***ZX-10R Owners please read...ESPECIALLY New Owners!!*** - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

How about what type of fender eliminator to use? That is one I always see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaddict
Right fuggin on.

11th, if you have to ask stupid questions, you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO business on a liter bike. FUGGIN NEWBeeS!!!!!!
+100000000000000 to that..lol So how do I paint my windscreen pink???
post #33 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Good write up Hill, Kawi should incorporate it into the owners manual

Has anyone seen my marbles ?

post #34 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Awsome right up, rep on the way. Now we need to get the chromers and haters to get a long and we will actually be like a nice big Kawi family, with the added foster child. (GV, no offense.) LOL
post #35 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Man About Town

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXTOM
And there were no multiple levels orscreens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win! The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
post #36 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Good write up!

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #37 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountry10r

FIRST:

Why does my 10r bog down below 5K? Well for one we have what we call a close ratio tranny. To help keep you from wheelieing EVERYWHERE in first due to the min of 150RWHP. The 10r was never designed with pulling away from a stop light in mind. Yes, you may have to rev her up a bit to get her rollin.

Also she's geared high from the factory. this is to keep squids from loopin the bike as you pull out of the dealership parking lot. put a 16t on the front t will help this problem. Yes it will accelerate and wheelie easier. it will also run about 500rpms higher per the same speed.
while the spirit of this post is accurate, it isnt correct from a technical standpoint. if it was simply a matter of gearing the question would be 'why is my ZX10 slow in 1st gear?' as the gear ratio isnt variable and doesnt change no matter what the RPM reads. therefore there wouldnt be a 'bog' so much as an entirely slow gear. the reason the 10R bogs in the early part of the powerband is due to the cam profile and head/port design. they run a very short runner, with large lift cams carrying high duration. they also have large valves and ports (which have in the '06 been shrunk down to try and gain as much bottom end as possible.. i suspect that their valves weren't anywhere near their flow capacity at the point that their stock valve springs float.. therefore it was essentially power that cant ever be achieved on stock valvetrain, and as such they shrunk the valve inorder to pick up as much port velocity through the rev range and make real power as opposed to 'power that could be made.')

altering the gearing simply band-aid's the lack of grunt on the bottom end, it doesnt actually change the power delivery any. its just our solution to keeping the upper RPM HP figures, while still maintaining some driveability on the bottom end.

technically a 'close ratio' tranny would cause it to be MORE wheelie prone, what we have is called a 'long final drive.'

thought i'd correct this before it became a misconception, but like i said the spirit of your post was accurate.
post #38 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz
Awsome right up, rep on the way. Now we need to get the chromers and haters to get a long and we will actually be like a nice big Kawi family, with the added foster child. (GV, no offense.) LOL

only halfway.. she's half owner of my '06 ZX10.
post #39 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
10R
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Excellent post Hill.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
post #40 of 363 Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno22
Good write up Hill, Kawi should incorporate it into the owners manual

WTF!! This things comes with a owners MANUAL???????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.