Gen 5: 2016 -> 2017 zx10r totaled August 27th. Screwed over by ins, my job and lost it all. - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 10-28-2017, 01:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Reminds me of this cop flipping his bike.

zx7rr_2_zx10r likes this.

Last edited by Bottoms-Up; 10-28-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 10-28-2017, 07:35 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The comments towards you are not negative, or against you, personally. They are the truth.

Wearing defective boots, and wondering why you got hurt? Now stop....

Heres the problem with the way you are thinking. Its not negative, or positive, its reality.

When you blame everyone and everything else, you give up control. People who think like that just keep bouncing from bad situation to bad situation. How could it be different, its not YOUR fault...?

Its like this...its not the defective boots fault. They could sit there for the next 30 years and not hurt anyone...

The problem will be with the person who decides its a good option to use them, and they are surprised, and unprepared to get hurt.

Allstate insurance? Again...you signed up for it without knowing what the policy said...

Dumb assed cop..again, you had an illegal plate, and went out of your way to get him to notice you.

Thats just a few examples, from your story, but the whole story reads like that.
Capncalyx likes this.
post #23 of 29 Old 10-28-2017, 08:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The only thing you have shared is how naive you are and how little you know about what I like to call, “adulting”. And I bet you are in your 20’s already. The fact that you can’t see how many bad decisions you made, makes it easy to come to the aforementioned conclusions. Your problems would have been quite easy to avoid if you had your shlt together.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS

post #24 of 29 Old 10-28-2017, 11:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry but your in Michigan and we are a no fault fire state. you weren't fired illegally but you can collect in employment.
Unless your a union employee you can be fired at any time without cause only recourse you have is file foe in employment.
Sucks you got screwed over buy a dealer and sales person there are a ton of them out there. before you buy another bike do your research the internet is full of a ton of crap and a little bit of good info. find a good deal and know your price your willing to pay before you get there.
Never buy in house contracts and vip services there all a scam if you want to protect your investment buy a ROK extended contract from Kawasaki.

hope you heel up and get back to work soon
rcannon and mOo like this.

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #25 of 29 Old 10-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry for your circumstances...Shit happens...but....

Please use paragraphs when writing text....Did you try reading what you wrote back?

Not easy....right?
post #26 of 29 Old 11-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I love it when we are young and think we have all these legal rights...which, we do, on paper.....except....

Your going to need to write a BIG check to have any of these enforced. Unless you belong to some minority group, AND your story will make national news, there really isn't anyone who cares.

The truth is, you can basically be neglected to death in a hospital and unless theres a six figured payday for someone, no one gives two shits about your rights. As far as being illegally fired, lol. You probably were. I doubt the first retainer check you write will be much more than $15,000, so give them hell....fight for whats right.

When the company settles for $25,000, the lawyer will take 35% of that as well as his expenses. If you get your initial 15,000 back, you will be very lucky. But, you will have won...
realpsi likes this.
post #27 of 29 Old 11-01-2017, 08:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon View Post
I love it when we are young and think we have all these legal rights...which, we do, on paper.....except....

Your going to need to write a BIG check to have any of these enforced. Unless you belong to some minority group, AND your story will make national news, there really isn't anyone who cares.

The truth is, you can basically be neglected to death in a hospital and unless theres a six figured payday for someone, no one gives two shits about your rights. As far as being illegally fired, lol. You probably were. I doubt the first retainer check you write will be much more than $15,000, so give them hell....fight for whats right.

When the company settles for $25,000, the lawyer will take 35% of that as well as his expenses. If you get your initial 15,000 back, you will be very lucky. But, you will have won...
Truth right there

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #28 of 29 Old 11-01-2017, 09:43 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

I scanned your report; nothing makes any sense to me. What I just wrote will make sense to you in a few years even if you stop riding which I'm NOT advising you to do.

My initial is the following: Have to think things through; understand that people are not your friends; understand that enemies can become friends; plan what you're doing by reading the literature on the topic; and so on.
rcannon likes this.
post #29 of 29 Old 11-02-2017, 12:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

....Damn, if i had a nickle for every time my life was ruined!

Lots of great points in this thread and i wasnt initially going to respond to this thread either because i too, can be a bit harsh LOL!!

Yes dude, you bought defective boots from what i can understand of your post. Gotta understand that when you're on a motorcycle you need every edge you can get! Buy as good as you can afford, no bullshit, no defective stuff, etc...

Fuck. I was well into my 20's by the time i stopped making shitty decisions left and right and can only nowadays get it down to about once a day or so.

Allstate BLOWS. Had them screw me over in the late 90's and never went back.

One of the hardest things for some of us in life is learning. Or allowing yourself to learn, unburdened by ego, etc...

@ RTPerf. We are the same here in Indiana. Think we call it At Will or something but yea they pretty much need ZERO reason to let ya go.

@rcannon, thats hilarious! In my early 20's i always thought some big entity of some sort would always swoop in and save my ass and help me enforce my rights when really...harsh reality is - no one gives fucks. You fight for yourself and yourself only and doing that, you quickly realize which fights you wanna fight and ones you cant, ones you cant afford to fight, etc...

When i was 20-25 i printed t-shirts for a living. Five years i lived at this place that i and my coworkers also considered home. 10-14 hour days in extreme heat at times, i gave everything of myself for this place. About the 4th year i worked there, the hippie owner sucked with finances and had to sell the business. New owners from fucking Manhattan, NY come in and buy our little mom n pop screen shop in NC.
About a year later i got in a fight, dislocating my shoulder during the fight for the official 2nd time on one side (and yes, one usually will lose a fight where an arm goes down due to dislocation - dont ask me how ive managed to do that twice now in two separate fights). I could no longer pull squeegees and do the intense manual labor i was good at. People would be surprised how much energy it takes to manually print t's, or hell even on a automatic press. I was really good at what i did but now my value was 0 with the loss of an arm.
I was fired after a couple weeks of doing bullshit work. It sucked hard and i had to find ways to suck it up and move on. On top of that, my whole arm was useless, i was out of a job and had to find one and AND the fucker that i fought not only got the best of me (no blood tho) during the fight but went to the Magistrates office right after to file to have me arrested.
So technically i was arrested at about 8:30am 3 days after the fight and then fired shortly after within a couple weeks. Part of me was so upset but part of me also realized how the new owners saw me - loose cannon and unreliable due to possible future jail time. It fucked with me and as i write this right now it strikes me as just how naive i was at the time. We are pretty much all of us Expendable. On the other hand, no one is perfect.

Not sure if i covered all the points i wanted to but i sure did ramble lol
rcannon likes this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2017zx10r, ihnfc why i read this, liferuined, totaled, zx10r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.