Gen 1: 2004-2005 PC-V & autotune on a 1st GEN - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 Old 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
I'm sorry guys but I didn't took detailed pictures when I did the job,and now the PC-III is sold.

It definately helps having both devices side by side. If anyone is interested I can go to the bike and get some more detailed pics of the PC-V rewired. This should be enough for you to do the job. It's just a simple rewire after you figure out where all the wires need to go.

The plugs on the PC-V has 16 wires. Only 7 are used by the PC-V,the others are just a simple loop. I promise I will make a schematic and explain everything in detail when I get the time.

Back to the topic! Everything pluged in and working,just need to sort some minor details through the PC-V software,like calibrating the tps,configuring the map switch and autotune on-off switch...

Here is a short video showing everything connected and reasy to fire! I will also add the missing info about the grey- black/white wires on the first post!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasos View Post
Also can anyone buy only the wb2 without the gauge?
To change the dual maps on the pcv you need an LCD (lcd100 or lcd200)?

Sorry I forgot to answer that... Yes you can buy the wb2 only without the gauge...

To change between the 2 maps you can make a 2 map switch with a toggle button and some insulated cable,for 4-5 €... Don't buy the one from Dynojet,it's just to expensive for a simple switch!

I made my own bracket from some scrap aluminum sheet,and mounted it on the brake bracket!

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5896/dsc02893au.jpg

Or get the bazzaz map select switch if you don't like mine!

post #33 of 57 Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

As far as ignition module,according to dynojet the ignition module for the PC-V is available,part 6-75.

It's a bit expensive at 359 $,but I guess it solves the ignition management problem...

post #34 of 57 Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

so if Im goin to run a bike with nitrous and wanna be able to run two maps and watch my air/fuel. What do i all need to get the best tune out of the bike. I thought the lcd screen for the pc3 allows for 2 maps and then you can buy ignition module. What benefit is there to buy the pcV and doin this? cause then if i wanted a screen and ignition tuning id buy those seperate as well correct? Sorry new to this power commander stuff and tryin to comprehend all of this haha

Im basically wanting something to get me a good tune, with something to watch my air/fuel and everything, also something to tune my ignition. Just wondering whats the best option. I like the dynojet lcd screen cause i was gonna fiberglass it into the tank on my show/drag bike but idk

Also have a friend wanting to sell me a innovate wideband of his 02 prelude, said it retailed for over 300 and he only wanted 75 bucks for it, sounds like a good deal but would that work
post #35 of 57 Old 05-27-2011, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCMotorsports View Post
so if Im goin to run a bike with nitrous and wanna be able to run two maps and watch my air/fuel. What do i all need to get the best tune out of the bike. I thought the lcd screen for the pc3 allows for 2 maps and then you can buy ignition module. What benefit is there to buy the pcV and doin this? cause then if i wanted a screen and ignition tuning id buy those seperate as well correct? Sorry new to this power commander stuff and tryin to comprehend all of this haha

Im basically wanting something to get me a good tune, with something to watch my air/fuel and everything, also something to tune my ignition. Just wondering whats the best option. I like the dynojet lcd screen cause i was gonna fiberglass it into the tank on my show/drag bike but idk

Also have a friend wanting to sell me a innovate wideband of his 02 prelude, said it retailed for over 300 and he only wanted 75 bucks for it, sounds like a good deal but would that work

Number one reason for fitting a PC-V instead of a PC-III is the autotune,and then having 2 maps with a press of a button. ( normal fuel,race fuel etc)
On a 1st GEN which has 4 injectors you can also have quickshifter function without the Ignition module,QEM,or SFM.
These 3 reasons are good enough to justify the purchase of a PC-V instead of a PC-III,especially if you like to tweek the bike your self.

If you are using nitrous then you could easily set-up a momentary switch to your nitrous button,so every time you spray the 2nd ( richer-nitrous map) comes into play, and as soon as you you stop spraying you are back to your normal map... How does that sound? You can even set up your map per gear if you like to push the limits...

If you like to monitor your AFR then you can purchase a wideband 2 & gauge,and monitor your AFR through the gauge.

Or just get the LCD screen from dynojet and datalog everything...

There are so many things that a PC-V does over the PC-III,so many that most people don't even bother to play with!
post #36 of 57 Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Did you ever make a wiring diagram cause I really don't wanna have to buy a pc3 to rewire the pc5?
post #37 of 57 Old 06-22-2011, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCMotorsports View Post
Did you ever make a wiring diagram cause I really don't wanna have to buy a pc3 to rewire the pc5?

No I didn't,but I think I'm able to take some detailed pictures of the 2 units side by side.
post #38 of 57 Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok that'd be awesome
post #39 of 57 Old 08-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

thread revive!! any updates to this??
post #40 of 57 Old 08-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
thread revive!! any updates to this??
Yep there are some

Who dares, wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.