• 1 Post By nakedinseattle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-24-2017, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
ECU poping fuse

07 ZX10R

i bought the bike a couple weeks ago first ninja when i was riding it home the battery got hot and lost power.

when i got it home and everything cooled down cause it was a very hot day that day i put in a new batt to see where i was at with the bike and do some tests i couldn't find anything other than the following that i replaced>> but when i put in the new batt it popped the ecu fuse

the stator was out>>> I mean out it was demagnetized!!! fell off in my hand it was replaced
rectifier was burnt out i replaced it
i also replaced the entire wiring harness just in case something broke in the harness and was grounded

i put everything back together along with a fresh oil change just because and as soon as i hook up the batt it pops the ECU fuse!! i have unhooked everything i even took all the tape off of my old harness and all the wires were still good there were a couple questionable ones but none that could cause all off this im glad i replaced the harness but im still left with the ecu popping every time i hook up the battery
Please help i am ordering a new ecu for it tomorrow but any advise please!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-25-2017, 08:39 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Uh, well you're going about this all backwards. The new ECU was pointless. The fuse is for the power into the ECU, not out of it. The fuse is there to protect the ECU from getting a surge into it so it doesn't overvolt. Your battery/wiring harness is the problem as something is shorting it out and blowing the fuse in the circuit TO it. So you need to check each and every connection you did and measure voltage in and around those connections. Throwing more money and parts at the issue isn't the proper procedure and won't fix anything. It will make it worse actually, because now there's so many new things to check it's hard to figure out what the problem is.

And you bought a new OEM Kawasaki harness, correct? I sure hope so!
rcannon likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 6 Old 07-29-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
new Ecu fixed it Started right up and all my voltages are good.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-03-2017, 01:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Uh, well you're going about this all backwards. The new ECU was pointless. The fuse is for the power into the ECU, not out of it. The fuse is there to protect the ECU from getting a surge into it so it doesn't overvolt. Your battery/wiring harness is the problem as something is shorting it out and blowing the fuse in the circuit TO it. So you need to check each and every connection you did and measure voltage in and around those connections. Throwing more money and parts at the issue isn't the proper procedure and won't fix anything. It will make it worse actually, because now there's so many new things to check it's hard to figure out what the problem is.

And you bought a new OEM Kawasaki harness, correct? I sure hope so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frerichs14 View Post
new Ecu fixed it Started right up and all my voltages are good.
lol...i wonder who is gonna eat their shoe here...was skydork right? or is this new fixed ecu gonna last? tune in next week for the next episode of zx10arama!
SkyDork likes this.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #5 of 6 Old 08-04-2017, 08:16 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
lol...i wonder who is gonna eat their shoe here...was skydork right? or is this new fixed ecu gonna last? tune in next week for the next episode of zx10arama!
Oh snap. I've developed a good flavor for shoes these days. I eat shoes quite often.

With that being said, and the OPs issue being resolved, my next question would be if he tried plugging the old ECU back in to see if the problem reappeared? Or is the problem corrected because the harness/wiring to the ECU was unplugged, replugged, and moved around from the effort of getting to the ECU? Who knows. Just glad he got the problem fixed.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 6 Old 08-04-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
I did plug in my old Ecu before my new Ecu arrived and it popped the fuse. I just took my bike out to our kawasaki dealer and got some new tires and they did tests on the system and everything came out perfect. They told me The only thing I should do is look at flashing my new computer to match my fuel management system but they said it was good to go. I am taking my old Ecu out to them to see what happened to it. There was only one guy that they have seen that happen to and it was on a zx6. So they think the guy befor me put in the wrong stator. It worked for a bit and then just let loose and over charged the whole system.

It needed up taking out the rec. stator. Blew my old batt up took out ever light that was on and melted some wires in my main harness not to mention my computer.

All is fixed. Been professionally tested. And the bike is running better than ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.