Exhaust...?? Decision .. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: Muzzy Or Brocks Megaphone????
Muzzy 2 18.18%
Brocks 7 63.64%
Other? If u choose this post it up! 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-07-2014, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Exhaust...?? Decision ..

So looking for a new exhaust since I want to put some OZ racing wheels on. I want to be able to see the rear wheel better.. So that means I have to let go the dual exhaust go and move to a single megaphone setup (if I could get a left side exhaust I would but haven't found one). I know it will be loud and I will lose some low end power (my biggest concern) but from my research I notice muzzy kinda fixed that, not 100% but better .. They used a stepped header so it's restricted at the head and then gets bigger ...
I don't know of anyone else that does this? I know Brocks doesn't and I loss an extreme amount of low end power on my ZX10 with the alien head.. This is what's keeping me away from brocks megaphone! However I like the looks of it.. Id give it 5 starts and muzzy 4.5 in looks.. Performance wise muzzy beats out brocks according to a magazine exhaust shootout (done a few years ago).
I also contacted austin racing they seem to think the Z1000 slipons will fit. But I'm not so sure..??

So my post is basically to see what u guys opinions are?

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or sportbikepc@gmail.com for pricing..

Last edited by 06blackpearl; 09-07-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The Brocks is the only way to fly on the second generation. The exhaust on the second generation needs bigger primaries and the only real header that pulls big primaries for racing is Brocks. Ivan showed the Akra header made more HP in some places on his dyno, but they aren't winning many races. I have the Alienhead 2 on my 2013 ZX-14R. Torque on the low end isn't really an issue when you can melt the rear at 3000 rpm.

If you're referring to this shootout then it's apples to oranges:

http://www.superstreetbike.com/how-t...-smoking-pipes

If they used a ZX-14 after 2008, then (IMHO) the results are kind of flawed as there was a cat in the stock header if I remember correctly. A lot of horsepower was freed up not by the actual pipe design, but just by getting rid of the cat.

The second gen (2012+) doesn't have a cat in the pipe (in the USA) and it actually flows pretty well. If you look at the Two Brothers website they show the slip ons making more peak power than their full system!

So....for a first gen the Muzzy is a really good deal for the dollar...especially if you can find a map for it. If you plan on a full dyno workup then the Brocks system may suddenly seem appealing because they supply you with a couple proven maps.

So....Brocks for Gen 2. Brocks OR Muzzy for gen 1.

Last edited by Lycanthrope; 09-10-2014 at 09:48 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-11-2014, 05:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Brocks Alien Head 2 all the way for a 14R

The two brothers system is too small in diameter to make good power on the 14 r, the reason brocks makes 15-20 hp over stock is it is a 2 1/4 inch diameter exhaust, the two brothers is a 2"

2" exhausts are only good up until around 200 hp, Brock tested this and this is why he came up with the alien head 2 pipe for the 14 r.....it is also a 2 1/4 inch muffler core

Last edited by bmacknyc1000; 09-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Brocks dual CT all Titanium pipe...expensive..but the best always is.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

YOSHI R-55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.