Gen 1: 2004-2005 PC-V & autotune on a 1st GEN - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
So a few questions

-Which PC 5 should one order?

-Do you really need to worry about the ignition on a first gen? On my 05 I had a PC3, DJ Quick shifter and DJ Ignition module, but never had it tuned any way so the Ignition module was pretty much useless.

-From my understanding since the PC 5 autotune's there's really no need to pay some one to "tune" your moto?

-Schematic time OP :)

The 04 I am about to pick up has a PC 3 and I'm thinking about ripping it out in favor of the PC 5

Thanks
Judd

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSLOW10 View Post
So a few questions

-Do you really need to worry about the ignition on a first gen? On my 05 I had a PC3, DJ Quick shifter and DJ Ignition module, but never had it tuned any way so the Ignition module was pretty much useless.

-From my understanding since the PC 5 autotune's there's really no need to pay some one to "tune" your moto?

The 04 I am about to pick up has a PC 3 and I'm thinking about ripping it out in favor of the PC 5

Thanks
Judd

You must get a PC-V for a 3d gen ZX,and 2 posi-taps along with some thin wire. These are all the things you need to make a PC-V work on your bike.

I should really make a schematic,truth is I already have it on paper I just need to scan it. :iamwithst

Now,on 1st gen's since it only has 4 injectors,you don't need an ignition module for the quickshifter to work,just the sensor.But if you want to add some spark advance then you can get one.

Autotune is something that helps the tuner,it doesn't replace him...
post #43 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balogiannis View Post
You must get a PC-V for a 3d gen ZX,and 2 posi-taps along with some thin wire. These are all the things you need to make a PC-V work on your bike.

I should really make a schematic,truth is I already have it on paper I just need to scan it. :iamwithst

Now,on 1st gen's since it only has 4 injectors,you don't need an ignition module for the quickshifter to work,just the sensor.But if you want to add some spark advance then you can get one.

Autotune is something that helps the tuner,it doesn't replace him...
SCAN it :)

Is there more tuning options with the V versus the III in regards to being able to tweak more?

Thanks

Judd

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...

post #44 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
So a few questions

Well.. if you did not made so far any use of the IM other than plugging it why would you say itīs useless? I've been able to improve overall the whole curve by adding or subtracting advance where it was necessary so I deffinitely say it is worth, unless you are a turbo/nitrous guy who only cares for big hp increase numbers

How would you know which it the best AFR? You may get close but only that.
As Balogiannis said itīs a tool but it does not replace a good tuner with a dyno. It saves time.

Thanks
Judd
Quote:

Is there more tuning options with the V versus the III in regards to being able to tweak more?

There are indeed a lot more tuning options with the PCV than with the PC3

Thanks

Judd
post #45 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:

Thanks

Judd

As I mentioned before,PC-V has more tuning capabilities than 99% of the people are going to use. Comparing it to the PC-III is simply unfair. If you just want to make a map that corresponds to your mods and call it a day,then both devices are similar and will get you there with the same results.

From there on,PC-V is more configurable,per gear and per cylinder maps ( so far I haven't seen anyone making individual maps for each cylinder,and only a few spent the time to make 6 maps,one for each gear.)

2 maps via a map switch
Autotune
Ability to control eight injectors with the Secondary Fuel Module
And a few more more specific like guel enrichment per boost etc...

I even used it as a datalogger ( sort of) to help me make maps for my race ECU...
post #46 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 10:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I wasn't saying the IM was useless. I just meant it really did nothing for me since I never tuned everything. Since you made advancements did it help in creating a better power curve?

Kinda thinking about staying with the PC3 the more I think about it, but just thought the PC5 with Autotune was kinda cool :)

post #47 of 57 Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes, undoubtedly help producing more power up top and improving thottle response very clearly all over the entire rpm range. It takes a lot of time and dyno work to extract the utmost performance out of it. Switching back to a zero map shows the dramatic difference in behaviour, specially if you have mods like increased compression or head work.

There is a PCV IM now though. It's a matter of budget. You have all the hardware already so better try to tune your IM first.
post #48 of 57 Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to DAXENOX

italian official tester
post #49 of 57 Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
impressive research man!

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/100ft.lb@6psi, GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #50 of 57 Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

id love to see the scan of the wiring you said you had.... i think ill do this over the winter... now the question is... could we do this with a bazzaz zfi/tc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.