How To remove KLEEN / AIS for Cal / 50st bikes - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 148 Old 06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ok... got everything in order and put the bike back together. Took it for a spin and immediately realized something was wrong. Turns out I forgot to reconnect the sub throttle valve actuator (disconnecting it made it easier to get at one of the bolts). Hopefully I'll be able to remove the right mid fairing and snake my hand up in there from the front to reconnect it.... God I hope so.

David Nolden
CMRA #711
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 148 Old 06-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

About how long did the whole procedure take you guys, and what was the difficulty level?
post #23 of 148 Old 06-22-2004, 12:39 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

took me a total of about 2.5 hours or so. but I had to take one of the block-off plates back off and reinsert the reed valve, so it might take you less time. The trick is to have a good idea of exactly what needs to be done beforehand (like knowing how to get the airbox out... that saves about an hour right there :) ) As for parts, if you have a 49 state bike, you just need the block-off plates and one 5/8 inch rubber cap.
Difficulty level: basic wrench turning. Having the service manual helps somewhat if you get stuck trying to figure out how to remove a certain component.

David Nolden
CMRA #711

post #24 of 148 Old 06-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to wheelup702 Send a message via Yahoo to wheelup702
Ok, now I got a problem. One of the techs half assed removed the charcoal can. Now I got a gas leak down the side of my engine. I lifted the tank to see what he had done. The can is gone and so is the purge, or smaller canister? There are two open lines from the bottom of the tank, that are now connected to NOTHING. Are both the red and blue fittings on the tank supposed to be open? Then there are two more hoses, looks like they come from the throttle body area, that are plugged with screws... The tech that works on my bike got like halfway into it, then is off on disability now because of carpal tunnel or some shit. He's a great tech, but now I am left with problems that I didn't start, so I don't know what to plug or leave vented. And the gas leaking down the side of my bike is REALLY pissing me off.
post #25 of 148 Old 06-29-2004, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

maybe this will help:

To remove the charcoal canister (and related hardware), you’ll need the following:
(2) 1/8th vacuum caps (throttle body lines)
(1) 3/16th vacuum cap for the red nipple (charcoal canister/fuel tank feed – 1/4th caps may be applicable)
(1) hose connected to the blue nipple and routed along the inside of the RH frame spar and then routed across the backside of the FI bodies where a ‘T’ fitting is inserted so that the overflow/vent hose from the left hand side can be connected for proper venting purposes. Band / compression clasps, zip ties, hose clamps throughout (where applicable), are essential in order to seal the vacuum caps.

Sorry no pics as i don't have a digi.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #26 of 148 Old 06-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I just talked to a few different guys and they are all telling me that I should leave the two tank fittings vented to nothing. Then plug the two that come off the throttle bodies. Isn't the red hose(or blue?) the vent that is from the gas cap? I saw that there's a hole in the filler neck area of the gas tank, and it seems to go to one of the red or blue hoses...
post #27 of 148 Old 06-29-2004, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

if you blow some compressed air into the cap vent hole you'll see it vents through (forgot which one) 1 of the tank vents in the upper RH corner.

BD

post #28 of 148 Old 06-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry, I am just so damn confused...
post #29 of 148 Old 06-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

KLEEN / AIS removal procedure for Cal / 50st bikes

Just how does one get the airbox out? I fought and fought with mine when installing the PCIII-USB and never managed to do more than get it good-n-stuck

Jonathan
post #30 of 148 Old 06-30-2004, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Yeah its a PITA thats for sure! i managed to turn mine counter clockwise with a bit of a tilt while pushing the rubber intake boots outta the way......no i don't have 4 hands but i am persistant.

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.