized good old Pali...who did the dyno tune for you? I'm interested on getting a slip on and a flash too I just don't know where in SD to go. I usually go to Palomar on weekends...I ride bone stock white '17 10r, maybe i'll see you there sometime.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Nice mate glad you are enjoying your 10.....

post #9 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Was it just flashed or was it dyno tuned?

Those numbers with the hindle installed? Filter too? Which filter are you running from sprint?

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #10 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Falshed by Nels at 2wheeldynoworks. Not dynotune, flash only. Hindle full system exhaust, Sprint street air filter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.