I decided to do a write up with pics to share with my fellow ZX10R.NETTERS.
I made it very simple to follow.
Maybe make it a sticky, what do you guys think.
1. Remove rear seat / cowl.
2. Remove the two screws on the panel
directly behind the front seat & remove panel.
3. Remove Front seat.
4. Locate the bike "DEALER MODE" wire and female connector
Pictured 1, 2, 3. Below ( Pointing at it with highlighter)
5. Take a piece of small wire (approx 14") and strip both ends.
6. Insert one end into "DEALER MODE" connector.
7. Ground other end of wire to either seat bolt hole
or negative terminal on battery.
8. Turn key ON and watch the FI light flash.
There will be a series of slow then fast flashes.
Count the Slow flashes & Fast flashes
i.e. 1 slow flash & 5 Fast flashes is a Code 15
If you have more than 1 problem with your bike,
it will display all error codes from the lowest # to the highest #.
Have a piece of paper and pen to write down the
slow / fast flashes.
SERVICE CODES are listed below.